Check your account email address ×

polaris ride command

1 minute ago, snowstorm said:

anyone try the app for your phone? it has atv and sled trails. we went to jackman last weekend with the sxs. most of the atv trails are on the app . its way better than the map the state gives away

I've heard about it,  but never tried it. Does it require a cell connection to work? Cell service sucks here in northeastern VT and northern NH.

if you start it when you have a signal and dont shut it off its fine. i was impressed. sat. we rode to bulldog camps. no cell signal and sunday went to pisston farm same thing. it dose use quite a bit of battery power so the phone should be plugged in

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've heard about it,  but never tried it. Does it require a cell connection to work? Cell service sucks here in northeastern VT and northern NH.

just download the maps when your on Wifi and it just needs the GPS

works great I used it many times this winter exploring new areas since I don't have a full trail map downloaded to the garmin on my sled,  which i will rectify before winter.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

works great I used it many times this winter exploring new areas since I don't have a full trail map downloaded to the garmin on my sled,  which i will rectify before winter.  

Do you have a ram mount for your phone?

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'd use it if my Iphone 6 wasn't so useless in the cold weather.  

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'd use it if my Iphone 6 wasn't so useless in the cold weather.  

Go point. I'm not sure how the Galaxy S8 is in cold weather. BTW, I got your check in the mail, Thanks :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Go point. I'm not sure how the Galaxy S8 is in cold weather. BTW, I got your check in the mail, Thanks :bc:

I put it in airplane mode and it still doesn't matter if the temps get down below 15 degrees.  Doesn't seem to affect Jeffs or my brothers phones, and I think my brother has your same phone. :bc: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Do you have a ram mount for your phone?

nope, I have the Garmin Montana on the doo glove box extension.  I keep the phone in my outside jacket pocket on airplane mode and grab it when needed,  99% of the time i don't need either but there were a few times this year where we went to new areas then tried to cross country between trails. lack of topo and woods roads on the Polaris means you can't use just that for that kind of riding.  it does have sat pictures which is nice sometimes.  

40 minutes ago, ckf said:

i had no issues with my S5, my notes or with my pixel, iphones suck in the cold or heat.  Wife leaves her phone on the table in the sun for 5 minutes the other day and the fucking thing doesn't work

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i had no issues with my S5, my notes or with my pixel, iphones suck in the cold or heat.  Wife leaves her phone on the table in the sun for 5 minutes the other day and the fucking thing doesn't work

I thought Apple products were the greatest thing since sliced bread. At least that's what I hear from just about every iPhone user that I know :dunno:

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

I thought Apple products were the greatest thing since sliced bread. At least that's what I hear from just about every iPhone user that I know :dunno:

i lasted less than 7 days with my 6S plus and went back to the note.  i think once your on one or the other it's hard to switch because it's so different.  Build quality was always better with the iphone until Samsung finally caught up but heat and cold have been a known weakness with them for years though.  didnt realize just how little sun it took to blank the screens on them until the wife and daughter both had the issue over a couple of day period.  

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i lasted less than 7 days with my 6S plus and went back to the note.  i think once your on one or the other it's hard to switch because it's so different.  Build quality was always better with the iphone until Samsung finally caught up but heat and cold have been a known weakness with them for years though.  didnt realize just how little sun it took to blank the screens on them until the wife and daughter both had the issue over a couple of day period.  

I have read on drone forums that the iPads heat up and shut themselves down. The guys in the southwest use ice packs to cool them down between flights.