Check your account email address ×

Donald Trump's net worth has jumped $4 billion this year to $7.2 billion, per Bloomberg's rich list.

Business Insider:

Donald Trump is now richer than George Soros — and on track to overtake Mark Cuban

Theron Mohamed

Donald Trump's net worth has jumped $4 billion this year to $7.2 billion, per Bloomberg's rich list.

The former president is richer than George Soros and set to surpass Mark Cuban and George Lucas.

Trump will welcome the wealth gain as he prepares to hand over a $175 million bond.

Donald Trump is now richer than George Soros — and is set to overtake Mark Cuban too.

The former president's net worth has soared by more than $4 billion this year to an estimated $7.2 billion, per the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

Trump ranked 377th on the rich list at Tuesday's market close, above the likes of Netflix cofounder Reed Hastings ($6 billion), oil-dynasty heir Gordon Getty ($6.2 billion), and Home Depot cofounder Bernie Marcus ($6.9 billion).

The real estate tycoon's wealth has soared thanks to his 78.75 million shares, or at least 58% stake, in Trump Media & Technology Group, which merged with Digital World Acquisition Corp. on Monday and began trading under the ticker DJT on Tuesday.

TGMT stock ended the day up 16%, valuing Trump's stake at $4.6 billion. It leaped another 16% to $67 in premarket trading on Wednesday. If that gain holds, Trump's position will be worth about $5.3 billion, lifting his overall wealth to about $7.9 billion.

A net worth of that magnitude would rank him above not just Soros ($7.2 billion) and Cuban ($7.3 billion) on the Bloomberg list, but also venture capitalist John Doerr ($7.4 billion), fashion heiress Miuccia Prada ($7.4 billion), and Lululemon founder Chip Wilson ($7.5 billion).

Trump would also be nipping at the heels of New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Russian oil magnate Roman Abramovich, and Star Wars creator George Lucas, each of whom was worth under $8.3 billion at Tuesday's close.

The presumptive GOP presidential nominee will surely be thrilled by his soaring net worth. He's been scrambling to find the money to cover a recent $454 million judgment against him in a New York fraud case.

Trump has appealed the ruling, but still has to secure a $175 million bond in the next few days, as an assurance to the court that he'll pay the full amount if he loses his appeal.

TMTG, Truth Social's parent company, officially has a "lock up" period that bars its bosses from selling shares for the next six months. But its board, which includes Donald Trump Jr., has the power to waive or reduce the waiting time before Trump can cash out.

Whatever happens, it's striking to see Trump shooting up the billionaire rankings just when he seemed to be in serious financial trouble.

Read the original article on Business Insider

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

He’s got a lot of coin, increasingly so, that seems like it would make him even more and more removed from a representative or understanding of the common blue collar person.

Neal

Yet he continues to mingle among the peons.......:bowdown:..... unlike any other elite politician we've ever seen.    

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

He loves the spotlight and media talking about him for sure.

Neal

Let me know when  another politician does something like this..... He won't be getting any coverage for the positive things... I can guarantee that the media will ignore these type of events.

trump-is-a-good-guy.jpg

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Let me know whe  another politician does something like this..... He won't be getting any coverage for the positive things... I can guarantee that the media will ignore these type of events.

trump-is-a-good-guy.jpg

Notice how he couldn’t do it anonymously…

Being positive as long as it makes them look good is a common political move.  They all have to brag about what great things they have done.  Trump is no different.

Neal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Notice how he couldn’t do it anonymously…

Being positive as long as it makes them look good is a common political move.  They all have to brag about what great tings they have done.  Trump is no different.

Neal

Sounds like it was pretty anonymous to me.... what is he supposed to do disguise his voice?    ..... And we may never know what he has done that remains completely anonymous... He is not the orange devil like everyone portrays him to be

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Sounds like it was pretty anonymous to me.... what is he supposed to do disguise his voice?    ..... And we may never know what he has done that remains completely anonymous... He is not the orange devil like everyone portrays him to be

It sounds like the exact opposite to me.  

Devil?  Perhaps not, but certainly a pompous, arrogant, and often condescending person.  People can like those prominent characteristics in a person, or candidate.  I’ll pass though.  :bc:

Neal

By the way, the biden administration blames the gun for this police officer's murder. Not the fact this criminal is out on the streets after 19 prior arrests 

Edited by washedupmxer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

By the way, the biden administration blames the gun for this police officer's murder. Not the fact this criminal is out on the streets after 19 prior arrests 

If he didn't have the gun, he wouldn't have been able to shoot the cop. What were his 19 priors for?

24 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

If he didn't have the gun, he wouldn't have been able to shoot the cop. What were his 19 priors for?

I can't be involved in your stupidity, find someone else slow steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Sounds like it was pretty anonymous to me.... what is he supposed to do disguise his voice?    .....

Who is John Miller?  :roflcrying:

7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Ouch

I've seen/had a few biotechs do that over the years in a day... but this is DJT, cream of the crop, you can't go wrong with the GOAT stock.

people should have bought the Bibles instead...:roflcrying:

• Haha 1

Hard to believe a company that loses linens magically worth billions :lol:  The situation is nefarious and should be investigated. 

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Cult leader’s business model….and down to $47 :lmao:

what was one of PT Barnum's sayings? 

Magatards losing $ hand over fist... :)

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Biden's fault  :thumbsup:

Of course….when is @XCR1250 gonna  change the thread title with the cult leaders updated net worth :lol: