Check your account email address ×

Did Jesus exist? Examining the historicity of one of the most important people in history

6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

A person, or even an amalgamation of people existing with similar life of Jesus of the bible is believable.  I would say that there is some fantasy and highly suspect events and descriptions in the Bible of Jesus though. 

Neal

Our calendar and even our government structure is based off Jesus and what he stood for 

8 minutes ago, Rod said:

Our calendar and even our government structure is based off Jesus and what he stood for 

The Egyptians and the Romans had our calendar basically figured out well before Jesus was born.

Our government has little to nothing to do with Jesus.  Again Rome had a "republic" and democratic systems well before Jesus.

Neal

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The Egyptians and the Romans had our calendar basically figured out well before Jesus was born.

Our government has little to nothing to do with Jesus.  Again Rome had a "republic" and democratic systems well before Jesus.

Neal

Our calendar is based of Jesus life and death, and Jesus started the separation of church and state 

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

No, it isn't.  No he didn't.   :lol:

Neal

You know that you being mad doesn’t change facts hey 

9 minutes ago, Rod said:

Our calendar is based of Jesus life and death, and Jesus started the separation of church and state 

Jesus was created to make people believe that their was life after death,  making I'd buy idiots die in war.

• Like 1

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Jesus was created to make people believe that their was life after death,  making I'd buy idiots die in war.

Try that again but in English 

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Stupid, people believe there was life after death. 

Literally off topic 

the topic was did Jesus exist? Yes he did 

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

BCE and CE are religiously neutral, yet they describe the same years as AD and BC.

Neal

And what’s it based around 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You can't prove he did, let alone that he was a supernatural being.  :bc:

Neal

Neat strawman argument 

Edited by Rod

7 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It's not a straw man argument.  You cannot prove the man existed.  That deals exactly with the "Did Jesus Exist" proposition.

You are using a fallacy argument incorrectly.  :bc:

Neal

You said I can’t prove that he was a deity. I certainly can’t. Nor was that an argument that I made

i said Jesus existed. Which most historians agree that he did. And he changed the world, even if he was just a man. 

5 minutes ago, Rod said:

You said I can’t prove that he was a deity. I certainly can’t. Nor was that an argument that I made

i said Jesus existed. Which most historians agree that he did. And he changed the world, even if he was just a man. 

Most? About as accurate as climate change. Adjust on the fly.