Check your account email address ×

Sled prices are way out of line

42 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Paid $5400 for a leftover 92 Wildcat in the fall of 92.  Today's dollars that's about $11,900.  A new 93 Wildcat or Mach 1 was around $7000-$7200 msrp and I couldn't get any discount.  Those in today's dollars would be around $15,800.   MSRP on new mid range 850's are in the $16-18k range.  45 more hp, better injection systems, far greater suspension, longer track, better gauges.

Now take in the extra cost to mfg some of today's 4 strokes as comparison to older 2 strokes.        

I can find leftover 23 and 24 Poo 850's in the $13K range that are 100x's the sled.   

I think people are a bunch of whiney cry babies today.  Sled prices are high....but not out of line with what they've been for a long, long time. 

SXS pricing... compared to cars and small SUVs

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They ARE absurd.   I've said I'd love to see the big three come out with UTV's.   They could fucking blow the current market up. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Lots of great deals on sxs's in the used market. Very low mile units. People who bought them realizing they just dont have the time to use them.

26 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Lots of great deals on sxs's in the used market. Very low mile units. People who bought them realizing they just dont have the time to use them.

new... they're out of their f'ng minds imo

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

new... they're out of their f'ng minds imo

Not really. They are basically cars that you can travel off road at 80 mph and it'seasy to make them street legal. Go price a Raptor or a Rubicon.

35 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Not really. They are basically cars that you can travel off road at 80 mph and it'seasy to make them street legal. Go price a Raptor or a Rubicon.

It's easy to make them street legal but there are plenty of areas they aren't legal to ride on roads.

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

can I legally drive one from my house to Chicago, Minneapolis or the cottage in the UP?  No.

Raptor or Rubicon... why'd you go straight to the top of the heap in price and two dedicated off roaders?   Base 2d Wrangler Sport is $34K.  Base Bronco 2d is $39k

If they could sell them here, one of these little billy goats would be cheap off road fun.  https://www.globalsuzuki.com/automobile/lineup/jimny/

SXS's are a fad... Boomers are their biggest consumers and their prefferred rides are from one bar to another.   

38 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

It's easy to make them street legal but there are plenty of areas they aren't legal to ride on roads.

Ya that sucks unfortunately, but just like someone who owns a motorcycle where there is 4-6 months of winter, it's easy enough to go where you can ride.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

can I legally drive one from my house to Chicago, Minneapolis or the cottage in the UP?  No.

Raptor or Rubicon... why'd you go straight to the top of the heap in price and two dedicated off roaders?   Base 2d Wrangler Sport is $34K.  Base Bronco 2d is $39k

If they could sell them here, one of these little billy goats would be cheap off road fun.  https://www.globalsuzuki.com/automobile/lineup/jimny/

SXS's are a fad... Boomers are their biggest consumers and their prefferred rides are from one bar to another.   

Thanks for proving my point. Base sxs's are much cheaper as well.

As for boomers only riding them, perhaps thats the case where you hang your clothes. I'm starting to feel like an old man riding in the desert and the sand dunes these days.

:lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Thanks for proving my point. Base sxs's are much cheaper as well.

As for boomers only riding them, perhaps thats the case where you hang your clothes. I'm starting to feel like an old man riding in the desert and the sand dunes these days.

:lol:

Seems to be all ages that ride around here. Our trail systems get hit pretty hard due to close proximity to the twin cities and I see a fair amount of younger people riding here.

• Like 1