Check your account email address ×

Wut up niggas

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sad to hear Irv.

6 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I’m sorry 

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

That's always tough. 

Thanks guys. :bc:  My wife, unable to really grieve today at work, let it all out tonight when she came home. She is doing better now but was quite a mess when she came home. She was always home before me and she said Buddy would greet her at the door every night. He even tried that when he was sick so it was especially hard tonight for her knowing he was gone and knowing he wouldn't be there to greet her at the door. :sad:

• Sad 1

“It’s inevitable when you buy the pet. You’re supposed to know it in the pet shop. It’s going to end badly. You are purchasing a small tragedy,” – George Carlin.

RIP Buddy! :saluting:

I've only had to bury a few over the years.  They each had their own personality, and it never gets easier. Man's best friend. I trust my mutts more than I trust my Glock or my girlfriend...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

“It’s inevitable when you buy the pet. You’re supposed to know it in the pet shop. It’s going to end badly. You are purchasing a small tragedy,” – George Carlin.

I've only had to bury a few over the years.  They each had their own personality, and it never gets easier. Man's best friend. I trust my mutts more than I trust my Glock or my girlfriend...

Thanks Whiskey! :bc:  I've had pets, mostly cats but a few dogs as well, and it never gets easier. With Buddy and knowing he was suffering the decision I made yesterday was an easy one to make, however. Others over the years, just due to age, made things a little tougher. With Buddy, I didn't want him suffering anymore. 

7 hours ago, irv said:

Unfortunately today was the day. :sad: Over the last 3 days, Buddy went downhill fast. His left rear leg started to go bad on him and the next day it was his right. He could hardly get around anymore no matter how hard he tried so we knew his quality of life just wasn't there anymore. Like I said, he was a trooper! It was almost exactly a year to the day he was diagnosed with diabetes so we were lucky we got the extra time we did with him. It was very painful doing what I had to do today because, despite his rear legs, he still seemed ok mentally. He would still purr and still loved getting his ears rubbed and being petted but he would basically just eat, use the litter box then lay down and rest. RIP my furry friend, We are going to miss you!! 

IMG_0213 (Large).JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

Sorry to hear man...but, you know you did the right thing.  Cats are just cool as shit to me.  We put two down over Nov, Dec.  Same thing...mentally they were there but, their bodies just couldn't do it anymore and you knew they were uncomfortable, if not in pain.  Tough decisions.  

RIP Buddy.

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

It’s inevitable when you buy the pet. You’re supposed to know it in the pet shop. It’s going to end badly. You are purchasing a small tragedy,” – George Carlin.

The damn truth too.  I've had too many of those "small tragedies".  Fuck me.

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Sorry to hear man...but, you know you did the right thing.  Cats are just cool as shit to me.  We put two down over Nov, Dec.  Same thing...mentally they were there but, their bodies just couldn't do it anymore and you knew they were uncomfortable, if not in pain.  Tough decisions.  

RIP Buddy.

The damn truth too.  I've had too many of those "small tragedies".  Fuck me.

Thanks Zambroski. :bc:

8 hours ago, irv said:

Unfortunately today was the day. :sad: Over the last 3 days, Buddy went downhill fast. His left rear leg started to go bad on him and the next day it was his right. He could hardly get around anymore no matter how hard he tried so we knew his quality of life just wasn't there anymore. Like I said, he was a trooper! It was almost exactly a year to the day he was diagnosed with diabetes so we were lucky we got the extra time we did with him. It was very painful doing what I had to do today because, despite his rear legs, he still seemed ok mentally. He would still purr and still loved getting his ears rubbed and being petted but he would basically just eat, use the litter box then lay down and rest. RIP my furry friend, We are going to miss you!! 

IMG_0213 (Large).JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

Sorry to hear my friend.  It's not easy 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, irv said:

Thanks guys. :bc:  My wife, unable to really grieve today at work, let it all out tonight when she came home. She is doing better now but was quite a mess when she came home. She was always home before me and she said Buddy would greet her at the door every night. He even tried that when he was sick so it was especially hard tonight for her knowing he was gone and knowing he wouldn't be there to greet her at the door. :sad:

We have a rescued cat (Jackie) that sounds much like Buddy and it will be hard on us when that time comes.

You gave him a great life.

• Like 1

I'm not backreading in my own thread, but we kept the little bastard stray lol. Already had her shots done ,getting spayed this Wednesday.  Our resident fatso cat and the new youngster are getting along awesome.  The play and chase each other all over the place . The wife says our dog Brie ,who passed in August, sent her to us. Its eerie how many similar traits this cat has compared to Brie. Fucking hilarious...new cat will run from the porch  maybe touch the ground twice, and land on unsuspecting cat ,then bounce off him and he chases her or tries his damndest to trip her up:lol:

20181218_181555.jpg

20181218_181449.jpg

Edited by xcr700
  • Like 2