Check your account email address ×

850 Doo is seriously legit

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If you're a chick....I think 950 might be right

I see you skimmed over the massive ownage you got handed by highmarks kebasa!!!!

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
46 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I see you skimmed over the massive ownage you got handed by highmarks kebasa!!!!

His asshole is most definitely prolapsed! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Last few were 300-500 miles however one of them was after a fairly significant change in alignment on a belt that already had 400 miles on it.   I was surprised it didn't pop quicker.   I still feel its shift timing between the primary and secondary as they are snapping not shredding and my clutch temps are reasonable.   I've broke 4 in the first 1250 miles.   The first two were coming out of a backshift and back into the throttle.   I think this got to much slack on the tension side (slow backshift by the secondary) then when back into it....bang.   Pretty much got that resolved but now have broken a few on longer acceleration runs. 

I have yet to try the harder 8DN belt which guys are having pretty good luck with.   Most boosted setups are with significantly steeper helix angle but I hate how they backshift, especially for the trails I ride the most on.   I'll give up plenty of top speed to get a much more responsive backshift.   That just might not be the best setup for a sled of this nature but a damn a snappy 290 hp sled if fun on the trails.  

Jeez, that's not good. Did you get the hurricane bar to check your backspacing? Mine was only off about 1mm but I've seen guys have to machine a couple mms off their secondary to get it correct. Theses sleds seem to like a lot of back pressure in the secondary. Seems like most of the guys that like to play with clutching are back to the stock 35 helix. I'm running ulmer's setup on my hurricane 290r tune the last two seasons and haven't popped a belt yet.  I do change at the end of the season. I've only run the stock belts for break-in ~500(stock) miles and switched to the 8dn once modded since my turbo vipers. I find the 8jp too soft and dirty. :bc:

There's a couple of really informative clutching threads over on TY you should check out.  I'll finish the season with around 8k on my xtx and have to credit the guys over there with posting all the issues and fixes for making/keeping my sled trouble free. Time for new next season and I'm really not happy with the color choices from Yamaha this year. Going to stick with the xtx le as that Riot rear suspension looks good. I just hope it gets in early enough for a wrap and some powder coating before the season starts. That powder blue is a little much for me:lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

Jeez, that's not good. Did you get the hurricane bar to check your backspacing? Mine was only off about 1mm but I've seen guys have to machine a couple mms off their secondary to get it correct. Theses sleds seem to like a lot of back pressure in the secondary. Seems like most of the guys that like to play with clutching are back to the stock 35 helix. I'm running ulmer's setup on my hurricane 290r tune the last two seasons and haven't popped a belt yet.  I do change at the end of the season. I've only run the stock belts for break-in ~500(stock) miles and switched to the 8dn once modded since my turbo vipers. I find the 8jp too soft and dirty. :bc:

There's a couple of really informative clutching threads over on TY you should check out.  I'll finish the season with around 8k on my xtx and have to credit the guys over there with posting all the issues and fixes for making/keeping my sled trouble free. Time for new next season and I'm really not happy with the color choices from Yamaha this year. Going to stick with the xtx le as that Riot rear suspension looks good. I just hope it gets in early enough for a wrap and some powder coating before the season starts. That powder blue is a little much for me:lol: 

Yes did the Backspacing check.   Mine was off by about .100 but I'm going to check it again.

8JP is a soft belt but also grips better.   I will give the 8DN a try as I had ordered a few.   May not have broken one if I was using them the whole time.

I was running a 33/35 with the Dalton black/orange spring in 6 and 1.   Love that setup on the trails but stops pulling after about 100-105 but man gets there quick.

I then went back to the stock 35 and stock spring in 3/3 on the lake for some testing.   Definitely pulls hard up top and borderline on backshift for the tighter trails.   Was about 6 mph faster in 1000' runs.   Very poor conditions.  

Last weekend I went to a 33/37 same spring and twist and it was pretty close to what I think I want.   Top speed conditions were shit but my butt dyno tells me it was pulling harder up top.

I think I'm gonna try the DN before making any other adjustments.   Without the harder belt making significant differences my guess is I can go to 3/3 or even 3/1 on the Dalton spring or back to the stock spring at 3/3. 

I got a 35/39 which a lot of guys are running but I'm fearful that I'll hate it on the tighter trails but truth is even with this much power you are going to have to sacrifice somewhere.  

I'm running the Hurricane 290r tune as well.   Got everything coming for the 300r tune.(CAI, 3bar)    Already running the TS BoV.    

I fucking hate the color 2020 choices.   Black SRX isn't bad but I'm not sold that I want one of those over my LT-X LE.   

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

giphy.gif

I bumped my thoughts on the 850 after having ridden it for the first time 2 years ago.......now take your faggot ass ownage and go lay down dick sucker !!!!!!!!!1111

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I bumped my thoughts on the 850 after having ridden it for the first time 2 years ago.......now take your faggot ass ownage and go lay down dick sucker !!!!!!!!!1111

Sorry slinger!!!!

8 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Sorry slinger!!!!

Haha.....gay kev owned again

You'd think if your brain worked at all you would just steer clear of me but nope. Constant ass beatings for you

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Haha.....gay kev owned again

You'd think if your brain worked at all you would just steer clear of me but nope. Constant ass beatings for you

What is that flip flop Magoo you got owned massively!  Must have suffered a concussion faggot! B

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

What is that flip flop Magoo you got owned massively!  Must have suffered a concussion faggot! B

Nope....youre a dick sucker and I always said the 850 etec was a sweet motor 1!!!!!11 dumbass faggot 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Nope....youre a dick sucker and I always said the 850 etec was a sweet motor 1!!!!!11 dumbass faggot 

Nope u r wrong numb nuts!!!11. Kill yourself!!!

19 hours ago, f7ben said:

Your sled is slower than mine from idle to its top speed....not just a little slower. Worlds slower. Its a fucking chick sled

This is an absolute fact.  There is no 600SX sled on the planet that will stay with a properly set up 850 Doo or Poo.  It's not even a close race.  

18 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

:lmao:

:lol:

:lmao:

Ben is absolutely correct.  A new 850 would gap you in the first 50' and continue to pull away.  Their tail light would be nothing but a blur within 5 seconds.  

It's safe to say I've bought and sold more 600SX sleds that you will ever own.  I've raced them successfully in every form from SnoX, to HillX to XC to Ice.  They are tough and they are fast for 600's but they are not even close to as fast as a modern 850.  The Nome to Golovin race is this coming weekend.  It's a 100 mile point to point race through the woods, across ice, up hills and tight twisties.  Every year a few guys show up on converted SX sleds trying to compete.  The 800's destroy them by minutes.  Only a complete amateur shows up with a converted SnoX sled these days.   

18 hours ago, f7ben said:

Zero chance you could keep up with me anywhere. I know youre full of shit because nobody is keeping up with me or anyone who knows how to ride on a fucking SX sled. They are slow....slow to a fault. Kill yourself girl

Zero chance.  This isn't even debatable unless one party knows nothing about snowmobiles.  

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

This is an absolute fact.  There is no 600SX sled on the planet that will stay with a properly set up 850 Doo or Poo.  It's not even a close race.  

Ben is absolutely correct.  A new 850 would gap you in the first 50' and continue to pull away.  Their tail light would be nothing but a blur within 5 seconds.  

It's safe to say I've bought and sold more 600SX sleds that you will ever own.  I've raced them successfully in every form from SnoX, to HillX to XC to Ice.  They are tough and they are fast for 600's but they are not even close to as fast as a modern 850.  The Nome to Golovin race is this coming weekend.  It's a 100 mile point to point race through the woods, across ice, up hills and tight twisties.  Every year a few guys show up on converted SX sleds trying to compete.  The 800's destroy them by minutes.  Only a complete amateur shows up with a converted SnoX sled these days.   

Zero chance.  This isn't even debatable unless one party knows nothing about snowmobiles.  

I remember when we all rode 600's as kids and my buddy bought a 2000 zr 440 sno pro race sled.....he though he was gonna kill us all with his RACE PREPPED 440 ......all he did was get embarrassed badly off the line , top out at 75mph and routinely blow that POS up because you had to hold it to the bar everywhere to not be miles and miles behind the group

Same shit here

22 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why the fuck would I line up with an 800?  That’s just dumb as fuck.  That’s not what I’m talking about.  For somebody who has “owned more SX and raced successfully st every level”, you must be kinda simple to think that’s what I am talking about.  

Or, are you and Ben talking about racing sleds by remote control?  Straight line racing is for god damn faggots.