Check your account email address ×

2020 Poo 850 137 is a monster!

27 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Mapping isn’t spot on but they run. Polaris hasn’t been able to keep a 700+cc engine together since 04 ish 

Should have stuck with zuk.  The 800 and procross has been a failure imo.  Guys getting the new flash said it's worse than before.   

Just now, Kev144 said:

Should have stuck with zuk.  The 800 and procross has been a failure imo.  Guys getting the new flash said it's worse than before.   

Zuk was just the manufacturer. Cat designed those older engines, which were durable and powerful but ran WAY too dirty 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

At the end of the day does 5 HP matter as long as the fucker stays together?

TBH I really dont give a shit about the 100+ ability. I am more concerned with the grunt from 0-80mph and durability and running quality. But at the end of the day the fastest is what sells. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

That is according to dyno tech 

You know of a more reliable source?   

I'll take their word over some Y-pipe, pipe producer who will intentionally keep "stock" numbers down to show some gains.   

Just now, Highmark said:

You know of a more reliable source?   

I'll take their word over some Y-pipe, pipe producer who will intentionally keep "stock" numbers down to show some gains.   

I’m talking about dyno tech 

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Nothing wrong with the Cat 800 as far as durability. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

TBH I really dont give a shit about the 100+ ability. I am more concerned with the grunt from 0-80mph and durability and running quality. But at the end of the day the fastest is what sells. 

^^^This^^^

I don't clutch my sleds for the far end of the lake.   Mine are done from corner to corner and quickest up to 80.   People are always amazed when trail riding my sleds compared to stock or a lake set up sled.  I fucking hate riding lazy backshifting sleds.   I love using the throttle to front end lift over bumps.  Of course the type of trail makes a difference.   UP setup is different than most N Wi set ups.  

Edited by Highmark

I’m talking about dyno tech 

Yes me too.   Dynotech Research.   You know a more reliable source than them?   

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

^^^This^^^

I don't clutch my sleds for the far end of the lake.   Mine are done from corner to corner and quickest up to 80.   People are always amazed when trail riding my sleds compared to stock or a lake set up sled.  I fucking hate riding lazy backshifting sleds.   I love using the throttle to front end lift over bumps.  Of course the type of trail makes a difference.   UP setup is different than most N Wi set ups.  

Ditto

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes me too.   Dynotech Research.   You know a more reliable source than them?   

Yeah some kid with a home built dyno in his garage.  :lol:  

• Haha 1

Just now, Kev144 said:

If you don't mind high idles and the odd flame thrower, sure. 

Ski doo 800’s would squeak crank bearings every 2000 miles and Polaris 800 literally couldn’t make 500 miles 

cat has always had the most durable 800 by FAR. 

Ski doo 800’s would squeak crank bearings every 2000 miles and Polaris 800 literally couldn’t make 500 miles 

cat has always had the most durable 800 by FAR. 

I'm sorry you don't like to hear that cat has issues too.  Doesn't make it less true 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I'm sorry you don't like to hear that cat has issues too.  Doesn't make it less true 

I’m a ski doo guy but their 800’s were garbage :lol: 

It takes a lot of engineering to make a clean running and dependable 2 stroke. A friend of mine had 1984 indy 600 with 21,000 mile on it, another friend had a 2000 800 xcr with more than 20,000 when he sold it, both sleds had lots of Canada miles on them.

10 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

That’s what I’m talking about holy fuck

Plenty of tests they did on the 800 etec yielded 159-164 hp on stockers.   The shootout sleds were generally 155 but I don't believe their break in was complete.  

The Y pipe mod tests (phase  3) had a 2016 stock at 164.   There is also another article talking about the 2015 being 160+.  

From the articles

This broken in 2016 Etec 800 was more powerful than the broken in 2015 Etec 800 we used in Phase 2, but nearly identical to the broken in 2015 Etec 800, results posted in a DTR article on 2/17/2015. This 2016 made 164.5 hp with 108.4 lb/ft, and the broken in 2015 we tested last February made 164.2 hp with 108.2 lb/ft.

2012 Etec800 brought us just over 162HP in 20 degree refrigerated air (tests posted here 4/29/2012). We had always talked about putting a 2 degree offset key in the Etec 800 to see if we could get back to the 164+ HP that the preproduction model made, but never got around to it.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Highmark said:

Plenty of tests they did on the 800 etec yielded 159-164 hp on stockers.   The shootout sleds were generally 155 but I don't believe their break in was complete.  

The Y pipe mod tests (phase  3) had a 2016 stock at 164.   There is also another article talking about the 2015 being 160+.  

This broken in 2016 Etec 800 was more powerful than the broken in 2015 Etec 800 we used in Phase 2, but nearly identical to the broken in 2015 Etec 800, results posted in a DTR article on 2/17/2015. This 2016 made 164.5 hp with 108.4 lb/ft, and the broken in 2015 we tested last February made 164.2 hp with 108.2 lb/ft.

2012 Etec800 brought us just over 162HP in 20 degree refrigerated air (tests posted here 4/29/2012). We had always talked about putting a 2 degree offset key in the Etec 800 to see if we could get back to the 164+ HP that the preproduction model made, but never got around to it.

Exactly retard. The pre production 800 etec was 163 hp and they couldn’t back it up after that 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Exactly retard. The pre production 800 etec was 163 hp and they couldn’t back it up after that 

You fucking moron I just posted 3 tests after the pre production that were way above the 155 claim you made.   Can you fucking comprehend anything?   Go back and read more slowly.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

You fucking moron I just posted 3 tests after the pre production that were way above the 155 claim you made.   Can you fucking comprehend anything?   Go back and read more slowly.  

The highest hp 800 etec was 2010.5. After that much less. The only ones over 155 is when dynotech uses the older STD rating to make it look better 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

The highest hp 800 etec was 2010.5. After that much less. The only ones over 155 is when dynotech uses the older STD rating to make it look better 

:lol:  Funny I don't recall seeing that claim in any of the articles.  :lol:  Where did you get that information?  

jo63iNq.gif

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  Funny I don't recall seeing that claim in any of the articles.  :lol:  Where did you get that information?  

jo63iNq.gif

I’m still right oops. 800 etec was kind of a turd