Check your account email address ×

****Official 2019 NFL Thread**** A new Seaon Begins

ckf

Tony Romo set to follow dazzling AFC title with first Super Bowl

Tony Romo insists he doesn't feel any additional pressure to pull off an encore of his work in the AFC Championship Game during CBS' telecast of Super Bowl LIII (Sunday, Feb. 3). The analyst dazzled viewers Sunday by seemingly forecasting every play-call, especially at key moments down the stretch.

"I don't go into any game saying I have to do something," Romo said Wednesday during a conference call with reporters. "I didn't try to do it in the last game. I did a bit more (forecasting plays) because you felt like the moment demanded it. But you don't analyze it and come up with a plan (going into a telecast). You let your instincts take over.

"As for the Super Bowl, usually if you're good at your job, you figure out a way to make things work."

Rest of the article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001013044/article/tony-romo-set-to-follow-dazzling-afc-title-with-first-super-bowl

New England Patriots then and now: Whose legacies are better?

The New England Patriots are the greatest dynasty in North American professional sports history. Nobody disputes that -- or, at least, nobody should.

The amazing thing? Throughout the entire run, from 2001 to today, there have been just two constants: Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. But of course, these two have had plenty of help along the way.

So, with some time to kill before Super Bowl LIII, we've decided to take a closer look at some of the most prominent complementary pieces, to sort through whose legacies during this two-decade run have been greater: old guys vs. new guys. Let's begin this football study with an examination of two prized feet ...

Rest of the article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001013457/article/new-england-patriots-then-and-now-whose-legacies-are-better

52 minutes ago, ckf said:

New England Patriots then and now: Whose legacies are better?

The New England Patriots are the greatest dynasty in North American professional sports history. Nobody disputes that -- or, at least, nobody should.

The amazing thing? Throughout the entire run, from 2001 to today, there have been just two constants: Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. But of course, these two have had plenty of help along the way.

So, with some time to kill before Super Bowl LIII, we've decided to take a closer look at some of the most prominent complementary pieces, to sort through whose legacies during this two-decade run have been greater: old guys vs. new guys. Let's begin this football study with an examination of two prized feet ...

Rest of the article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001013457/article/new-england-patriots-then-and-now-whose-legacies-are-better

Pfffffftttttt!!!

Packers are #1..............Patriots are at #8 ............ckf :owned:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/are-the-new-england-patriots-the-greatest-franchise-in-nfl-history-nope-and-it’s-not-even-close/ar-BBItWDp#page=9

Edited by snoughnut

31 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Greatest franchise vs greatest dynasty are two different things IMO :news:

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Best return on investment

Paid $172 million

Current value $3.8 billion

Wasn't that the highest ever paid for a professional sports team at the time?

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

You wont get a response from slownut. 

Poor tundra dwarf :taunt:

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

LOL. At least I'm willing to give his Packers the credit they deserve :bc:

Just rattling your cage ckf, what the Patriots have done the last 18 years is truly incredible, highly doubt any other team will ever achieve that kind of run in the short period of time they did it in. :bc:

But I hope the Rams win the SB :bigfinger::lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Poor tundra dwarf :taunt:

Just rattling your cage ckf, what the Patriots have done the last 18 years is truly incredible, highly doubt any other team will ever achieve that kind of run in the short period of time they did it in. :bc:

But I hope the Rams win the SB :bigfinger::lol:

I don't blame ya one bit :bc:

Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes named 2018 NFL MVP

After a season during which Patrick Mahomes expanded the possibilities of the quarterback position, the Associated Press recognized the obvious: He's already the league's best player.

The 23-year-old was announced as the NFL's 2018 MVP Saturday night at NFL Honors, making Mahomes the youngest recipient of the award since Dan Marino in 1984. It's difficult to find a historical precedent for Mahomes because of his combination of athletic gifts, smarts and creativity, although Marino's early dominance is a fine place to start. They each instantly announced their arrival on the NFL stage as forces of nature that opposing defenses would have to reckon with for more than a decade

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001015458/article/chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-named-2018-nfl-mvp

• Like 1