Check your account email address ×

MAD AS FUCK!

Pulled my Triton out from the grips of the woods and weeds yesterday for some maintenance as I thought the lights were going out on me last time I used it....two winters ago.  So, not to fuck around, as it is 7 years old, I just bought all new wiring and spent the morning rewiring it.  Get it all done and wrapped up nice...washed it up and decided to check lights.....the fucking things don't work!  Pulled it apart and spent a an hour checking connections and troubleshooting with a meter.  ALL good!  WHAT THE FUCK?!  Finally, decided to check my truck connector...bingo!  Had a nicked power wire that corroded going to the receptacle WELL....................... MUTHA FUCKA!!!!  So, pulled it all off and bought a new Toyota harness for $160!!!!  I hate it when shit like this happens.  

I was so miffed I put the trailer on Craig's and sold the fucking thing this morning....cheap. :lol:

Just now, Snoslinger said:

common sense would have had you check the truck connector first? troubleshooting 101 is to check power source first.

I had no reason to.  It worked the last time I used it and is a relatively new truck.  The trailer had some lighting issues before.  Thanks for the tip though. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Pulled my Triton out from the grips of the woods and weeds yesterday for some maintenance as I thought the lights were going out on me last time I used it....two winters ago.  So, not to fuck around, as it is 7 years old, I just bought all new wiring and spent the morning rewiring it.  Get it all done and wrapped up nice...washed it up and decided to check lights.....the fucking things don't work!  Pulled it apart and spent a an hour checking connections and troubleshooting with a meter.  ALL good!  WHAT THE FUCK?!  Finally, decided to check my truck connector...bingo!  Had a nicked power wire that corroded going to the receptacle WELL....................... MUTHA FUCKA!!!!  So, pulled it all off and bought a new Toyota harness for $160!!!!  I hate it when shit like this happens.  

I was so miffed I put the trailer on Craig's and sold the fucking thing this morning....cheap. :lol:

Dielectric grease is your friend. :bc:

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

common sense would have had you check the truck connector first? troubleshooting 101 is to check power source first.

Ya know what...no one is perfect....we all make mistakes...thats what makes us men :bc:

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Dielectric grease is your friend. :bc:

Yep. Kinda weird how the power was clipped too.  I actually had to peel apart the harness and it was clipped about 4 inches up.  It had to be fucked up at the factory, how on earth could I do that?  Oh well.  Good luck getting that claim paid.  was gonna just splice in a new power but fuck it...rather just have a whole new harness..plus, the new ones are fancier!

My life is so boring. :lol:

• Like 1

Worse part about it is...I don't fucking use the thing!  We used it to bring our shit to the Races the year before last...I bet I can count on one hand how many times I used it before that.  Just thought it was good to have around.  I hate baggage!!  Especially when it sits and rots. 

Just now, Rw06GT said:

Slinger once tried to change his motor oil by draining the transmission once if I remember correctly.... And actually admitted to it. :lol:

yep :lol:

the fucking drain plug was close to where I though the oil drain plug should have been, and the oil drain plug was well hidden and up more than I expected. so I drained the tranny fluid and then overfilled the oil :lmao:

being hungover as hell might have had some effect.

• Like 1

Just now, Snoslinger said:

yep :lol:

the fucking drain plug was close to where I though the oil drain plug should have been, and the oil drain plug was well hidden and up more than I expected. so I drained the tranny fluid and then overfilled the oil :lmao:

being hungover as hell might have had some effect.

:lol:

I gotta tell ya...not sure I would have shared that on here.  Naaawwwww...I would have anyway. :lol:

Maybe.

Just now, Zambroski said:

:lol:

I gotta tell ya...not sure I would have shared that on here.  Naaawwwww...I would have anyway. :lol:

Maybe.

I don't give a fuck. I'm sure others have done stupid things too but too pussified to admit them :lol:

• Like 1

I hate trailers. I'm lucky tho we live in buttfuck nowhere, and I only have a 10 minute trailer ride if I'm heading out from my buds place instead of my place. I haven't used or plugged in the trailer for 7 years . I fuckin guarantee they don't work anymore, and I don't care