Check your account email address ×

i waTcHeD iT 0veR tHE INTERNET...

On 2/19/2024 at 1:05 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

they seemed a tad sharper than most Canadians 

We have our own idiots.

In fact our leader is a shining example.

5 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

We have our own idiots.

In fact our leader is a shining example.

when the far left and far right try to control the narrative... we're all basically going to get fucked. 

and here we are... 

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

when the far left and far right try to control the narrative... we're all basically going to get fucked. 

and here we are... 

The fact we group people into far this, far that etc shows how little we think, in general.

I try so see things in ways I would not normally agree with.

Trying to disprove one's own hypothesis and process is a great start.

Trying the same thing over and over, electing the same types over and over,  expecting a different result is futile,

• Thanks 1

Just now, Voodoo said:

The fact we group people into far this, far that etc shows how little we think, in general.

I try so see things in ways I would not normally agree with.

Trying to disprove one's own hypothesis and process is a great start.

Trying the same thing over and over, electing the same types over and over,  expecting a different result is futile,

let's start with this simple term as an example that I see here on a regular basis... RINO(s)

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

let's start with this simple term as an example that I see here on a regular basis... RINO(s)

I don't find that a pejorative. 

If one believes a Republican should stand for, lets say fiscal prudence, yet votes for a CR, can it not be said they are not a true Republican?

Our provincial "Conservative" premier has turned out to be worse at spending than previous "liberal" governments.

Buzz words and catch phrases are simply used by those of lesser intellect, to make the point they can not articulate.

19 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I don't find that a pejorative. 

If one believes a Republican should stand for, lets say fiscal prudence, yet votes for a CR, can it not be said they are not a true Republican?

Our provincial "Conservative" premier has turned out to be worse at spending than previous "liberal" governments.

Buzz words and catch phrases are simply used by those of lesser intellect, to make the point they can not articulate.

seems to me in certain circles and certain types... if you're not MAGA it's an automatic disqualifier.  

most of my friends, family and colleagues would get the RINO label around here, nearly all being lifelong Republicans and 'conservatives'.  

the Tea Party kooks and the far religious right started what I would label as the dysfunctional mess within the traditional Republican party and Trump smartly capitalized upon it and turned the tea party into the maga movement.  

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.

Barry Goldwater

or... 

Mark my word, if and when these tea-party types get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these magatards believe they are acting in the name of Trump, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.

Every current rational Republican disgusted by Trump and his politics.

but his policies... :crazy:

the juice isn't worth the squeeze

Trump is Cancer

Most unfortunate we are locked in a party system.

If one must hold one's nose while voting, have we truly been given a choice?

I have little use for preachers, and not enough knowledge on what made a tea party member click, to draw an opinion.

The primary goal of a party is to be elected and once in power, stay there.

The actual good of the electorate takes a back seat.

If I dislike the preacher that votes beside me, yet his vote will bring my preferred choice to power, it is a poor choice at best, but the only rational one given the alternatives.

Calling someone RINO, or communist etc, does little to enhance debate.

Edited by Voodoo

38 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Most unfortunate we are locked in a party system.

If one must hold one's nose while voting, have we truly been given a choice?

I have little use for preachers, and not enough knowledge on what made a tea party member click, to draw an opinion.

The primary goal of a party is to be elected and once in power, stay there.

The actual good of the electorate takes a back seat.

If I dislike the preacher that votes beside me, yet his vote will bring my preferred choice to power, it is a poor choice at best, but the only rational one given the alternatives.

Calling someone RINO, or communist etc, does little to enhance debate.

Dictator supporter I see.

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Dictator supporter I see.

Not at all, quite the opposite.

I am as freedom loving as they come.

I will gladly remove the authoritarian dictator we have in Canada, by vote,  and hopefully put in someone who does things not by decree or order in council.

If Canada continues down the path we have, voting will be less and less relevant, as outside economic forces dictate more and more our direction and quality of life.

Your inability to see this astounds me.