Check your account email address ×

Drop Down

Hey Team,

Is there anyway to put a drop down on the page so you don't have to scroll to the top to find unread content?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, toslow said:

Hey Team,

Is there anyway to put a drop down on the page so you don't have to scroll to the top to find unread content?

Not sure exactly what you're looking for...... :dunno:

Each forum is bolded if there's new posts in that forum.

In each forum all new threads or posts added to a thread the thread title is bolded.

To the left of each thread title is a Dot, click on the Dot and it will take you to your 1st unread post in that thread.

If you make a post in a thread the Dot changes to a Star, click on the Dot or Star and you will be taken to 1st unread post in each thread. If the thread is not bolded there are no new posts in that thread or forum.

Its not like there's a ton of new threads or posts posted on here or a shit lot of active forums on here, its mostly the C.E., General snowmobile forum and the H.C.S. forums.

Edited by Jerry 976

I know it would be nice if you hit a thread you've been on before, and it has new content, it would automatically take you to the new unread post.

10 hours ago, toslow said:

Hey Team,

Save new to your bookmarks and just type free....and enter.

12 hours ago, joe_zrt said:

I know it would be nice if you hit a thread you've been on before, and it has new content, it would automatically take you to the new unread post.

To the left of a thread title is a Dot or a Star, Click on the Dot or Star and you will be taken to your 1st unread post in that thread. If there is a Star to the left of the thread title you have posted a comment/ reply in that thread and by clicking on the Star you will be taken to your 1 st unread post in that thread. You don't have to scroll thru a thread and remember where you left off in that thread Click the Dot/Star and you'll be right where you left off in that thread..... I hope that helps you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm thinking Neal has the right approach here, and seeing if there's an example out there you're looking to model. Is the idea being, you don't want to scroll up to click on the "Unread" icon all the time, and would like to have a drop down lingering from whatever thread you're in to go back to the unread threads?  Does clicking on your back button (if you're using a browser) not do the same thing?  Or is this strictly from your phone / mobile access, @toslow?

Both on phone and on computer, maybe tag a unread content icon at the bottom of the page if possible 

7 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Have you seen what you want on another forum as an example?  I am not sure if possible but I can look into doing it.  :bc:

Neal

1 hour ago, toslow said:

Both on phone and on computer, maybe tag a unread content icon at the bottom of the page if possible 

@NaturallyAspirated could you use the menu manager in the ACP to make a footer menu? It isn't available on my phone when I just looked. If nothing else you should be able to edit the footer.

7 hours ago, toslow said:

There isn't a way to do what you want on the mobile compatible browser I'm afraid.  You will have to navigate there via the hamburger menu on the very top right of each page, then Activity>Unread Content.

On desktop browsers there is already this on the top of each forum page:

UCtop.png

And on the bottom of each page:

UCbot.png

Is there something else that you are thinking?  

Neal

On 5/25/2024 at 5:17 AM, Jerry 976 said:

To the left of a thread title is a Dot or a Star, Click on the Dot or Star and you will be taken to your 1st unread post in that thread. If there is a Star to the left of the thread title you have posted a comment/ reply in that thread and by clicking on the Star you will be taken to your 1 st unread post in that thread. You don't have to scroll thru a thread and remember where you left off in that thread Click the Dot/Star and you'll be right where you left off in that thread..... I hope that helps you

Holy fuck, I've been on these forums forever and just learned about this now?:wall:

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

There isn't a way to do what you want on the mobile compatible browser I'm afraid.  You will have to navigate there via the hamburger menu on the very top right of each page, then Activity>Unread Content.

UCtop.png

UCbot.png

Neal

You see the unread content tab on the upper right?

be nice to have that tab on the bottom of the page as well so you don’t have to go back to the top and click on the tab to get to the unread content 

2 hours ago, toslow said:

You see the unread content tab on the upper right?

be nice to have that tab on the bottom of the page as well so you don’t have to go back to the top and click on the tab to get to the unread content 

Did you look at my post and see the images with the red circles??  It is at both the bottom and top of each forum and thread.  :dunno:

Neal

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, toslow said:

This is what im seeing on the bottom saying next unread topic 

IMG_4409.thumb.png.40b2845afead136d93095e54c7edb363.png

What do you see when viewing the site using your computer?

When I view the site using my Table I have to turn the Table sideways  to see the "Unread Content" tab.

When you're done viewing the site do you click the "Mark Site Read" tab? A lot less stuff to look thru the next time you log on if you click the mark site read tab before logging out.

On 5/25/2024 at 8:18 PM, NaturallyAspirated said:

UCtop.png

UCbot.png

Neal

9 hours ago, toslow said:

This is what im seeing on the bottom saying next unread topic 

IMG_4409.thumb.png.40b2845afead136d93095e54c7edb363.png

:bc:

Neal

23 minutes ago, ckf said:

Can't you use the back button to take you back to the unread content page?

Yeah I can do that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toslow said:

Yeah I can do that

I also use the return to the top of the page button quite often when I am on my phone .

Screenshot_20240527-092210.png

• Like 1