Check your account email address ×

There will be no 1982 model Arctic Cat or Scorpion snowmobiles.

I was 12 and wanted that JD Liquifier BAD

but our Citation SS was still pretty good in the woods for a twelve year old 

IMG_20220807_120710643.thumb.jpg.322fa1975d5a9952338fbb90357dc89f.jpg

what's funny thinking back is the amount of miles of trails we had as kids through private property in the woods, fields and often right through neighbors yards.   it was actually kinda rare to go riding on the 'groomed snowmobile trails'.

how we did all that without mountain sleds on small lug short track sleds is just baffling.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's funny thinking back is the amount of miles of trails we had as kids through private property in the woods, fields and often right through neighbors yards.   it was actually kinda rare to go riding on the 'groomed snowmobile trails'.

how we did all that without mountain sleds on small lug short track sleds is just baffling.

You could say that about any number of things that you use today.  EFI, a arm suspension, decent shocks, long travel suspension, rider forward positioning.  So what's your point?  Most people aren't buying mountain sleds to ride through yards or whatever anyway.

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You could say that about any number of things that you use today.  EFI, a arm suspension, decent shocks, long travel suspension, rider forward positioning.  So what's your point?  Most people aren't buying mountain sleds to ride through yards or whatever anyway.

I find it ironically funny and was just reminiscing a bit, relax Jag man.  :)

BOY, did we ever get SNOW back then as well... unlike today with all the woke global warming and having these pricey high tech snowmobiles sitting idle in our garages and trailers.   when I was a kid we'd have been out slaying the fresh four inches of snow we received last night through the neighborhood ten minutes after getting off the school bus.  today... very few places a kid can do that.

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

BOY, did we ever get SNOW back then as well... unlike today with all the woke global warming and having these pricey high tech snowmobiles sitting idle in our garages and trailers.   when I was a kid we'd have been out slaying the fresh four inches of snow we received last night through the neighborhood ten minutes after getting off the school bus.  today... very few places a kid can do that.

The vast majority of land area, people can easily ride from their home.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

The vast majority of land area, people can easily ride from their home.

maybe where you reside... around here, very seldom.  only one of my local riding buddies can hit the trail from his house... because the trail goes through his dad's adjacent property.  the neighborhood I grew up in back then was 38 homes, two huge farms and undeveloped woods.  the same neighborhood today has over 400 homes in it and not an acre of farmland.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That's MR Jag man to you! :lol:

7 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I'm glad I live where I do. Trail is 3 miles of ditch away.

there's a chunk of property along the river a few miles north of us I'd love to get for a pole barn/man cave right on the trail... but that old farmer won't let a single acre of it go, which I get.  have stopped a couple times when I've seen him outside and left my contact info.  his kids will probably sell it to a developer to build a fucking subdivision... ironically . :/ 

I was a freshman in college when Cat went under.  Even though I was riding Polaris at the time, I was always a fan of both Cat and the Cuyuna miners, so that was a big deal.

When Textron finally let go of Polaris around that same time period, there was barely anyone left to make snowmobiles.  The number of models was what...  5?

That was a rough time for snowmobilers.  It's easy to forget how bleak it was.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I was a freshman in college when Cat went under.  Even though I was riding Polaris at the time, I was always a fan of both Cat and the Cuyuna miners, so that was a big deal.

When Textron finally let go of Polaris around that same time period, there was barely anyone left to make snowmobiles.  The number of models was what...  5?

sadly, Ski-Doo survived 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I grew up riding a scorpion. Dad still has a few. 

Screenshot_20240215_145525_Facebook.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I was born in 82 so my birth coincides with the re-birth of Cat.  One in the same.  Rising like a beautiful phoenix from the ashes.

at what point will Textron own you? 

it's inevitable...

18 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I was born in 82 so my birth coincides with the re-birth of Cat.  One in the same.  Rising like a beautiful phoenix from the ashes.

Well they were building the new 84's in 83 when I was born so there's that. 

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Professor Dickhead teaching: How to respond like an asshole 101.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Well goddamn you’re a young whippersnapper! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2024 at 12:28 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

😁

429812283_801588031986911_2118298893594432722_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2