Check your account email address ×

Posted (edited)

had 17.000.00 of work done buy them, in 2021 ..  truck wouldn't start ,,left wires loose , hood way off , lights on ,, before i could leave,, left grill fell out , inspected further , bolts missing wires hanging , just wrong , called progressive , was told to take it to hub store next day , they had to do 10.000.00 of redo and damage repair caused by first shops work, nov 2023 roof comes off , was told crew at original store is gone take it there , get there,, nope same idiots,, district manager was there , at the time, recommends i take it to gerber in rockford ,, ok current they did 3.100.00 in damage all around the roof repair, AND THE ROOF LEAKS WATER INTO THE FUSE BOX. all and all i didn't have my truck for 9 months

Edited by polaris7541

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, polaris7541 said:

had 17.000.00 of work done buy them, in 2021 ..  truck wouldn't start ,,left wires loose , hood way off , lights on ,, before i could leave,, left grill fell out , inspected further , bolts missing wires hanging , just wrong , called progressive , was told to take it to hub store next day , they had to do 10.000.00 of redo and damage repair caused by first shops work, nov 2023 roof comes off , was told crew at original store is gone take it there , get there,, nope same idiots,, district manager was there , at the time, recommends i take it to gerber in rockford ,, ok current they did 3.100.00 in damage all around the roof repair, AND THE ROOF LEAKS WATER INTO THE FUSE BOX. all and all i didn't have my truck for 9 months

Sue them

I’ve heard nothing good about these big wall street investor owned companies like gerber. It’s not really shocking quality isn’t number one making quick money for investors is.

It probably didn’t help either you had the cheapest shittiest insurance company ever progressive.

Edited by 800renegaderider

Renegade is right..... DRP's aren't your friend..... Hell, insurance companies are destroying the restoration business with their squeezing of shops labor rate....imbasil claims reps that only know how to cheat a customer.

Progressive is liable for their steering actions..... I believe they advertise a lifetime warranty on their preferred shops work.

I have little faith with DMV dealer complaints inspection.... they typically kick it to a civil issue....From first hand experience, courts are horrible about car issues...

Sounds like you have enough of a complaint and dollar value damages to go looking for a consumer advocate attorney.

Good luck on the fight

• Like 1

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, ICG said:

Renegade is right..... DRP's aren't your friend..... Hell, insurance companies are destroying the restoration business with their squeezing of shops labor rate....imbasil claims reps that only know how to cheat a customer.

Progressive is liable for their steering actions..... I believe they advertise a lifetime warranty on their preferred shops work.

I have little faith with DMV dealer complaints inspection.... they typically kick it to a civil issue....From first hand experience, courts are horrible about car issues...

Sounds like you have enough of a complaint and dollar value damages to go looking for a consumer advocate attorney.

Good luck on the fight

The bold….I believe it’s the shops that do that I don’t think it’s anything with insurance I could be wrong though. I know we offer lifetime warranty on anything insurance or customer pay doesn’t matter.

It’s not just insurance companies fucking over everyone it’s the politicians too. I know in NH for example there was a bill voted down that would have required the insurance companies to pay for manufacturers repair procedures no cutting corners and cheap parts making customers and shops absorb the extra cost to do a correct safe repair per the manufacturer.How that can get voted down I don’t understand.

I spent a ton of time fighting the insurance of the guy that hit my wife to use oem Toyota. I had position statements direct from Toyota for my model year and make that they only support oem parts use due to crash performance and functionality blah blah etc. etc. They didn’t give to shits wrote all used garbage and a/m. I got oem in the end but it was a big battle.

1 hour ago, ICG said:

Good luck on the fight

can't find one that will take the case

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

The bold….I believe it’s the shops that do that I don’t think it’s anything with insurance I could be wrong though. I know we offer lifetime warranty on anything insurance or customer pay doesn’t matter.

It’s not just insurance companies fucking over everyone it’s the politicians too. I know in NH for example there was a bill voted down that would have required the insurance companies to pay for manufacturers repair procedures no cutting corners and cheap parts making customers and shops absorb the extra cost to do a correct safe repair per the manufacturer.How that can get voted down I don’t understand.

I spent a ton of time fighting the insurance of the guy that hit my wife to use oem Toyota. I had position statements direct from Toyota for my model year and make that they only support oem parts use due to crash performance and functionality blah blah etc. etc. They didn’t give to shits wrote all used garbage and a/m. I got oem in the end but it was a big battle.

please help me let it be known  TELL EVERYONE

Gerber and  Excalibur have becoming the big box stores of body shops.  Guy in our club had a body shop with a great reputation and sold out to Gerber.  Within a year the crew he had all quit.  Every day the manager had a conference call and it was all about getting jobs and pushing them through.  They will even move customers cars from one shop to another Gerber shop in a neighboring city just to push product out.  Quality and customer service is not a priority.

• Like 1

bodywork is an art. it takes time to become a good all around body man. but caring is from a young age. leaving shit loose and no concern is just lazy people, and no one checking the quality of the repair is more of the same. i deal with a ton of insurance companies . progressive sucks. i have pretty much thrown them out. refusal to pay for legitimate supplement with all the documents. a lot of times it comes down to the individual adjuster. just like extended warranty , some guys are eager to help, others act like it's their own money

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

In our area ins co's are paying $65/hr for labor and minimal markup on parts. How can you hire good techs?

my argument exactly. they try 50.00 an hour. i ask them , how much do you think a start to finish body man makes? is there any money for the house? " well that's the going rate in your area" bullshit. my rate is 135.00. where else do you see someone choose how much they pay? try that with your insurance premiums

• Like 2

what we need is all the body shops to stick together. as it stands if i refuse the 55.00 hourly rate they call joe's body shop and he takes it. if we all stuck together and said no they would have to step up. now they have their own "authorized" shops they try to force them to. in ny state you go where you want to

• Gold Member
On 5/5/2024 at 11:36 AM, sleepybrew said:

bodywork is an art. it takes time to become a good all around body man. but caring is from a young age. leaving shit loose and no concern is just lazy people, and no one checking the quality of the repair is more of the same. i deal with a ton of insurance companies . progressive sucks. i have pretty much thrown them out. refusal to pay for legitimate supplement with all the documents. a lot of times it comes down to the individual adjuster. just like extended warranty , some guys are eager to help, others act like it's their own money

We will do progressive jobs but we do not negotiate with them on their ridiculous requests. We pass the cost difference on to the customer with all the required paperwork to prove what we did and it’s their problem to deal with. Any progressive customer is made aware of this policy prior to booking sucks it has to be like that but they have screwed us over to many times. We aren’t the only ones in the area like that some won’t even deal with them at all you got progressive sorry go somewhere else.

5 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

In our area ins co's are paying $65/hr for labor and minimal markup on parts. How can you hire good techs?

About the same rate here. We say at the shop if they want to deal with fake labor rates we can make up fake repair hours pretty simple. Why do they pay us 60hr but they will literally pay our sublet mechanic shop $124hr how is that justified? Any insurance collision tech that’s any good is making at a minimum 2 for 1 the problem is it takes at least 5 years to get to that point if you even get to that point. Most don’t stick around I’ve seen many give it up over the years for different jobs.

55 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

what we need is all the body shops to stick together. as it stands if i refuse the 55.00 hourly rate they call joe's body shop and he takes it. if we all stuck together and said no they would have to step up. now they have their own "authorized" shops they try to force them to. in ny state you go where you want to

That will likely never happen greedy wall street shops will always blow the insurance companies to get jobs pumped out. More and more show up every year so I don’t see it ever happening.

so hard to make real money. paint is ridiculous. they try to give 150.00 to paint a bedside in red. hold up jack, that doesn't cover the red , let alone the primer, clear, sand paper, power for the booth, gun cleaner, tape, paper , wax, rags , etc. we have an adjuster actually look at the vehicle maybe one out of 50. no joke. now it's "send us some pictures and an estimate" . then they miss the headlight or something that was clearly broken and asked for. now i have to do a supplement because they can't be bothered to do their job.