Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Morning-

42 / 32.  Cloudy South and clear North.  YS and DIL treated my wife to an awesome Mothers day.  What a great meal, some mini bowling and banter.  Home early afternoon and watched Scandal then some basketball and brewers games.  Awesome day for sure!  :bc:     Bucks play the Raptors starting Wednesday.   Apple pie.... YUM! 

• Like 1

Today has been much nicer than the forecast. We've had mostly sunny skies and temps in the mid 60's . I hope they are wrong about the upcoming snow in the forecast too.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

Today has been much nicer than the forecast. We've had mostly sunny skies and temps in the mid 60's . I hope they are wrong about the upcoming snow in the forecast too.

The local forcast SUCKS! I'm so tired of this god damn rain! :flush:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

beaut of a start to the day,  getting cold and windy now so it's coming.  

39 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

The local forcast SUCKS! I'm so tired of this god damn rain! :flush:

Our 7 day forecast doesn't have much sun in it either :(

39 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

beaut of a start to the day,  getting cold and windy now so it's coming.  

Clouded up here now and the temp has dropped to 59°.

17 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Its colder then that here.

We got up to 63° today instead of the low 50's that were forecast.

I played around with the greenhouse today trying to seal up some of he cracks and gaps. At one point it was in the upper 80's in there. I've always had trouble growing tomatoes up here because of the cooler temps. It looks like it should work out pretty good. If I don't have any issues with it this summer I'll probably upgrade to the 10x10 or 10x20 so we can do enough tomatoes to can for winter.

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, ckf said:

We got up to 63° today instead of the low 50's that were forecast.

I played around with the greenhouse today trying to seal up some of he cracks and gaps. At one point it was in the upper 80's in there. I've always had trouble growing tomatoes up here because of the cooler temps. It looks like it should work out pretty good. If I don't have any issues with it this summer I'll probably upgrade to the 10x10 or 10x20 so we can do enough tomatoes to can for winter.

Tomatoes or maui wowie?  

Decisions.png

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Tomatoes or maui wowie?  

Decisions.png

I'm planning on doing a couple of Bubba Kush CBD cannabis plants along with the tomatoes. I'm actually more excited about the veggies :bc:

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

When ya pick em fresh.

Slice em , olive oil ,  little salt, little pepper , little basil and some fresh ground parmisian

I love the cherry tomatoes right of the vine. We have sliced tomatoes with dinner quite a bit when they are good. I like them with either a little sea salt or a touch of sugar depending on what we are having for dinner. What do you do for tomatoes? heirloom?   I've always done the early girl/boy.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

early girl , big boy. some cherry or grape for salads and then a shitload of plum ( roma ) for making sauce. 

I started some cherry tomatoes about a week ago. I'm just going to buy the regular ones. We use a lot of diced tomatoes for different meals. Would you use plum or slicing tomatoes for that?

13 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

slicing, the plums are very meaty. That's why they make good sauce.

Thanks.  I'm going to do the tomatoes in 5 gallon grow bags so I can move them around. I know I'll run out of room in the small greenhouse pretty fast if they do anything like they did when I worked at a greenhouse when I was a kid. They were 8-10 feet tall and I think they were the early girls or boys (same plant just a different name for marketing(atl east it was back then))

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

I'm planning on doing a couple of Bubba Kush CBD cannabis plants along with the tomatoes. I'm actually more excited about the veggies :bc:

I dint blame you, fresh veggies are the bomb!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1