Check your account email address ×

15,000 miles before becoming cleaner

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It isn't a tax reduction, but a targeted tax subsidy to try to encourage people to buy something that wouldn't otherwise be viable on its own.

Bullshit.  Your Rivian eats tires.

Exactly.  Overall tax burden and government spending does not go down because of EV's, but up.  We get to not only pay for the tax subsidy, but also for extra wear and tear on the roads from the extra weight and the cleanup as they rip through tires polluting the air.

Once the factory tires are gone.  I always go to a higher wear rating and tread warranty tire.  Partial to Nokians with the 50-60k tread warranties.

my Mustang GT had wore out tires at 15k and the ram 3500 work truck wears its shoes out at 20k.  Much quicker then either of my EV’s and tire wear.

Edited by BOHICA

Making up stories again.  Buddies Rivian is on his third set of tires in less than 40k miles.  Perhaps he drives it like you drove your mustang, but regardless again a heavier car that is otherwise identical to another will eat tires faster.  EV's are harder on tires because they are portly.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Making up stories again.  Buddies Rivian is on his third set of tires in less than 40k miles.  Perhaps he drives it like you drove your mustang, but regardless again a heavier car that is otherwise identical to another will eat tires faster.  EV's are harder on tires because they are portly.

Yup, we have a rivian that comes in. Also on 3rd set but in 30k..He is a car enthusiast and drives it..Thing is fast, I'll give it that, but it chews thru tires..

IMG_20230621_141001954_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230621_140855981_HDR.jpg

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yup, we have a rivian that comes in. Also on 3rd set but in 30k..He is a car enthusiast and drives it..Thing is fast, I'll give it that, but it chews thru tires..

IMG_20230621_141001954_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230621_140855981_HDR.jpg

fuckers are butt ass ugly

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

The tires on my EV’s last a long time. 

Because your not on the road and at the recharging station.  :lol2:

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Doug said:

Because your not on the road and at the recharging station.  :lol2:

Almost 62952 miles in 2 years and 4 months 

Edited by BOHICA

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Almost 62952 miles in 2 years and 4 month 

Good for you,  You bring a book to read while recharging or walk to Culver's like they do in town here.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Good for you,  You bring a book to read while recharging or walk to Culver's like they do in town here.

In about 400 miles or so I need about 15-20 minutes of charge time. Enough to take a piss and move on.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

In about 400 miles or so I need about 15-20 minutes of charge time. Enough to take a piss and move on.

LoL 

Friend's son bought a EV for commuting to work to "save on gas".   Couldn't make it to his work and home without going into limp mode and needed a recharge. Took it back because it wasn't getting the range that was claimed.  Dealer said "nothing wrong with the vehicle your driving to fast".  WTF do I need to drive like Ms Daisy?  "You need to leave earlier for work and do the speed limit"   EV was gone in 3 months.

Enjoy your ride Ms Daisy. 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Doug said:

LoL 

Friend's son bought a EV for commuting to work to "save on gas".   Couldn't make it to his work and home without going into limp mode and needed a recharge. Took it back because it wasn't getting the range that was claimed.  Dealer said "nothing wrong with the vehicle your driving to fast".  WTF do I need to drive like Ms Daisy?  "You need to leave earlier for work and do the speed limit"   EV was gone in 3 months.

Enjoy your ride Ms Daisy. 

Should last me 400,000 miles with minimal maintenance and extremely cheap filling of the tank.  Your friends son must have got a bmw i3 or Nissan leaf or something.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Should last me 400,000 miles with minimal maintenance and extremely cheap filling of the tank.  Your friends son must have got a bmw i3 or Nissan leaf or something.

Well one thing for sure, Is you know how to dream. I'll give you that

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nope Tesla and its gone.  The thing couldn't pull a skateboard on a trailer without a recharge. Cheap filling the tank bendover replacing the battery.

And good for you with your Mr Daisy driving habits. As long as your happy that's part of your life.  :lol2:

• Gold Member
48 minutes ago, Doug said:

Nope Tesla and its gone.  The thing couldn't pull a skateboard on a trailer without a recharge. Cheap filling the tank bendover replacing the battery.

And good for you with your Mr Daisy driving habits. As long as your happy that's part of your life.  :lol2:

Mr Daisying a Tesla is like going all out in the best europeans sedan that they offer.

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Almost 62952 miles in 2 years and 4 months 

Damn, that's insane, almost unbelievable, 605mi/week...don't you have a company truck to drive back and forth to work too?? Fuck, when I was a sales rep and traveled the entire state of NY seeing customers 50hrs a week I was only a bit over that..And that was my job.....................

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Damn, that's insane, almost unbelievable, 605mi/week...don't you have a company truck to drive back and forth to work too?? Fuck, when I was a sales rep and traveled the entire state of NY seeing customers 50hrs a week I was only a bit over that..And that was my job.....................

Dude read between the lines, Not like this fuck ain't been caught lying before

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Mr Daisying a Tesla is like going all out in the best europeans sedan that they offer.

Bless yourself being the EV, Solar powered green guy.  Basically always looking for a charge and a government handout.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Bless yourself being the EV, Solar powered green guy.  Basically always looking for a charge and a government handout.

Charge is typical free at hotels.  Charge for free at home as well.  So some minimal enroute charging the cost savings is a no brainer for a road trip car.  1 set of tires, a couple sets of wiper blades, lost track of washer fluid consumed, and 1 set of cabin air filters.  Been damn cheap.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

2022 model bought in December of 21.  Company pays me mileage.  Works out better then a company truck as I don’t have room at my house  for a company truck.

IMG_4875.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, toslow said:

Dude read between the lines, Not like this fuck ain't been caught lying before

Oh I know

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Charge is typical free at hotels.  Charge for free at home as well. 

That's right you run the extension core to your neighbors house and leach off relatives when you visit.

I'm sure they're both happy to see you >:(

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Doug said:

That's right you run the extension core to your neighbors house and leach off relatives when you visit.

I'm sure they're both happy to see you >:(

Usually stay at hotels visiting family.  Never have plugged in at a families house but they are more like an airplane ride away.  Wife’s family is all around 30-40 miles from our location.  Got 2 chargers in my garage so no need to plug into neighbors.  I would never run an extension cord for an EV as to much crate drop.

most decent hotels anymore offer free charging for EV’s 

Edited by BOHICA

12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Charge is typical free at hotels.  Charge for free at home as well.  So some minimal enroute charging the cost savings is a no brainer for a road trip car.  1 set of tires, a couple sets of wiper blades, lost track of washer fluid consumed, and 1 set of cabin air filters.  Been damn cheap.

4grand for tires?