Check your account email address ×

HOLY MOLY...I missed a day of days!

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Remember bag phones?  Wish I'd have kept it...be worth a fortune.

Bright side, I've got several iPhones going back to the original....in their boxes.  My daughter will probably be able to sell them to some dork for big cash in 20-30 years.  They're all I'm leaving her in her inheritance. :lol:

Yes i had a bag phone...so did my wife. :lol:

They never left our vehicles.

I seem to recall my 1st phone that i could actually put in my pocket was a motorola phone.

• Platinum Contributing Member
40 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Yes i had a bag phone...so did my wife. :lol:

They never left our vehicles.

I seem to recall my 1st phone that i could actually put in my pocket was a motorola phone.

Those bag phones are actually pretty cool....my old man had one that he took to deer camp because it was the only one  that got reception and he was there alone quite a bit.

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Those bag phones are actually pretty cool....my old man had one that he took to deer camp because it was the only one  that got reception and he was there alone quite a bit.

We took ours everywhere...worked great in the boat.  Course, with a brick for a battery and a fold out antennae, well, it's probably got a good chance of actually being a, you know...PHONE.

22 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yes...wicked reception.

13 hours ago, Momorider said:

No 401K either it would appear :guzzle: 

Between 22 and 30 are the most important years for a 401k.  If you wait until 30 to begin investing in your 401k you extend retirement by up to 20 years unless you're fortunate enough to land a management position paying stock options and dividends.  

The biggest mistake most people make in life is not investing the max into their 401k as soon as they get into the work force.  The principals of compounding interest are a beautiful thing as long as you take advantage of them early.  

15 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I don't care what age you are.....only what age you act.  You'd do better to start acting your age.  When SeRena starts handling your coin purse softly and gently, you've got a problem.

Or else what? A grumpy old racist idiot is going to call me naive again? OH THE HORROR!!!

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Between 22 and 30 are the most important years for a 401k.  If you wait until 30 to begin investing in your 401k you extend retirement by up to 20 years unless you're fortunate enough to land a management position paying stock options and dividends.  

The biggest mistake most people make in life is not investing the max into their 401k as soon as they get into the work force.  The principals of compounding interest are a beautiful thing as long as you take advantage of them early.  

I did that, but lost most.  

I have a question, why not pay off a house that's at 4.5% vs a 401k that is only making 3%?