Check your account email address ×

No More Cash?

I know this is dumb, but I never carry less than $6,000 in my wallet, I have run into good deals on trailers, boats, sleds, almost anything while driving around, cash on the spot talks. I have no credit cards other than 2 "bank" cards which is just money I already have in the Bank, I use those when ordering parts for others on-line only or the occasional Amazon purchase for myself.

24 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I know this is dumb, but I never carry less than $6,000 in my wallet, I have run into good deals on trailers, boats, sleds, almost anything while driving around, cash on the spot talks. I have no credit cards other than 2 "bank" cards which is just money I already have in the Bank, I use those when ordering parts for others on-line only or the occasional Amazon purchase for myself.

What's really dumb is revealing that on the internet, you just never know if some toothless hillbilly in the Hayward area is reading this. There's desperate people out there who would take advantage of the opportunity to rob you, especially if you're carrying that kind of cash. :bc:

35 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Where do you keep your wallet when you are out and about?  Not in your pocket I would hope.  

$6000 in $100 bills folded in half like in a wallet is over 1/2" thick.  Seems pretty absurd to walk around with 1/2" of extra BS in your pocket.  

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Where do you keep your wallet when you are out and about?  Not in your pocket I would hope.  

$6000 in $100 bills folded in half like in a wallet is over 1/2" thick.  Seems pretty absurd to walk around with 1/2" of extra BS in your pocket.  

I don't fold them, I buy wallets from the local leather shop, it will hold about $10,000 in $100 bills.

I wear cargo pants most of the time, keep the wallet in the lower front velcro pocket. I also conceal carry.LOL

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

:lol:

• Like 1

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I don't fold them, I buy wallets from the local leather shop, it will hold about $10,000 in $100 bills.

Do the wallets have the cool little chain on them so they don't accidentally fall out.

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Do the wallets have the cool little chain on them so they don't accidentally fall out.

Could be used as an achor in a tornado. :lol:

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

They do sell them like that at the leather shop but I don't have one. I know it's not smart carrying that much cash but I have been doing that since the 1960's and have been ok so far. When I go boating or ATV/sledding I only carry about $500-$600 in cash, wifey carries about the same.

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

What's really dumb is revealing that on the internet, you just never know if some toothless hillbilly in the Hayward area is reading this. There's desperate people out there who would take advantage of the opportunity to rob you, especially if you're carrying that kind of cash. :bc:

I think the Native Americans would be a bigger issue, something always going on at the Rez.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

They do sell them like that at the leather shop but I don't have one. I know it's not smart carrying that much cash but I have been doing that since the 1960's and have been ok so far. When I go boating or ATV/sledding I only carry about $500-$600 in cash, wifey carries about the same.

I never carry cash anymore...no reason too.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I know you said you carry cash so you can buy something instantly if needed but how many times during the year do you need to buy something so instantly that you need $6000 in your pocket at all times.  

I carry somewhere between $0 and $20 in my pocket at all times.  More times than not it's $0.  I can get $300 in about 5 minutes anywhere I go, there are ATM's everywhere here.  I have never not been able to complete a deal with $300 and my word that the rest will come after a quick trip to the bank.  

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

I neber carry cash anymore...no reason too.

I have never owned a credit card, ex-wife did though and went nuts a few times with over-spending. I pay cash for everything even trucks and cars.

I know you said you carry cash so you can buy something instantly if needed but how many times during the year do you need to buy something so instantly that you need $6000 in your pocket at all times.  

I carry somewhere between $0 and $20 in my pocket at all times.  More times than not it's $0.  I can get $300 in about 5 minutes anywhere I go, there are ATM's everywhere here.  I have never not been able to complete a deal with $300 and my word that the rest will come after a quick trip to the bank.  

Usually once or twice a month.

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

I never carry cash anymore...no reason too.

Me neither really.  If I am paid in cash for some work I've performed I just give it to my wife.  Not sure exactly what she does with it but I assume it goes in the safe at home or into the bank the next time she is there.  

I have never owned a credit card, ex-wife did though and went nuts a few times with over-spending. I pay cash for everything even trucks and cars.

I have a debit cc...no bill.

You don't travel much either I assume?  

A bank card is the same as cash for the most part.  

Me neither really.  If I am paid in cash for some work I've performed I just give it to my wife.  Not sure exactly what she does with it but I assume it goes in the safe at home or into the bank the next time she is there.  

I do the same. Id probably just lose it eventually.

I dont carry 6g but never less than 500 . I use the shit out of my visa for work but try not to pay small biz with cards because I know how bad they fuck guys like us and I try not to let people use cards on me

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Yes, I have 2 of those from 2 different banks, I use those for on-line purposes only.

Your old school Donny...nothing wrong with that. :bc: