Republican Tax Bill

Republican Tax Bill  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the current tax bill

• YES
    • NO

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I want a sales tax with  no personal tax  no exemptions you buy you pay

that is a very regressive tax and would seriously impinge growth ....it would also disproportionately effect luxury goods manufacturers etc etc.

in short.....its very dumb

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that is a very regressive tax and would seriously impinge growth ....it would also disproportionately effect luxury goods manufacturers etc etc.

in short.....its very dumb

you buy you pay . no one said it had to be 8% it could be .5% I don't know . but you want to collect from every one it is how to do it. you say the rich don't pay there fair share well they would with every jet and Bentley . as would your corner dope dealer with baggies and Jordan's   

Edited by Ez ryder

15 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

you buy you pay . no one said it had to be 8% it could be .5% I don't know . but you want to collect from every one it is how to do it. you say the rich don't pay there fair share well they would with every jet and Bentley . as would your corner dope dealer with baggies and Jordan's   

Taxation and an equitable approach to it are very complicated. I would have to sit down in a room for many days with a lot of smart people before I could come up with a system I felt good subscribing to. My issue with the current bill is the elimination of the estate tax. I wouldnt even be bothered at all if they raised the threshold for tax free inheritance to 20 million or more. Its the people with 100's of millions passing along their wealth and all the power it encompasses to their children that bothers me. Great influence comes with that money and many times those that inherit it dont deserve that influence.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Taxation and an equitable approach to it are very complicated. I would have to sit down in a room for many days with a lot of smart people before I could come up with a system I felt good subscribing to. My issue with the current bill is the elimination of the estate tax. I wouldnt even be bothered at all if they raised the threshold for tax free inheritance to 20 million or more. Its the people with 100's of millions passing along their wealth and all the power it encompasses to their children that bothers me. Great influence comes with that money and many times those that inherit it dont deserve that influence.

So using that logic the inheritance tax should start as dollar one, 

I'm not even going to read it, because unless it totally simplifies the tax code so every person can do their own tax return in 5 minutes online then it is a piece of shit bill and they are NOT conservatives. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No it's not complicated, it's complicated because they make it complicated which means somebody paid to make it that way for a reason. Eliminate all personal deductions and have a standard rate. Make it tiered for different income levels if that makes you feel better but that's the reality. It doesn't need to be complicated. 

3 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

So using that logic the inheritance tax should start as dollar one, 

No...as I outlined my concern isnt the mildly rich passing 10 million on to their kids. Its the uber rich passing along an amount of money that can literally buy influence in Washington. I dont think that is right. I dont like the government getting the money either but I cant think of any other way aside from forced philanthropy 

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

No it's not complicated, it's complicated because they make it complicated which means somebody paid to make it that way for a reason. Eliminate all personal deductions and have a standard rate. Make it tiered for different income levels if that makes you feel better but that's the reality. It doesn't need to be complicated. 

Agreed.....although there are 1000 loopholes you could punch in that system when it comes to corporations and the wealthy 

Just now, f7ben said:

No...as I outlined my concern isnt the mildly rich passing 10 million on to their kids. Its the uber rich passing along an amount of money that can literally buy influence in Washington. I dont think that is right. I dont like the government getting the money either but I cant think of any other way aside from forced philanthropy 

Nope , anything that a person dies with should go to the state since the inheritance was not earnerd ,,  

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Agreed.....although there are 1000 loopholes you could punch in that system when it comes to corporations and the wealthy 

There is no way anyone could even read the entire tax code. That is ridiculous. 

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It does become more complicated for corporations. That would take some work to steamline.