Check your account email address ×

Flat Earth Convention!!!!!!!!!111

SSFB

Just now, jtssrx said:

How so?

Because if gravity didn't exist then there would be no reason for the balloon to go up. The air inside the balloon is lighter than the air around it. Those forces are dictated by gravity. 

Just now, SSFB said:

Because if gravity didn't exist then there would be no reason for the balloon to go up. The air inside the balloon is lighter than the air around it. Those forces are dictated by gravity. 

Wrong Density no gravity is what causes the balloon to rise. Just a a ball filled with air being held under water being forced to the surface as the air is lighter then the water you are holding it under. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Let me get this strait gravity causes Density? 

Nope but it sure influences it. If Earth's atmosphere was entirely helium, would the bottom layer be more dense then the top most no layer?

Just now, Kivalo said:

Nope but it sure influences it. If Earth's atmosphere was entirely helium, would the bottom layer be more dense then the top most no layer?

one would have to believe in gravity and that gravity affects density to answer your question. 

10 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Think about this. Gravity is so magical and so strong holds everything to the surface of the earth including the oceans yet so weak it that a NAT can fly. 

An ocean is made up of a quadrillion water particles which bond together. Comparing that to a gnat is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
44 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Wrong Density no gravity is what causes the balloon to rise. Just a a ball filled with air being held under water being forced to the surface as the air is lighter then the water you are holding it under. 

Explain why we can simulate zero gravity in flight.  Damn have you ever ridden on a roller coaster?  Do you feel the same at the top of an arc as the bottom?  If gravity didn't exist the feeling would be the same.  Changing directions up to down cancels out the "pull" while down to up adds to it.  

As the plane goes over the top of the arc, the centrifugal force exerted on the plane and everything in it cancels out the gravitational force pulling downwards. At this point, passengers experience microgravity -- it feels as if you are weightless because only negligible gravitational forces are present. The sense of weightlessness lasts for about 30 seconds. Because the plane shields the passengers from the rush of air, they can experience a free fall without the interference of air resistance.

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

An object's density and its gravitational field are deeply intertwined and you're trying to separate them. 

56 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Think about this. Gravity is so magical and so strong holds everything to the surface of the earth including the oceans yet so weak it that a NAT can fly. 

Gravity is actually considered a very weak force.  It's just that it increases based on mass.  It takes very little for a gnat to fly as it has very little mass.  The very fact you can't even spell gnat says a lot about your silly notions.  I'm not trying to be mean or insulting, but a little education does help.

• Haha 1

Most of the flat earth stuff I looked into was really kooky but I did fund some of actual scientific theories that are compelling enough everybody with an open mind should at least think about it. First thing is they don’t think the earth is “flat”. Basically the part of “earth” we live on is just the dome of what is a round or oval planet that we can’t access past Antarctica. 

The map they use is pretty cool too. Basically the North Pole is our center and Antarctica wraps around the bottom of our “world”. 

I’m not saying it’s real or not real, but some of you that ridicule it should ask yourself why you’re so certain our earth is “round”. Make up your own minds after pontificating everything you mentally can. :bc:  

Edited by bussman

12 minutes ago, bussman said:

Most of the flat earth stuff I looked into was really kooky but I did fund some of actual scientific theories that are compelling enough everybody with an open mind should at least think about it. First thing is they don’t think the earth is “flat”. Basically the part of “earth” we live on is just the dome of what is a round or oval planet that we can’t access past Antarctica. 

The map they use is pretty cool too. Basically the North Pole is our center and Antarctica wraps around the bottom of our “world”. 

I’m not saying it’s real or not real, but some of you that ridicule it should ask yourself why you’re so certain our earth is “round”. Make up your own minds after pontificating everything you mentally can. :bc:  

There's not a single scientific theory which supports flat earth, what have you been reading?

Every other celestial body that we know about is round. There's zero evidence to suggest that there is any celestial body which is not round, so it stands to reason that this one would be round. Really zero reason to think this one wouldn't be round. 

5 hours ago, jtssrx said:

You can place a pot on a stove, fill it with water, Turn on the stove and once the water reaches 212 degrees it will boil. This is a repeatable experiment that you can demonstrate that over and over again.

The Reason Neal Degrass Tyson Explains gravity the way he does is gravity can't be demonstrated. They are guessing the gravity exists based on a theory. A Theory Nicola Tesla stated was complete BULLSHIT, and Eisenstein Himself agreed Tesla may very well be correct. 

Eisenstein? Is that a bagel shop. 

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

There's not a single scientific theory which supports flat earth, what have you been reading?

It's obviously round, because every other celestial body that we know about is also round. There's zero evidence to suggest that there is any celestial body which is not round. Really zero reason to think this one wouldn't be round. 

It is round, just the part we live on is the dome of it. Something called the firmament I think it’s called keeps us from accessing it further. Basically our satellites orbit that edge. Think of the orbit like a halo around the top of a person’s head. 

1 minute ago, bussman said:

It is round, just the part we live on is the dome of it. Something called the firmament I think it’s called keeps us from accessing it further. Basically our satellites orbit that edge. Think of the orbit like a halo around the top of a person’s head. 

None of what you're talking about is new to me. :bc:

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, bussman said:

Thats only because your head is so big you probably have satellites orbiting your bald spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

The United Nations seal supposedly is the map. lol

I find this stuff cool, knowledge and understanding didn’t somehow peak in 2017. Imagine how much we don’t know yet. Maybe a part of this is true in that it enhances a round earth in a greater way? :bc: