Check your account email address ×

Oh Dear Lord!

Anler

36 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's more work for sure, I hustled my 2009 and 2012 turbo pigs through some real nasty shit on the bumper of the 800's, it's when I went back to an 800 late season 2014 that I said never again for a lead sled.

My 600 was a hoot but with a Northern Ontario to Chibougamau to Valins and back to the truck trip this winter running with 800's I would be burning fuel like it was free on a 600, so I'm back on an 800 :bc: 

Fyi the trail from Cochrane to la reine has been closed for a 2nd year. 

Can cross at Kirkland lake and new liskeard still. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

The problem no one is talking about is its harder to control the power of a 160 or 200 hp sled compared to a 130 hp sled, so you can concentrate more on keeping it clamped and just holding on.  I've seen it 1000 times.  The 600 doesn't wear you down physically as fast as it would with the larger sled.  Only sled I ever felt like my upper body was getting a real workout to ride aggressively was my turbo, after 20 miles in tight rough terrain, a 600 rider is just getting warmed up in comparison.

It is not.   You just don't have to use the power until its needed.    Debating weight is one thing but its another to say just because the sled has more power makes it harder to handle.  

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Equal sleds with a 600 in one and an 800 in the other .....the 800 is faster and handles the same. Anyone who argues that is a retard 

This.   Why wouldn't 500 fan's be faster yet?  Someone will probably say "well you only need so much power to a point then it hurts you and it just so happens to be at the 600cc level.   :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It's actually pretty simple.

I assume we can all agree and start with this: 800cc > 600cc. The turbos add additional values but to be clear....I don't argue for anything but highly active riding on winding up and down twisty trails or "ditch banging".  I have ZERO interest in fast, straight line speeds or any trail that lends itself to that.

SO.......

More torque/power = More rider effort.  More rider effort = more rider fatigue.  More rIder fatigue = more muscle decline.  More muscle decline = less ability.  Less abiliity = Slower speeds.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm....kay?

I completely disagree. The extra power can be easily controlled with the thumb. Its not like you have to have it open or clamped shut.

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It is not.   You just don't have to use the power until its needed.    Debating weight is one thing but its another to say just because the sled has more power makes it harder to handle.  

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I completely disagree. The extra power can be easily controlled with the thumb. Its not like you have to have it open or clamped shut.

Same damn thing I said the last time this topic was brought up. :lol:  

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ughh...lake riders.  You want to tell me how easy it is to feather the throttle on my sled coming out of a ripped out of the frame corner or over 3 foot moguls ?  For 15 miles?  

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

This.   Why wouldn't 500 fan's be faster yet?  Someone will probably say "well you only need so much power to a point then it hurts you and it just so happens to be at the 600cc level.   :lol:  

Diminishing returns.  At a certain point effort doesn't play as big of a part becuase there's not much torque/power.  I used to be able to rip the shit out of my daughters 380...and pass bigger sled (non-riders).  But, it had no nuts so anybody with marginally less skill could make up time coming out of the corners or on the short straights...or with suspension worth a shit for that matter.  But it was fun as fuck....and almost no effort.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ughh...lake riders.  You want to tell me how easy it is to feather the throttle on my sled coming out of a ripped out of the frame corner or over 3 foot moguls ?  For 15 miles?  

Diminishing returns.  At a certain point effort doesn't play as big of a part becuase there's not much torque/power.  I used to be able to rip the shit out of my daughters 380...and pass bigger sled (non-riders).  But, it had no nuts so anybody with marginally less skill could make up time coming out of the corners or on the short straights...or with suspension worth a shit for that matter.  But it was fun as fuck....and almost no effort.  

Just like I said so the 600cc level is the maximization of power for all rider levels? :lol:  Why is it all 600 riders claim that? :lol:   My 6 is faster than your 

You ditchbanging wannabe snocrossers. :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Zambroski said:

Dude i am no lake rider. And if I am riding 15 miles of 3 foot moguls Im done. That is no fun at this stage of my life. My back already hates me for just sitting at a computer all day. No way I am surviving that shit. 

And if you are having trouble feathering the throttle its time to upgrade to an etec. :news: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just like I said so the 600cc level is the maximization of power for all rider levels? :lol:  

You ditchbanging wannabe snocrossers. :lol:  

1st: Why did you say that? Why would you say that? That's not the argument...is it?  

2nd: Your damn tooin'!  :ylsuper: You straight-line turbo tard!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Dude i am no lake rider. And if I am riding 15 miles of 3 foot moguls Im done. That is no fun at this stage of my life. My back already hates me for just sitting at a computer all day. No way I am surviving that shit. 

And if you are having trouble feathering the throttle its time to upgrade to an etec. :news: 

Well, those are the trails I like and enjoy.  That's chosing a sled more appropriate for that type of punishment in important.  My body has always hated me. I hate it back and punish it for hating me in the first place.  My sad reality now is...it's starting to win the battles.  And so my riding days will be coming to a end.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

3ft moguls for 15 miles.....I'll pass. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I prefer cruising on nice flat trails. 

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

3ft moguls for 15 miles.....I'll pass. 

I prefer cruising on nice flat trails. 

:lol: That sentence was off a bit.  No fucking way I'm doing that either for 15 miles.  But I do run some really tough stretches.  The kind where taping the wrists are important.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

My Z1 Turbo is and my Sidewinder will be as well.

I'd say my Z1T is right around 250.   D&D claims a bit more but we all know how companies like that are.

I can tell you I ride with a lot of 800's and excellent riders and the trails have to get really, really tight and twisty before you notice a difference.    Reality is the 6 and 800's go much faster than even good riders can handle in most corners.   I've found the weight of my Z1T keeps the front planted hard in the corners and the straights well the fun factor is just off the charts.  

Cornering is more about sled setup than how "fast" it is.  Personally I don't like setting my sleds up to corner on rails.   I like a lot of front end lift.  

Im just busting Bens balls. :bc:

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

1st: Why did you say that? Why would you say that? That's not the argument...is it?  

2nd: Your damn tooin'!  :ylsuper: You straight-line turbo tard!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Well, those are the trails I like and enjoy.  That's chosing a sled more appropriate for that type of punishment in important.  My body has always hated me. I hate it back and punish it for hating me in the first place.  My sad reality now is...it's starting to win the battles.  And so my riding days will be coming to a end.

Because that is basically what you are saying when you say a 600 is faster than a lighter 500 fan and an equal weight, more powerful 800.  

Fun debating with guys that don't get all butt hurt and pissy and start name calling.  :bc:

BTW do you glue one of those mohawks on your helmet too? :lol:  I can't because it cannot withstand the wind on even my 800! :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Because that is basically what you are saying when you say a 600 is faster than a lighter 500 fan and an equal weight, more powerful 800.  

Fun debating with guys that don't get all butt hurt and pissy and start name calling.  :bc:

BTW do you glue one of those mohawks on your helmet too? :lol:  I can't because it cannot withstand the wind on even my 800! :lol:  

If you see me getting "butt hurt".....well.... :lmao:

I think my "diminishing return" statement takes care of the "500 fan" argument.

I glue the mohowk up the crack of my ass.  Look for it when I pass you. I may be giving you the finger too though...for making me wait so fucking long to pass safely!!!! :lol:

Turbo-tards!  Jeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!! :)

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: That sentence was off a bit.  No fucking way I'm doing that either for 15 miles.  But I do run some really tough stretches.  The kind where taping the wrists are important.

That's what I thought.:bc: Trails that turn into SnowX runs suck!!! I remember riding from Pittston Farm back Jackman one time when the trails were so bad. I thought I was going to be pissing out blood after that run. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If you see me getting "butt hurt".....well.... :lmao:

I think my "diminishing return" statement takes care of the "500 fan" argument.

I glue the mohowk up the crack of my ass.  Look for it when I pass you. I may be giving you the finger too though...for making me wait so fucking long to pass safely!!!! :lol:

Turbo-tards!  Jeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I'll just laugh when I go ripping by you on the lake with my ski's a foot in the air and I pull in front of you and one of my studs rip through the track and come screaming back at you like a depleted uranium A10 warthog round. :lol:  

394135_10150669958121412_176659031411_11070111_1814796623_n.jpg

Edited by Highmark

32 minutes ago, jammin said:

Really like my 600 F6.

My old 600 ZRT was a beast weight wise and fawk did my thumb / wrist hurt after a day of riding. 

The ZR9 was a fucking hoot all around-

Had fun on all. :bc: 

Thats all that really matters, John. :bc: for me snowmobiling is all about having fun. Hanging out and riding with people who enjoy the same kind of fun as you is as good as it gets in life. :bc: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Thats all that really matters, John. :bc: for me snowmobiling is all about having fun. Hanging out and riding with people who enjoy the same kind of fun as you is as good as it gets in life. :bc: 

Eggsactly:bc: I ride with a small group of friends mostly couples. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'll just laugh when I go ripping by you on the lake with my ski's a foot in the air and I pull in front of you and one of my studs rip through the track and come screaming back at you like a depleted uranium A10 warthog round. :lol:  

394135_10150669958121412_176659031411_11070111_1814796623_n.jpg

You aren't going to find me on the lake....and if you do....I'm one arming it until I get across to the other side....and I'm going across the lake cuz I probably got lost. :lol:

CUZ...LAME!

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Zambroski going out to hit the mogels on the tight and twisty trails.  :taunt::bc:

Look...gonna train this guy to ride lakes at high speeds! He's got opposable thumbs too!  It's all that is needed. :lmao:

Image result for monkey opposable thumbs

See Highmark .....see what I have to deal with :lol: 

If there is more effort being made on the 800 vs the 600 is it because you are going faster and working harder to do it :lol: fucking retards in here man 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

If there is more effort being made on the 800 vs the 600 is it because you are going faster and working harder to do it :lol: fucking retards in here man 

:lol:   After 15 miles when I finally get tired they will be so far behind it won't matter. :lol:  :bc:

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sleep....get some.  you REETREAD!!!!! :lmao:

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   After 15 miles when I finally get tired they will be so far behind it won't matter. :lol:  :bc:

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I swapped sleds this winter on a really smooth 15 mile section of nice windy trail through the woods. I gave my buddy my axys and took his z1 turbo. For sure I had to work harder on the turbo to go the same speed and I dont think I could have gone as fast on the turbo through that section of trail. But as soon as it opened up a bit again it was turbo taking over speed wise. The z1 is a great compromise as it handles its weight well. The axys is a fucking miracle of a chassis so I wouldnt expect to keep up with it on much else but another axys !!!!!!!!!!1

The difference between a 600 and 800 in that trail section effort wise would have been directly related to the 800 going faster everywhere