Check your account email address ×

NH record housing median sales price

6 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Bidenomics and zoning laws 

maybe some of the boomers should sell their second or third homes in New Hampshire? 

:pc:

Boomers are hanging on to large homes, boxing out millennials with growing families. That could hurt Biden in the election.

https://www.businessinsider.com/baby-boomers-millennials-large-homes-inventory-affordability-election-2024-4

damn greedy boomers... :)

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe some of the boomers should sell their second or third homes in New Hampshire? 

:pc:

Boomers are hanging on to large homes, boxing out millennials with growing families. That could hurt Biden in the election.

https://www.businessinsider.com/baby-boomers-millennials-large-homes-inventory-affordability-election-2024-4

damn greedy boomers... :)

Greedy bastards they are

6 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Greedy bastards they are

that's what the article sorta states... :pc:

how many people moved to NH during and after Covid?  that prolly plays a big part of it.  one of my buddies in Richmond NH was offered three times the market value of his home, shop and land last fall.  he just retired and sold his business last year and will never sell it.  nice property, been there several times.

Millennials spend their money stupidly. Spending 23.00 to have grub hub deliver your 15.00 pizza instead of picking it up yourself. 15.00 drinks out 3 times a week instead of one time. 18.00 for fancy hamburger and fries. 

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Millennials spend their money stupidly. Spending 23.00 to have grub hub deliver your 15.00 pizza instead of picking it up yourself. 15.00 drinks out 3 times a week instead of one time. 18.00 for fancy hamburger and fries. 

Boomer butthurt noted. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Boomer butthurt noted. 

I also forgot they drive new leased Audis or Beemers.

Butthurt? No the butt hurt is on the laziest generational fucks the Millennials for complaining they can’t afford a home. 
Get a second job, make financial sacrifices, buy a home that needs work.

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that's what the article sorta states... :pc:

how many people moved to NH during and after Covid?  that prolly plays a big part of it.  one of my buddies in Richmond NH was offered three times the market value of his home, shop and land last fall.  he just retired and sold his business last year and will never sell it.  nice property, been there several times.

I’m sure a lot have. I know at least one in my kids class moved up from CT and they work remotely. I think the article was right about zoning being a big factor though. My road for example has a 4ac minimum to build. The yuppie town I grew up in has a lot minimum too and recently put up a big fuss about a work force housing project being potentially built.

Ive gotten a Christmas tree in Richmond before that’s about all I know about Richmond not much there.

20 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Butthurt? No the butt hurt is on the laziest generational fucks the Millennials for complaining they can’t afford a home. 

IMG_5569.gif.3e5bd79575cc44d8b06ee79b37808d7b.gif

• Gold Member
46 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

But we need the government to pay off student loans. :lol:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

But we need the government to pay off student loans. :lol:

Yet the millennials still complain about the need for affordable housing.

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yet the millennials still complain about the need for affordable housing.

Median household income in NH is 88,235 median home cost 500k do the math the average family can’t afford an average house in NH.

88,235 median income, 28% of income toward mortgage 2,059 a month payment they can afford.

500k home, 20% down, 380k loan 2,528, average property tax in NH 6k yr 500 month, total mortgage payment 3,028 a month more than 1k more than the average family can afford you see the problem yet?

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

careful, some here think everyone should own a big house, yacht, a new truck, sled and have $1 gasoline... on a middle class income.  

my wife grew up in a 1200sq ft house with her parents and four siblings, what makes gen-M feel entitled to the house of their desires?  

idk, but I bet it's wants vs needs... ;)

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’m sure a lot have. I know at least one in my kids class moved up from CT and they work remotely. I think the article was right about zoning being a big factor though. My road for example has a 4ac minimum to build. The yuppie town I grew up in has a lot minimum too and recently put up a big fuss about a work force housing project being potentially built.

Ive gotten a Christmas tree in Richmond before that’s about all I know about Richmond not much there.

Nimbys eh?  they want the benefits but not the compromises of the world.

He lives in the sticks and has 60 acres-ish of hardwoods.  Not a fancy house, nice shop, highly desirable land.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

IMG_5569.gif.3e5bd79575cc44d8b06ee79b37808d7b.gif

Without zoning laws every town becomes Nashua.  Trust me . It's not pretty. My town has been slammed with cluster development since an ultra liberal planning board had the steering wheel for a few years. 

I used to live next to Richmond in Fitzwilliam. Bunch of crazy liberals who like to pretend they are not 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Without zoning laws every town becomes Nashua.  Trust me . It's not pretty. My town has been slammed with cluster development since an ultra liberal planning board had the steering wheel for a few years. 

I used to live next to Richmond in Fitzwilliam. Bunch of crazy liberals who like to pretend they are not 

Ya I get it and I like the way my town is I wouldn’t want zoning changed I like that NH is spread out and rural. I just agree with the article that the housing shortage has at least some to do with the way zoning is here in NH.

I drive through Amherst often and I always see a new town house hoa place going up. My bud moved from Amherst couple years ago because it was getting to built up to much.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Bidenomics.

all sorts of things causing this.   We have no land where people want to live/where their are good jobs and no ones willing to sell because there is nothing to buy.  I want to downsize from my 3900 sf house to something around 2k.  I could get $1m or so on the sale but to buy something new would cost me minimum of 800kk.  they are building a small pocket neighborhood down the street from me,  1.35m for a 2000 sf modern cape.  I sold an unpermitted lot last year for $285k 20 min off the coast.  on the coast i'd have to pay 500 for one.   

what's wrong with a 'starter home' these days?  that's what I bought in 1996 for $51k.  gutted it, remodeled it while I lived in it and eventually turned it into a rental.  was it in the nicest neighborhood or a highly desirable neighborhood?  was I 'proud' of my home?  did any of that matter to me personally?  fuck no!  sold it a couple years ago and between rent collected and appreciation did pretty well.  

imo we live in a 'want' driven society... everyone wants, few want to earn it the hard way.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

all sorts of things causing this.   We have no land where people want to live/where their are good jobs and no ones willing to sell because there is nothing to buy.  I want to downsize from my 3900 sf house to something around 2k.  I could get $1m or so on the sale but to buy something new would cost me minimum of 800kk.  they are building a small pocket neighborhood down the street from me,  1.35m for a 2000 sf modern cape.  I sold an unpermitted lot last year for $285k 20 min off the coast.  on the coast i'd have to pay 500 for one.   

yup... wants

sell, rent and wait for the impending recession to buy at a reasonable price... ? 

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's wrong with a 'starter home' these days?  that's what I bought in 1996 for $51k.  gutted it, remodeled it while I lived in it and eventually turned it into a rental.  was it in the nicest neighborhood or a highly desirable neighborhood?  was I 'proud' of my home?  did any of that matter to me personally?  fuck no!  sold it a couple years ago and between rent collected and appreciation did pretty well.  

imo we live in a 'want' driven society... everyone wants, few want to earn it the hard way.  

for 500k thats pretty much waht you get in southeastern NH.  60's 3 bed 1200 sf ranch would run 6-700k in my town depending on reno done to it over time.  

Drive up coffees every day. 3.50 x 5 = 1000.00 a year not to mention the gas $ wasted in line. Make coffee at home.

Buy a multi family and live in it for a few years.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

for 500k thats pretty much waht you get in southeastern NH.  60's 3 bed 1200 sf ranch would run 6-700k in my town depending on reno done to it over time.  

MC could use a room mate and riding buddy... 

:ashamed:

Just now, Mainecat said:

Drive up coffees every day. 3.50 x 5 = 1000.00 a year not to mention the gas $ wasted in line. Make coffee at home.

Buy a multi family and live in it for a few years.

don't forget the $700 per month car payment