Check your account email address ×

Work til you die.. not a bad philosophy

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

BuT iTs DiFfErEnT iF yOu EnJoY yOuR jOb!!!!

Why wouldn’t it be?  Doing something you enjoy vs something you hate. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Cold War said:

You hate being retired? I don't know anyone who does.

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Most people have little to zero flexibility.  If you can work on your terms and have all the time off and work remotely from anywhere, it paints a different picture.

Bonus when you enjoy what you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im a hardcore worka

Just now, Steve753 said:

Im not.  Im a hardcore workaholic. :lol:

Cant help it.  My body is destroyed and I still can’t quit it.  I don’t love everything about it or everyday but generally I enjoy being here.  I go crazy doing nothing.  A week or so of vacation and Im missing it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Do you know anyone who actually enjoys their career, or is it just a job for them?

Why don't guys like Elon retire.:lol:

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Most people have little to zero flexibility.  If you can work on your terms and have all the time off and work remotely from anywhere, it paints a different picture.

Bonus when you enjoy what you do.

I agree. Different for everyone.  I don’t know a lot of people who do accounting or sell insurance for a hobby.  My wife’s step Dad retired and loves it. Her Dad retired and didn’t last a year until he was back working. 

15 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

BuT iTs DiFfErEnT iF yOu EnJoY yOuR jOb!!!!

Absolutely....... It really isn't a job when you enjoy it .   I never woke up and said....."damn I gotta go to work.".  Always had a positive attitude while working.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I agree. Different for everyone.  I don’t know a lot of people who do accounting or sell insurance for a hobby.  My wife’s step Dad retired and loves it. Her Dad retired and didn’t last a year until he was back working. 

Lmao.. 🤣 haven't even unpacked yet and I'm considering getting a part time job.  

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

I'm not working for someone else any longer then I need to. After retirement you just have to stay physically and mentally active

My dad retired at 62 made it to 87 he always said he was busier after he retired than he was while he was working.  

1 minute ago, gravy davey said:

My dad retired at 62 made it to 87 he always said he was busier after he retired than he was while he was working.  

Exactly what my dad said as well. Complaining he didn't have as much time to fish as he thought he would. lol Always busy with something else

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gravy davey said:

My father says the same.

25 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Do you know anyone who actually enjoys their career, or is it just a job for them?

Why don't guys like Elon retire.:lol:

Everyone i know who's retired loved their jobs, even my father and mother.

Most people who continue to work into their 60s can't retire because of their lifestyle. Take you for instance. It would suck having 2 big mortgages like you have that you'll pass on to your children.

16 minutes ago, gravy davey said:

Thats a good run.  Hopefully he was good health to the end.  My dad has awesome genes. They live into their 90’s . Moms side if you make it into  60s you’re doing good. 

18 minutes ago, gravy davey said:

My dad retired at 62 made it to 87 he always said he was busier after he retired than he was while he was working.  Au

Maybe when I get settled and have my big garage built I will be a bit happier but right now it ain't lookin too bright and kicking myself for calling it quits.... And I even delayed this for like 5 years on top of it, Knowing I wasn't ready.... and Apparently I still wasn't.   And money has absolutely nothing to do with it

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Maybe when I get settled and have my big garage built I will be a bit happier but right now it ain't lookin too bright and kicking myself for calling it quits.... And I even delayed this for like 5 years on top of it, Knowing I wasn't ready.... and Apparently I still wasn't.   And money has absolutely nothing to do with it

Well just think, instead of having to sneak away to jerk off to Trumps picture, you can do it anytime you want now.

:bc:

• Haha 1

Right now I'm just pissed off trying to find room for all this shit that the wife had from the move....and we moved into a bigger house even.  I don't know where all this shit appeared from...WTF ......plus we got 2 dumpsters filled before we left.  

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Well just think, instead of having to sneak away to jerk off to Trumps picture, you can do it anytime you want now.

:bc:

That was never a problem when working....had plenty of time for that :dunno:

10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Most people who continue to work into their 60s can't retire because of their lifestyle. Take you for instance. It would suck having 2 big mortgages like you have that you'll pass on to your children.

What mortgages?

Poor Stupid Stheve.

14 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Everyone i know who's retired loved their jobs

Sorry Steve but I'm calling bullshit on that.  You either live in some sort of Pennsylvanian utopia, or you're flat out lying.  Sure, there's people who enjoy their jobs but EVERYONE?  Maybe you only know a handful of retirees?  I'd bet at least 50% who retired would say they TOLERATED their job .... it sure as hell ain't 100% who loved it.  I know my dad didn't love his job - he took a package early just to get out because he was sick of seeing the direction the business was going.  I have multiple other buddies who have retired, and all but maybe 2 or 3 would have said their place of employment was more about being content with it vs. loving it.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Thats a good run.  Hopefully he was good health to the end.  My dad has awesome genes. They live into their 90’s . Moms side if you make it into  60s you’re doing good. 

He was fucking Covid got him just passed 2-14

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Anybody who believes retirement is a bad thing is a moron. Getting up every day and having the freedom to do what you want in life is priceless, life is too short to toil away at a job.

:goodpost:

35 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I had an AWESOME job/pay/benefits for life/pension. Minus the 12 hr shift work it was great, worked with quite a few lifelong friends and made many many new ones.

17 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Sorry Steve but I'm calling bullshit on that.  You either live in some sort of Pennsylvanian utopia, or you're flat out lying.  Sure, there's people who enjoy their jobs but EVERYONE?  Maybe you only know a handful of retirees?  I'd bet at least 50% who retired would say they TOLERATED their job .... it sure as hell ain't 100% who loved it.  I know my dad didn't love his job - he took a package early just to get out because he was sick of seeing the direction the business was going.  I have multiple other buddies who have retired, and all but maybe 2 or 3 would have said their place of employment was more about being content with it vs. loving it.

You think it matters to me what you think? :lol:

25 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What mortgages?

Poor Stupid Stheve.

The mortgages you have. 

Just now, HSR said:

I had an AWESOME job/pay/benefits for life/pension. Minus the 12 hr shift work it was great, worked with quite a few lifelong friends and made many many new ones.

Impossible!!!! Pugsly says you hated your job and by hell or high water you dam well better agree with him!