Check your account email address ×

Gov. Evers Announces Support is Available for Many Northern Wisconsin Businesses Affected By Lack of Winter Snow

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

At some point the republican party will realize that they should have stood up to Trump and kicked him to the curb sooner. Instead all that they can think about right now is how he is going to stick it to the Dems if he gets reelected.

As bad as Biden is I still think Trump is carrying to much baggage to beat him. Time will tell.....

I think that point for rational reasonable conscious 'republicans' was January 7th 2021 

An issue I see for those types is that without the Trumpkins and the far religious right... they can't get donor $ or win elections.  They're sucking the proverbial double edged sword right now.  The RNC is currently a direction less shit show imo... and by that I feel many in the party don't truly support Trump as some here would lead you to believe. 

If the election comes to Biden v Trump (most likely) I'll be voting for a third party candidate (again) or moving down ballot and voting for the candidate who most closely aligns with my values. 

Lastly... Bhen has showed disgust and disdain for Trump here numerous times since I've been here... but he's seemed to relax his position now in front of his 'friends'... unlike Angry Ginger, Matt and a few others. 

So in closing, Fuck Trump :)

• Platinum Contributing Member

Honestly they've had quite a few good years in a row and all business' should expect and prepare for some thin years.   It will balance out some in the summer as more people will take trips to make up for the ones they missed this winter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Honestly they've had quite a few good years in a row and all business' should expect and prepare for some thin years.   It will balance out some in the summer as more people will take trips to make up for the ones they missed this winter.

Most businesses around here have to make their money during the summer months. Winter is all about survival.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ckf said:

At some point the republican party will realize that they should have stood up to Trump and kicked him to the curb sooner. Instead all that they can think about right now is how he is going to stick it to the Dems if he gets reelected.

As bad as Biden is I still think Trump is carrying to much baggage to beat him. Time will tell.....

The current Democrat party is disgusting filth, pure trash. Trump is easily 1000 times better than anything that comes from that vile, corrupt donkey shit party. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

precisely

on the bright side and in theory it's a 'loan'... maybe like a PPP or student loan in time?  IDK... if your sole revenue and income stream is based upon snow you may want to revise your business model.

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

The current Democrat party is disgusting filth, pure trash. Trump is easily 1000 times better than anything that comes from that vile, corrupt donkey shit party. 

are you missing the conversation about the current state of the takeover of Republican party?  it's more like a hijacking but whatevs.

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's your OPINION. I'm guessing that the Dems opinion is different. The Dems will show up in November more for Biden than the Republicans will for Trump in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

precisely

on the bright side and in theory it's a 'loan'... maybe like a PPP or student loan in time?  IDK... if your sole revenue and income stream is based upon snow you may want to revise your business model.

Honestly they got much bigger fish to fry than one poor snow year.  All economies that basically evolved to tourist/service only will have the same issues.

Real estate prices are out of control partly because of the VRBO market.   Also impacted by not enough places to build homes and lack of construction companies.  Nobody wants unsightly apartment complexes that aren't really affordable rent anyway.  

Business' can't find workers because they can't afford to pay what people want to live in those areas.  Significant portion of the customer base are cheap ass tight wads and complain if they raise prices much.   Its a viscous cycle and the area isn't attractive enough like the resort area's out west in the mountains which are dealing with the same thing.  

They need multiple, strong non-tourism based industries and that's a huge problem to solve.  Throw in the fact that its a difficult proposition utilizing the area's natural resources because of today's green environment and its a no win situation.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Honestly they got much bigger fish to fry than one poor snow year.  All economies that basically evolved to tourist/service only will have the same issues.

Real estate prices are out of control partly because of the VRBO market.   Also impacted by not enough places to build homes and lack of construction companies.  Nobody wants unsightly apartment complexes that aren't really affordable rent anyway.  

Business' can't find workers because they can't afford to pay what people want to live in those areas.  Significant portion of the customer base are cheap ass tight wads and complain if they raise prices much.   Its a viscous cycle and the area isn't attractive enough like the resort area's out west in the mountains which are dealing with the same thing.  

where's @sleepybrew?

he's has some good perspective on this where he resides.  

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's your OPINION. I'm guessing that the Dems opinion is different. The Dems will show up in November more for Biden than the Republicans will for Trump in my opinion. 

I'm responding to your OPINIONS because I believe you're dead wrong. Democrats are pure trash, especially on the border crisis alone. Open your eyes, how anybody with half a brain could vote Democrat after what we've all witnessed the last 3 years is mind blowing. BTW, most of America knows Biden has been a disaster and you believe the Dems will rally around that corpse? You should have been a comedian. :lmao:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

where's @sleepybrew?

he's has some good perspective on this where he resides.  

I follow a couple Vilas County community pages and this is all stuff discussed.  The restrictions around COVID in 2020-2021 around the country/world made real estate jump up there significantly.  It was happening anyway it just sped it up.   Glad I got mine before the jump.   Its increased in value by around 50% since fall of 2018.  Its crazy. 

Edited by Highmark

21 minutes ago, ckf said:

moderates and independents may show up for Biden as well... but I've a feeling the day after the election it's going to be a dumpster fire no matter who wins.

tenor.gif

9139cf9d2512fa5b95c95d813ea91d73.gif

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I'm responding to your OPINIONS because I believe you're dead wrong. Democrats are pure trash, especially on the border crisis alone. Open your eyes, how anybody with half a brain could vote Democrat after what we've all witnessed the last 3 years is mind blowing. BTW, most of America knows Biden has been a disaster and you believe the Dems will rally around that corpse? You should have been a comedian. :lmao:

Time will tell ...

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I follow a couple Vilas County community pages and this is all stuff discussed.  The restrictions around COVID in 2020-2021 around the country/world made real estate jump up there significantly.  It was happening anyway it just sped it up.   Glad I got mine before the jump.   Its increased in value by around 50%.  Its crazy. 

brew is out east in a ski town, similar situation with the vid and down staters gobbling everything up.   

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

moderates and independents may show up for Biden as well... but I've a feeling the day after the election it's going to be a dumpster fire no matter who wins.

tenor.gif

9139cf9d2512fa5b95c95d813ea91d73.gif

Laughing Miketyson GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and if I'm correct, then what? 

this?

Screenshot_20221109-122403.thumb.png.8754545ca5508d0069a507db5980b9a8.png

Doesn't count.  That photo was taken when Hillary lost. 

In fact, that may very well be Hillary  today!:lol:

12 minutes ago, hayward said:

That's a photo from his spank bank collection. :lmao:

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I think that point for rational reasonable conscious 'republicans' was January 7th 2021 

An issue I see for those types is that without the Trumpkins and the far religious right... they can't get donor $ or win elections.  They're sucking the proverbial double edged sword right now.  The RNC is currently a direction less shit show imo... and by that I feel many in the party don't truly support Trump as some here would lead you to believe. 

If the election comes to Biden v Trump (most likely) I'll be voting for a third party candidate (again) or moving down ballot and voting for the candidate who most closely aligns with my values. 

Lastly... Bhen has showed disgust and disdain for Trump here numerous times since I've been here... but he's seemed to relax his position now in front of his 'friends'... unlike Angry Ginger, Matt and a few others. 

So in closing, Fuck Trump :)

had trump behaved with any sense of civility in the wake of losing in 20 i think he would beat Biden this time with how mentally challenged Biden is. But most will not drink the kool aid and excuse his behavior.  

I will only goi to the poll in November because of our governor and other state races.  FUck every person running at this point for president and congress in NH.  they should all kill themselves

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, hayward said:

nope, that was screen shot from a Trump event a few years back.  you can Google it.  I've got other work to do here.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

had trump behaved with any sense of civility in the wake of losing in 20 i think he would beat Biden this time with how mentally challenged Biden is. But most will not drink the kool aid and excuse his behavior.  

I will only goi to the poll in November because of our governor and other state races.  FUck every person running at this point for president and congress in NH.  they should all kill themselves

he blew a huge opportunity starting in January of 2020 and hasn't let his foot off the throttle.  

maybe a dark horse will emerge but I'm not holding my breath for that.

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

It's not just Biden, it's the entire administration and the entire Democrat Party............pure trash.

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

nope, that was screen shot from a Trump event a few years back.  you can Google it.  I've got other work to do here.

he blew a huge opportunity starting in January of 2020 and hasn't let his foot off the throttle.  

maybe a dark horse will emerge but I'm not holding my breath for that.

I think that the Dems will do whatever it takes to beat Trump. That includes kicking Biden to the curb and putting up a candidate that they fell can easily beat Trump. It's a wild card, but it's in their playbook.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think that the Dems will do whatever it takes to beat Trump. That includes kicking Biden to the curb and putting up a candidate that they fell can easily beat Trump. It's a wild card, but it's in their playbook.

getting a bit late for that... Newsome imo is their only other path to victory if they would boot Joe, and they're unlikely to do that.  Newsome running for 2028 seems like a sure bet... and probably against Desantis.  so much to look forward to :sarcasm1: unless Trump declares himself King and never leaves office. 9_9

are you sensing my optimism?  :roflcrying:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It's not just Biden, it's the entire administration and the entire Democrat Party............pure trash.

are you capable of having an adult conversation? 

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

getting a bit late for that... Newsome imo is their only other path to victory if they would boot Joe, and they're unlikely to do that.  Newsome running for 2028 seems like a sure bet... and probably against Desantis.  so much to look forward to :sarcasm1: unless Trump declares himself King and never leaves office. 9_9

are you sensing my optimism?  :roflcrying:

It's getting late but a card that they still may play depending how the next few months go for Biden.