Check your account email address ×

Flat Earth Convention!!!!!!!!!111

SSFB

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sure, but you can admit that we do know how old the Earth isnt, 6,000 years, 2,000,000 years, 10 years, and that we can bracket the age of the Earth in terms of tens or even hundreds of millions of years, with respect to a 4.6 billion year age, right?

Neal

I can't say 1 way or another, I don't believe it's 6,000 years old, just saying we don't know how old it is, man isn't quite as smart as he's like to think he is and constantly proves himself mistaken on many fronts. Do I believe in God? Absolutely.

27 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I can't say 1 way or another, I don't believe it's 6,000 years old, just saying we don't know how old it is, man isn't quite as smart as he's like to think he is and constantly proves himself mistaken on many fronts. Do I believe in God? Absolutely.

I think it's safe to say the Earth is very old. Science isn't a bunch of guys trying to prove how smart they are, it's using the best tools and methods we have available to make an educated assessment of things. Science is also self-correcting.

Just now, SSFB said:

I think it's safe to say the Earth is very old. Science isn't a bunch of guys trying to prove how smart they are, it's using the best tools and methods we have available to make an educated assessment of things. Science is also self-correcting.

its very old it seems.....billions

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Remaining ignorant is absurd.

We do know how old it is, with a fairly high degree of accuracy even.

Neal

10 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Remaining ignorant is absurd.

We do know how old it is, with a fairly high degree of accuracy even.

Neal

You do realize they have changed the supposed age many, many times, so no they don't know for sure, no one does. They will change it again many more times. You look this up. These are known suggested ages by scientists who claimed:

In 1770 it was 70,000 years old

1905 2 billion

1969 3.5 billion

today they claim  4.6 billion

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

You do realize they have changed the supposed age many, many times, so no they don't know for sure, no one does. They will change it again many more times. You look this up. These are known suggested ages by scientists who claimed:

1905 2 billion

1969 3.5 billion

Right, but at no point has the scientific community come to a consensus which has made the age of the Earth younger, only older as we come to a better understanding. Science is self correcting in that when new evidence presents itself, the old information which is found to be incorrect, is thrown aside. That's hardly a fault in the system, that's how it should work.  Science isn't perfect, nothing involving humans is but it's the best method we have. The Earth could be 10 Billion years old, but I sort of doubt it. Our mechanisms now for calculating the age of the Earth are much, much more technologically advanced than they were in 1969, let alone 100 or 250 years ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Right, but at no point has the scientific community come to a consensus which has made the age of the Earth younger, only older as we come to a better understanding. Science is self correcting in that when new evidence presents itself, the old information which is found to be incorrect, is thrown aside. That's hardly a fault in the system, that's how it should work.  Science isn't perfect, nothing involving humans is but it's the best method we have. The Earth could be 10 Billion years old, but I sort of doubt it. Our mechanisms now for calculating the age of the Earth are much, much more technologically advanced than they were in 1969, let alone 100 or 250 years ago. 

I agree.

Just now, SSFB said:

Science is also finding out human beings transformed into the 2nd level of consciousness almost instantly...........about 6000 years ago. 

:news: 

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

1905 2 billion

1969 3.5 billion

Sure, because we learned.  We have become more knowledgeable about our planet.  This isn't an indication we "don't know" or have any idea of the age of the planet.

Neal