Check your account email address ×

It would take humans over 100,000 years to melt all the ice off Antarctica on purpose

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Fucktards like you can't make up your mind. 

First it isn't happening.  But if it is happening it's sunspots. then volcanoes, then the data is wrong. 

You'd think the 5% of fakers that are paid by the fossil fuel industry could at least decide on a narrative. 

What’s not happening?

8 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

using solar requires this.Image result for china strip mine rare earth

Is that the photo of a copper mine that dolts keep pretending is a lithium mine?

If you have any pier reviewed studies that compare the environmental impact of an ice vehicle to an EV's complete life cycle of material for the vehicle and energy use during its' lifetime please show it. 

Otherwise fuck off with your stupid photos. 

8 hours ago, irv said:

And the ones who think C02 is a pollutant. :wacko:

cliomi.jpg

9 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I wonder how trees and plants survived before cars!!!1111

You'd die without water too. 

Why don't you two put your head under water for 5 minutes and see how that works?

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Why don't you two put your head under water for 5 minutes and see how that works?

Wow that went dark.  

36 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

And your point being? :dunno: 

Again, for the umpteenth time, please tell me what you have seen for yourself and what the climate emergency is here in Canada.

Don't move the goal posts with some comment that has nothing to do with the questions like your water comment above, just tell me in your own words. 

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Like washing your hair?  Won’t make you die 

41 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Interesting read on a great and highly feasible alternative to chemical battery storage for electrical grids.....

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-spot-530-000-potential-pumped-hydro-sites-to-meet-all-our-renewable-energy-needs

So tell me this. how much energy will it staore and how much energy will it take to move the water up to the storage? Ya i thought so. Then you also forgot to consider the energy to build and maintain it across its lifespan. You see, this simplistic ideas are not so simplistic but are presented as such to fool idiots like you.

Edited by ManOnManOral

26 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

So tell me this. how much energy will it staore and how much energy will it take to move the water up to the storage? Ya i thought so. Then you also forgot to consider the energy to build and maintain it across its lifespan. You see, this simplistic ideas are not so simplistic but are presented as such to fool idiots like you.

That's the nature of "storage" - duh.  You put energy in while there's an excess and you can withdraw when your primary source isn't producing.  I don't think anybody is forgetting about the costs you speak of.  Currently, pumped hydro accounts for 95% of the U.S. utility scale storage so they'd have to "fool" a lot of people to pull that off if it weren't actually viable. 

I get it, you fear progress but have no way of stopping it.  How's bout you make yourself useful and cry me a river so I can convert it into hydro power, eh?

2 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

That's the nature of "storage" - duh.  You put energy in while there's an excess and you can withdraw when your primary source isn't producing.  I don't think anybody is forgetting about the costs you speak of.  Currently, pumped hydro accounts for 95% of the U.S. utility scale storage so they'd have to "fool" a lot of people to pull that off if it weren't actually viable. 

I get it, you fear progress but have no way of stopping it.  How's bout you make yourself useful and cry me a river so I can convert it into hydro power, eh?

Of course they are forgetting. they never took into account any environmental impacts at all. it is a great idea, UNTIL you look closer. then you see how it would create a large amount of pollution, disrupt natural waterflow, take 3 times as much solar and wind generation to feed a grid, create massive amounts of pollution in the contrustruction of materials. NONE of this is accounted for to state this is a clean alternative. i bet NG is cleaner.

2 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

Interesting read on a great and highly feasible alternative to chemical battery storage for electrical grids.....

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-spot-530-000-potential-pumped-hydro-sites-to-meet-all-our-renewable-energy-needs

Pumped hydro is a retarded idea unless you just don’t have access to  uranium or running water to build a dam for hydroelectricity 

Edited by Duke KaBoom

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Only the truly stupid fear science.

True. Like the morons here that think we’re going to die from too much c02 when we’re still in a c02 drought 

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Only the truly stupid fear science.

Fearing science is stupid. However questioning bad science is imperative. If you can afford $1.50 per kwh for electricity that is wonderful. Poor working people cannot. Any detrimental environmental issues caused by the use of fossil fuels are dwarfed by the harm that comes to lower middle and lower income earners and the poor by implimenting high cost energy into the mainstream. The fact is, at this moment climate change has NOT caused any catastrophic events in weather patterns. Any reports it has are junk science and outright lies. Every time a forest fire happens we now hear it is caused by climate change, all flooding, well that too is now deemed the same. It is an outright lie.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Fearing science is stupid. However questioning bad science is imperative. If you can afford $1.50 per kwh for electricity that is wonderful. Poor working people cannot. Any detrimental environmental issues caused by the use of fossil fuels are dwarfed by the harm that comes to lower middle and lower income earners and the poor by implimenting high cost energy into the mainstream. The fact is, at this moment climate change has NOT caused any catastrophic events in weather patterns. Any reports it has are junk science and outright lies. Every time a forest fire happens we now hear it is caused by climate change, all flooding, well that too is now deemed the same. It is an outright lie.

This is completely true 

even the IPCC report concludes that once you account for population and urban sprawl there has been no appreciable increase in damages from weather disasters. 

The very best we could do is slightly slow climate change. But make everyone poor in the process. It’s better to keep the economy rolling to lift more people out of poverty so it’s easier for the small number of people to relocate if they ever get displaced. 

Which historically is not unprecedented 

Edited by Duke KaBoom

Just now, Duke KaBoom said:

True scientists say this is very much the case 

Exactly, and the true/real scientists are being stifled. Fact. 

If 90% of the scientists are correct and we act upon their findings.

we spend money on cleaner energy. 

Renewable energy continues to become cheaper.  Our air and rivers become cleaner. 

If we don’t listen, there will be more pollution, we lose far more money to natural disasters and we hit a tipping point. 

3 hours ago, irv said:

Exactly, and the true/real scientists are being stifled. Fact. 

Very much a fact yes. They go on a lot about how it’s turned into a religion too. Look at boomboom for example. He knows nothing about climate change but if you tell him he’s not going to die from climate change he actually gets mad 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

If 90% of the scientists are correct and we act upon their findings.

we spend money on cleaner energy. 

Renewable energy continues to become cheaper.  Our air and rivers become cleaner. 

If we don’t listen, there will be more pollution, we lose far more money to natural disasters and we hit a tipping point. 

Green energy will pollute significantly more than C02 ever could 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

Green energy will pollute significantly more than C02 ever could 

You love stupid arguments. 

Bet you will be first in line at the government trough when your farm starts to suffer.