Check your account email address ×

Rig for racin!

This yours?

I saw one of these deals at Haydays a couple of years ago.  It was pretty brilliant and economical to boot.  Front half was as nice as any big time Rv with granite and marble...just smaller.  Back half was a full on set up racing garage.  Owner was a GC and did it up really nice.  

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

This yours?

I saw one of these deals at Haydays a couple of years ago.  It was pretty brilliant and economical to boot.  Front half was as nice as any big time Rv with granite and marble...just smaller.  Back half was a full on set up racing garage.  Owner was a GC and did it up really nice.  

What you will pay for a modern dually diesel and a nice brand name gooseneck can often times pay for something like that with a nice big brand name 2 car trailer if you can deal with a tractor from the late 90's or early 2000's.  

Give me the toter and stacker every day of the week.  

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

What you will pay for a modern dually diesel and a nice brand name gooseneck can often times pay for something like that with a nice big brand name 2 car trailer if you can deal with a tractor from the late 90's or early 2000's.  

Give me the toter and stacker every day of the week.  

You can park the trailer and drive dually anywhere...the renegade...not so much. :bc:

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If you have like a 16' trailer.  A nice 44' tri-axle Featherlite with living quarters, not so much.

Not sure i know what you mean.....i had a 44 triple axle with living quarters...pulled it with a dually np.

4 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Not sure i know what you mean.....i had a 44 triple axle with living quarters...pulled it with a dually np.

Misread that.  I thought you said you can park and drive the dually anywhere, and ignored the trailer part.  

Comparably priced, I'll take the Renegade style setup.  

25 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Misread that.  I thought you said you can park and drive the dually anywhere, and ignored the trailer part.  

Comparably priced, I'll take the Renegade style setup.  

The Renegade would have to be fairly old to be comparibly priced.

10 hours ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

The Renegade would have to be fairly old to be comparibly priced.

Depends on what you are willing to live with.  My brother's hauler I think we have something like $35,000 into total.  Sterling chassis and a stacker trailer that has had a lot of miles on it and is cheap to run.  Can't beat that!

50 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Depends on what you are willing to live with.  My brother's hauler I think we have something like $35,000 into total.  Sterling chassis and a stacker trailer that has had a lot of miles on it and is cheap to run.  Can't beat that!

Geez thats pretty decent...ive toyed with the idea of getting a single axle Freightliner to pull the rv...but just wouldnt be practical for anything else....probably the same reason I have not given in to my wifes demands on getting a motorhome. 

2 hours ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Geez thats pretty decent...ive toyed with the idea of getting a single axle Freightliner to pull the rv...but just wouldnt be practical for anything else....probably the same reason I have not given in to my wifes demands on getting a motorhome. 

Those sport chassis trucks can be had pretty reasonable for a 4 door if you don't mind having one like a FL70 style.  Probably $30,000 for one of the nicest ones around. 

There is a guy here to built his own F750 or 650 out of a flood damaged box truck.  Just saw it today. 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Those sport chassis trucks can be had pretty reasonable for a 4 door if you don't mind having one like a FL70 style.  Probably $30,000 for one of the nicest ones around. 

There is a guy here to built his own F750 or 650 out of a flood damaged box truck.  Just saw it today. 

Not a fan of those...it would have tobe a business class M2 if i was to consider one....not likely though.

4 hours ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Not a fan of those...it would have tobe a business class M2 if i was to consider one....not likely though.

Looks like 60-70 to get into the M2 class and 20-40 for most stuff from around 2000 (FL70, IH 4700, etc).  You can find a nice Toter for that 60-70 and pair it up with a trailer trailer of your choice for whatever else one is willing to spend.  

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Looks like 60-70 to get into the M2 class and 20-40 for most stuff from around 2000 (FL70, IH 4700, etc).  You can find a nice Toter for that 60-70 and pair it up with a trailer trailer of your choice for whatever else one is willing to spend.  

Ill stick with a dually pick up for now. :)