Check your account email address ×

Taxes explained

Just now, jtssrx said:

Why not? You don't think a flat tax is fair? 

No i dont think a flat tax is fair. I used to until I really started thinking about it. It comes down to what % of a persons disposable income are you going to cut into. 

Poor people with little means already pay all the same taxes we do. Sales tax, registrations , property taxes etc etc etc. I am fine with someone paying no income tax until a certain threshold. Conversely I think rich people should pay far more than say middle class people. I have no issue with the top rate being 35% or something and often times those rich fucks find so many creative way to shelter their money they end up paying less than someone like myself anyways.

I honestly think there could be two brackets and eliminate all exemptions and credits etc etc ....but that would destroy the whole CPA industry which aint going to happen 

No income tax until 30k  ...... 13% until 250k and 25% on everything after that

that is how I would set it up roughly 

Just now, f7ben said:

No i dont think a flat tax is fair. I used to until I really started thinking about it. It comes down to what % of a persons disposable income are you going to cut into. 

Poor people with little means already pay all the same taxes we do. Sales tax, registrations , property taxes etc etc etc. I am fine with someone paying no income tax until a certain threshold. Conversely I think rich people should pay far more than say middle class people. I have no issue with the top rate being 35% or something and often times those rich fucks find so many creative way to shelter their money they end up paying less than someone like myself anyways.

I honestly think there could be two brackets and eliminate all exemptions and credits etc etc ....but that would destroy the whole CPA industry which aint going to happen 

No income tax until 30k  ...... 13% until 250k and 25% on everything after that

that is how I would set it up roughly 

What about this a Cap say at 50K if you make less you pay nothing. everyone else pays say 20%. If you make 52K you pay 12K in taxes, if you make a million you pay 200K in taxes. Seems like a fair compromise? 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Why not? You don't think a flat tax is fair? 

I think a flat tax on personal income is fair.  Maybe have a lower threshold where if you make less than 30k/year you pay little or no tax but after that everyone pays the same percentage.  All income, earned and unearned, should be taxed at the same rate.  Eliminate loopholes that move personal income into lower or untaxable vehicles. Eliminate most if not all deductions.  Allow  tax deductions for retirement savings up to a limited yearly amount.  Abolish 90% of the tax code and the IRS.  .  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I think a flat tax on personal income is fair.  Maybe have a lower threshold where if you make less than 30k/year you pay little or no tax but after that everyone pays the same percentage.  All income, earned and unearned, should be taxed at the same rate.  Eliminate loopholes that move personal income into lower or untaxable vehicles. Eliminate most if not all deductions.  Allow  tax deductions for retirement savings up to a limited yearly amount.  Abolish 90% of the tax code and the IRS.  .  

Bingo, even the wealthy most likely wouldn't mind a two or three tiered flat tax system either.

Neal

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Bingo, even the wealthy most likely wouldn't mind a two or three tiered flat tax system either.

Neal

Depends who you throw into the wealthy bracket. Just make sure you pay YOUR fair share or the gubment will come and take all of your shit. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-stands-to-lose-billions-from-corporate-tax-inversions-1405373537

I think we all basically just posted the same thing

It seems we are all fine with the poor paying nothing up until a certain level of income which would be fairly low ...30k 40k or whatever

After that have two tiers of flat tax. Middle class and Rich as fuck 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I think we all basically just posted the same thing

It seems we are all fine with the poor paying nothing up until a certain level of income which would be fairly low ...30k 40k or whatever

After that have two tiers of flat tax. Middle class and Rich as fuck 

Right no the rich as fuck use the code to skirt paying taxes. I think that why a flat taxes has never happened. a flat 20% would bring in more then they pay today. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wont see much of a change and what its spent on aside I think my rate is fair.

The thing with taxes its what the total is when you roll them all into the calculation.   Mine hover around 50% and it's much, much higher when calculating off actual take home. That's why the old argument of what the rates use to be is foolish as there wasn't all these other taxes then.    

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Right no the rich as fuck use the code to skirt paying taxes. I think that why a flat taxes has never happened. a flat 20% would bring in more then they pay today. 

Dont tell @Highmark that. :lol: 

Edited by Arctic Cat Destroyer

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Dont tell @Highmark that. :lol: 

:lol:  All the govt figures are lies I tell you.....LIES!  :lol:  

Even the dems use those figures when trying to get the wealthy to pay even more.   

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The thing with taxes its what the total is when you roll them all into the calculation.   Mine hover around 50% and it's much, much higher when calculating off actual take home. That's why the old argument of what the rates use to be is foolish as there wasn't all these other taxes then.    

My actual income tax is always somewhere between 18-20% for state local and fed. If you roll in sales taxes , property taxes , registration fees etc etc etc I would imagine it starts to creep up towards 40% of my income. It is fucking insane when you start to add it all up but I guess that is the price of having a trillion dollar military committing atrocities in my name all over the world !!!!11   Hoooray

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  All the govt figures are lies I tell you.....LIES!  :lol:  

Even the dems use those figures when trying to get the wealthy to pay even more.   

Those are for suckers. Ballers dont pay taxes. :bc: 

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Those are for suckers. Ballers dont pay taxes. :bc: 

Just because the wealthy can at times avoid some taxes doesn't mean they still don't pay what the govt lists that they do.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, oleroule said:

flat tax, somewhere around 7% with no deduction and no exceptions.

also limit spending to around 7% of gdp.

7% will never do.  We should be around the rate we are now, federally, but with much sharper focus of spending, less welfare and miltary, more on healthcare and education.

Neal

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

7% will never do.  We should be around the rate we are now, federally, but with much sharper focus of spending, less welfare and miltary, more on healthcare and education.

Neal

the key is spending.

much of the federal spending isn't constitutional.

healthcare, education, etc should be at the state level.