Check your account email address ×

Trump Reaches the Magic Number to Clinch Nomination

Donald Trump on Thursday secured the number of GOP delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination for president, NBC News has confirmed.  

Trump passed the 1,237 mark after unbound delegates from North Dakota pledged their support for him. NBC News declared Trump to be the presumptive Republican nominee after his GOP rivals dropped out of the race in early May.

There are still 303 delegates at stake in five state primaries on June 7. Trump will not officially become the nominee until he accepts the nomination at the Republican convention in Cleveland in July.

http://www.necn.com/news/national-international/Donald-Trump-Delegates-Republican-Nomination-President-380966811.html

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

So not the Brokered convention a good portion on the left were sayig would happen? And yet Bernie is still in it. Strange!  :lol:

Is anybody listening to that guy anymore?  I'd take more stock in advice from the old lady down the street with 100 cats...and a canary.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Is anybody listening to that guy anymore?  I'd take more stock in advice from the old lady down the street with 100 cats...and a canary.

I think Maincat is but he's sort of that old lady down the street you speak of.