Check your account email address ×

Ethanol plant blew the fuck up

Prolly gonna be many of the injured fighting for months/years with 3rd degree burns (or worse).  I hope they got lucky.  I wonder if this was a human fuck up or equipment failure. Has Slinger been alerted?  He may already be on site getting to the bottom of all this.  Or, does he really need to be on site to figure it out?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Prolly gonna be many of the injured fighting for months/years with 3rd degree burns (or worse).  I hope they got lucky.  I wonder if this was a human fuck up or equipment failure. Has Slinger been alerted?  He may already be on site getting to the bottom of all this.  Or, does he really need to be on site to figure it out?

I work with a guy who had 160 tons of molten steel explode all over him. He was in the hospital for months with burns all over his body but he recovered , many skin grafts etc. He said he doesnt remember much of the first month but he said it sucked for quite a while after.

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I work with a guy who had 160 tons of molten steel explode all over him. He was in the hospital for months with burns all over his body but he recovered , many skin grafts etc. He said he doesnt remember much of the first month but he said it sucked for quite a while after.

Jesus Christ!  I was watching some of that lava roll out from wherever last week and I thought how bad it would suck to step off in it.  Watching and feeling it slowly melt all the way to the bone....then that too.  With little to do to stop it.  FUCK. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Jesus Christ!  I was watching some of that lava roll out from wherever last week and I thought how bad it would suck to step off in it.  Watching and feeling it slowly melt all the way to the bone....then that too.  With little to do to stop it.  FUCK. 

Ah , yah ......it would really suck to get burned bad. That would probably be number 1 on my list of ways I dont want to die or suffer

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

didn't the plant have several safety violations? 

every plant has several safety violations .....that means nothing

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

Ah , yah ......it would really suck to get burned bad. That would probably be number 1 on my list of ways I dont want to die or suffer

Probably the way I don't want to go as well.  The pain and shit you are susceptible to via your burns, no thank you.  Bring me to a vet and have me put down!

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

every plant has several safety violations .....that means nothing

Having OSHA show up is the equivalent of a DOT inspection.  They will find something to write a ticket/fine over.

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

I had some road rash from an accident when I was younger and have some skin grafts on my arm and wrist. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Most pain I've ever felt by far.