Check your account email address ×

850 Polaris Crank Bearing issue

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

What about the dealer not setting the gyroscopic effect up properly !!!!!!!!!11

bahahahahahaha!!!!!!11111.... fuck that kid took a beating on that!!

34 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

Actually, we've pondered the same question.  I think it depends on the racing track.  Kinda like the 121 vs. 129 vs. 137 track debate.  

XC has some open class CC racing and the pros still run their 600's when they partake.

I don't.   Power rules.  They went to the prolite rules cause the teams with more money had more powerful sleds.  Every tenth of a second counts and in a 18 lap final or whatever they are that can be a couple second difference.   That's big.  

Edited by Highmark

18 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

The last two sleds I bought new..or close to it BOTH had shocks on backwards.  I do my own PDI's so I caught it before any damage on the one and the other (almost new) was ridden by a grandma so the piggy's just scratched the A-arms up a bit.

Imagine....buying a sled from a dealer, picking it up and riding it just like they set it up for you season after season.  :lol: It's no wonder people get out of sledding.

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fucking skis routinely toed in 1/2" and track misaligned .........fucking idiots everywhere

And charging 100 bucks an hour for service....what a racket.

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What about the dealer not setting the gyroscopic effect up properly !!!!!!!!!11

That's only on the 800's tho....ryte? 

15 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

bahahahahahaha!!!!!!11111.... fuck that kid took a beating on that!!

Epic beating.  Funny as fuck!  :lmao:

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I don't.   Power rules.  They went to the prolite rules cause the teams with more money had more powerful sleds.  Every tenth of a second counts and in a 18 lap final or whatever they are that can be a couple second difference.   That's big.  

I thought you were asking me a hypothetical question? 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

And charging 100 bucks an hour for service....what a racket.

$100??????  Yur gettin' bent!  My Doo dealer only charges $90.  :lol: No idea what Cat charges.  Don't care.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I wouldnt trust your average dealer mechanic to change the oil on my lawnmower

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

This is a very true statement........Some of these guys...fuck me..

1 hour ago, Zamjabronie said:

The last two sleds I bought new..or close to it BOTH had shocks on backwards.  I do my own PDI's so I caught it before any damage on the one and the other (almost new) was ridden by a grandma so the piggy's just scratched the A-arms up a bit.

Imagine....buying a sled from a dealer, picking it up and riding it just like they set it up for you season after season.  :lol: It's no wonder people get out of sledding.

Pay a Monkey's wage..............................:news:

5 hours ago, Zamjabronie said:

That's only on the 800's tho....ryte? 

Epic beating.  Funny as fuck!  :lmao:

I thought you were asking me a hypothetical question? 

$100??????  Yur gettin' bent!  My Doo dealer only charges $90.  :lol: No idea what Cat charges.  Don't care.

I have a couple local guys I use for work on my sleds...reasonable and quick.

10 hours ago, Zamjabronie said:

@f7ben  ...who the fuck is this mutha fucka now?  :lol:

Honestly "Crowder", that debate has been around forever with vehicles I think.  It has good merit.  However, sometimes 1st year models are a good choice.  They can be overbuilt or, manued tolerances are actually spot on that get loosened up as production continues.

I think sleds probably have the worst rap with first year sleds.  And rightfully so.  I used to deny it but it sure seems pretty clear that manu's want the consumers testing (and finding) all the issues for them.  However, they are offering good deals and nice warranties with it.  SO.....   :dunno:

I’d agree with much of that in some cases, but we are talking Polaris history with 800+ cc motors. If I was a betting man my money would be on lots of them coming uncunted this season. I hope I am wrong since I’d like to see it as my 800 replacement when it’s proven reliable and depending on what else shows up in the marketplace.