Check your account email address ×

Now is the time to tell the unions to fuck off!

Anler

2 hours ago, irv said:

That is F'd Up if true? I can't see, if push came to shove, how the union could just walk away from all issues/concerns she had if she is paying dues? I'm sure if it ever came down to something where she needed representation and then told a judge/lawyer, etc, I am sure they would hold the union accountable. 

If you can, what union is that and what workers do they represent? 

It is because she is part time. Min wage, no benefits. The union prevents them from working more than 5 hours per shift, actually screwing them over. Pretty sad.

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

It is because she is part time. Min wage, no benefits. The union prevents them from working more than 5 hours per shift, actually screwing them over. Pretty sad.

A game I have also seen before myself. It's a settled negotiation because the company won't hire full time employees. OPG is also doing the same thing, only the temp employees have to pay both dues. One to their own union plus one into ours. They do get representation, however, if and when needed. 

23 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

If the union didnt fight for this the company would turn half the full time jobs into part time with no bennies.

The union fights to allow only so ma y part time jobs otherwise they are stealing work from full time 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irv said:

That is F'd Up if true? I can't see, if push came to shove, how the union could just walk away from all issues/concerns she had if she is paying dues? I'm sure if it ever came down to something where she needed representation and then told a judge/lawyer, etc, I am sure they would hold the union accountable. 

If you can, what union is that and what workers do they represent? 

Sounds like the UFCW ( United Food Commercial Workers) but what it really means is U Fkn Can't  Win 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If the union didnt fight for this the company would turn half the full time jobs into part time with no bennies.

The union fights to allow only so ma y part time jobs otherwise they are stealing work from full time 

But still want dues without any representation for part timers. BTW, nobody is stealing work you moron.