Check your account email address ×

So... Yeah...

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

So i pulled the etec off the rack and put the seat on... I think i am going to like it alot. Yes its firm but the riding position is wayyy better. 

So next thing I noticed is I am probably going to want a higher handlebar riser. Does anybody know if I can put an 8" riser on without having to put new brake lines or throttle? @Edmo

8 is going to be tight,  stock is 4.5,  i ran my isovibe which is +2.5 under that and barely got it on   throttle would be fine i  think at 8 it's going to be the brake cable that might be tight.  

49 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

8 is going to be tight,  stock is 4.5,  i ran my isovibe which is +2.5 under that and barely got it on   throttle would be fine i  think at 8 it's going to be the brake cable that might be tight.  

Maybe ill just ride it and see what I think before I go swapping out cables. But I think I am going to like the seat.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

If it's a regular gade - not a BCX - you'll need the brake cable from the BCX.  I'm putting it on my new MXZ as I'm 6'3" and like the adjustable riser 5.1" to 8".  Put one on a 900 and it can't be maxed out. 

Edited by SnowRider

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

If it's a regular gade - not a BCX - you'll need the break cable from the BCX.  I'm putting it on my new MXZ as I'm 6'3" and like the adjustable riser 5.1" to 8".  Put one on a 900 and it can't be maxed out. 

Whats a break cable?

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Maybe ill just ride it and see what I think before I go swapping out cables. But I think I am going to like the seat.  

i'd prob have put the adjustable one on if i didn't already own the isovibe.  stock bars are too low for sure if your over 6 feet,  freerides the only sled i didn't have to add height to the bars.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i'd prob have put the adjustable one on if i didn't already own the isovibe.  stock bars are too low for sure if your over 6 feet,  freerides the only sled i didn't have to add height to the bars.  

I swapped out the stock one for a 6" before I even rode it. Im 6'2" and standing up is kinda of a PIA even with the 6". I feel like im hunched over. I think I would really like an 8". Not sure if I want to spend a couple hundred bucks on cables. Im going to do the post forward mod on it like the XRS this weekend. 

Just now, Anler said:

I swapped out the stock one for a 6" before I even rode it. Im 6'2" and standing up is kinda of a PIA even with the 6". I feel like im hunched over. I think I would really like an 8". Not sure if I want to spend a couple hundred bucks on cables. Im going to do the post forward mod on it like the XRS this weekend. 

You will have to get a low windshield if you do that mod...your hand guards will hit windshield before full turn.

3 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

You will have to get a low windshield if you do that mod...your hand guards will hit windshield before full turn.

Stock handguards for sure will not work with post forward,  i run a doo medium windshield on my XRS which has the forward post with Rox handguards and they are a good combination.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

i am about 6'4 and I would like another 2 inches for standing but the 7 is perfect sitting.  

8 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

I havent had those hand guards on since I put the high windshield on. But if I get a high enough riser maybe I can put them back on! :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Anler said:

I havent had those hand guards on since I put the high windshield on. But if I get a high enough riser maybe I can put them back on! :lol: 

Well how thefuck am i supposed toknow that!!!!!!!!! 

:)