Check your account email address ×

Computer Question(s)

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You cut off the top ones.  Send Anywhere could possibly disable sleep as it would force it not to work.  I have never used that, but by default that sort of program could be a culprit.

I just uninstalled "Send Anywhere".

It's not a program.  It is just the command prompt and access to built in windows tools.  That is more confusing than taking care of the settings first.  If you reset everything, reboot and see if it still doesn't sleep.  

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It's not a program.  It is just the command prompt and access to built in windows tools.  That is more confusing than taking care of the settings first.  If you reset everything, reboot and see if it still doesn't sleep.  

You run a program from the command prompt.:lol:

56 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

If you hit the power button and tell it to sleep it still won't as well?

It will sleep then every time doing that.

What it won't do is sleep automatically when I set it to sleep for whatever amount of time.

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

So I just installed Win 11 on it and still won't auto sleep..oh well I can just click sleep manually in the power menu.

Earlier in the thread that manual button didn't work either, right?  If so, it is a program that is keeping it from working.  Curious if after a reboot if you run NOTHING but login, will it auto sleep then?

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Earlier in the thread that manual button didn't work either, right?  If so, it is a program that is keeping it from working.  Curious if after a reboot if you run NOTHING but login, will it auto sleep then?

It did work, I had misunderstood your question back then, I also had never used it before, I used hibernate or shut down.

I tried just logging in and nothing else running on the screen, let it sit for +/-15 minutes while I used one of the other computers.

Using sleep instead of shut down or hibernate works and it's what I've been using (per your suggestion) when I walk away from the computer for awhile.

BTW, I have another Win11 AIO Touch screen coming this week, 24 inch Dell.. I will likely sell this one, it's also a Dell AIO 24 inch Touchscreen.. works great except the sleep thingy, I paid $890+tax for this one, $100 takes it, also have a seperate 22 inch monitor for sale $50, I used it for my Win 8.1 which I gave away a few days ago, I kept the Monitor as it's newer and didn't want to just give it away.

1 minute ago, Plissken said:

So your PC is still woke?  Have you tried calling it a libtard a few times?  

Oh, I've called it a few names, LOL

It's actually been a good Computer, had a new HD put in awhile back as I mentioned above a few posts..I do believe that's when the auto sleep thing happened, other than that feature it's been a great computer, I use it everyday.

12 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Oh, I've called it a few names, LOL

It's actually been a good Computer, had a new HD put in awhile back as I mentioned above a few posts..I do believe that's when the auto sleep thing happened, other than that feature it's been a great computer, I use it everyday.

Did you install too much Java?

10 hours ago, Plissken said:

Did you install too much Java?

Ok, looked up Java.. checked all installed apps and default apps, I don't recall installing any that are on both lists but did uninstall a few that I would never use.