Check your account email address ×

Clinton campaign, DNC paid for research that led to Russia dossier

Snake

The Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee helped fund research that resulted in a now-famous dossier containing allegations about President Trump’s connections to Russia and possible coordination between his campaign and the Kremlin, people familiar with the matter said.

Marc E. Elias, a lawyer representing the Clinton campaign and the DNC, retained Fusion GPS, a Washington firm, to conduct the research.

After that, Fusion GPS hired dossier author Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer with ties to the FBI and the U.S. intelligence community, according to those people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Elias and his law firm, Perkins Coie, retained the firm in April 2016 on behalf of the Clinton campaign and the DNC. Before that agreement, Fusion GPS’s research into Trump was funded by a still unknown Republican client during the GOP primary.

The Clinton campaign and the DNC, through the law firm, continued to fund Fusion GPS’s research through the end of October 2016, days before Election Day.

Fusion GPS gave Steele’s reports and other research documents to Elias, the people familiar with the matter said. It is unclear how or how much of that information was shared with the campaign and DNC, and who in those organizations was aware of the roles of Fusion GPS and Steele. One person close to the matter said the campaign and the DNC were not informed of Fusion GPS’s role by the law firm.

The dossier has become a lightning rod amid the intensifying investigations into the Trump campaign’s possible connections to Russia. Some congressional Republican leaders have spent months trying to discredit Fusion GPS and Steele, and tried to determine the identity of the Democrat or organization that paid for it.

Trump tweeted as recently as Saturday that the Justice Department and FBI should “immediately release who paid for it.”

Elias and Fusion GPS declined to comment on the arrangement. Spokespersons for the Clinton campaign and the DNC had no immediate comment.

Some of the details are included in an Oct. 24 letter sent by Perkins Coie to a lawyer representing Fusion GPS, telling the research firm that it was released from a client-confidentiality obligation. The letter was prompted by a legal fight over a subpoena for Fusion GPS’s bank records.

People involved in the matter said that they would not disclose the dollar amounts paid to Fusion GPS, but said that the campaign and the DNC shared the cost.

Steele previously worked in Russia for British intelligence. The dossier is a compilation of reports he prepared for Fusion. The dossier alleged that the Russian government collected compromising information about Trump and the Kremlin was engaged in an active effort to assist his campaign for president.

More... https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-campaign-dnc-paid-for-research-that-led-to-russia-dossier/2017/10/24/226fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.73de88010b7e

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

yeah. and?

what were you clowns saying about "opponent research" awhile back? :lol: it's like you have no memories or something.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

what deflection is this by now? 59?

r4mStb0.gif

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

yeah. and?

what were you clowns saying about "opponent research" awhile back? :lol: it's like you have no memories or something.

Wait you’re okay with the clintons working with the fusion gps who is tied to russia. ? 

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Wait you’re okay with the clintons working with the fusion gps who is tied to russia. ? 

do you think the clintons were the only ones doing these things? i'm sure you could find all kinds of ties to fit your narrative in that place

i knew the minute i saw this tonight one of you bozos would post it, thinking you had something hot. i thought it'd be you though, rather than sneakey. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

some even suspected the repukes started the ball rolling to obtain trump dirt :news:

Don’t you find it strange that both democrats and republicans are anti trump? That Bush didn’t say a word obama over his eight years but 8 months in to trumps presidency hes bashing him? 

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Don’t you find it strange that both democrats and republicans are anti trump? That Bush didn’t say a word obama over his eight years but 8 months in to trumps presidency hes bashing him? 

strange?

no.

true colors?

yes.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

working with an enemy to get someone elected, to help you, and the enemy = good

paying a research firm to research an opponent = OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

getting huge paychecks from the enemy so they can acquire uranium =good OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111  

42 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: ok, you go with that. maybe this will be the one that gets this whole investigation shut down. 

the investigation will not shut down before the midterms by design . it is really all you have  

25 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

not at all, he's that fucking bad. you're just too blind to see that. these people, saying all this shit, should be an eye opener to you, but it's not. 

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

:lol: the political hacks on here (both sides) don't know which way to try and spin this!!! :lmao:

what exactly am i spinning? this is all legal, and is done all the time with politicians, bankers, ceos, you name it. :dunno:

• Gold Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

what exactly am i spinning? this is all legal, and is done all the time with politicians, bankers, ceos, you name it. :dunno:

I said hacks on both sides, you immediately assumed I was taking about you. Thats good, Timeshare, admitting it is the first step to recovery.  :bc:

14 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I said hacks on both sides, you immediately assumed I was taking about you. Thats good, Timeshare, admitting it is the first step to recovery.  :bc:

i'm the only lefty in here. who else in here were you referring to? duh.

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i'm the only lefty in here. who else in here were you referring to? duh.

There are hacks on BOTH sides of the aisle. Thats who I'm referring too.

7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Should be considered a waste of money as there is no connection between Dump/Dump campaign and Russia......because he told us so...:snack:

:lmao: 

And the fact they haven't found anything.... :snack: