Check your account email address ×

It’s time to limit travel with carbon passports

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Of course it won’t. But it gives the paranoid types something to keep em awake at night. The worse thing is that America’s draconian approaches of sanctions and covert/overt military adventures only serves to empower these elite assholes. 

Would be harder to implement in the US because you have a fairly strong constitution but do you honestly think they won’t try that in Canada or Germany 

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Would be harder to implement in the US because you have a fairly strong constitution but do you honestly think they won’t try that in Canada or Germany 

It would mean a serious economic blow to tourism, air travel, and hospitality. Not to mention the industrial base. They have extremely strong lobbies and are a major financial influence of politicians across the world. 

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It would mean a serious economic blow to tourism, air travel, and hospitality. Not to mention the industrial base. They have extremely strong lobbies and are a major financial influence of politicians across the world. 

I know it sounds ridiculous, however the thought cancer is out there 

And like I mentioned previously I never thought it would be illegal for me to go to a restaurant and illegal to buy a gas powered car. Yet here we are 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

That’s some seriously retarded pie in the sky shit.   It will never happen.

Neal

Some missed that it's a commentary apparently. 

Editor’s Note: The views expressed in this commentary are solely those of the writer. CNN is showcasing the work of The Conversation, a collaboration between journalists and academics to provide news analysis and commentary. The content is produced solely by The Conversation.

2 hours ago, Rod said:

I know it sounds ridiculous, however the thought cancer is out there 

And like I mentioned previously I never thought it would be illegal for me to go to a restaurant and illegal to buy a gas powered car. Yet here we are 

You can go to a restaurant and you can buy a gas powered car though.  You are being hysterically obtuse in your replies.

Neal

10 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You can go to a restaurant and you can buy a gas powered car though.  You are being hysterically obtuse in your replies.

Neal

I can now, but wasn’t allowed to during Covid. For anti science reasons 

And I believe by 2030 gas cars are illegal here. Starting 2026 a very limited allowed amount 

so tell me, how is pointing out reality being “hysterically obtuse”?

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

I can now, but wasn’t allowed to during Covid. For anti science reasons 

And I believe by 2030 gas cars are illegal here. Starting 2026 a very limited allowed amount 

so tell me, how is pointing out reality being “hysterically obtuse”?

In your whole providence there will be no new gas powered cars for sale. No used gas cars nor private sales?

Where is that law at, that absurd fuckery if that’s law.

Neal

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

In your whole providence there will be no new gas powered cars for sale. No used gas cars nor private sales?

Where is that law at, that absurd fuckery if that’s law.

Neal

I’m not going to bother searching but iirc the government is phasing out gas powered cars federally starting 2026 and a full ban by 2030 

maybe it’s a bit later idk but it is a real thing 

17 minutes ago, Rod said:

I’m not going to bother searching but iirc the government is phasing out gas powered cars federally starting 2026 and a full ban by 2030 

maybe it’s a bit later idk but it is a real thing 

Looks like 2035 for light duty vehicles, although plugin hybrids are an exception.

Good luck with that!  :lol:

Neal

no... but we should be able to kill every last mother fucker at the airport who insists upon having an air pod phone conversation speaking loud enough for everyone in 100 yards to hear him. 

you should have just heard this douche nozzle in Miami a couple weeks ago... what a f'ng 'important' moron he thought he was.  wife made a  quiet comment to me and I said just loud enough... 'yet he's flying commercial in coach with the rest of us slobs'.   that got a laugh from a few others... :roflcrying:

6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Looks like 2035 for light duty vehicles, although plugin hybrids are an exception.

Good luck with that!  :lol:

Neal

I think they classified light duty at 9900 kg GVW or less so that technically includes 2500’s here 

and it’s a slow roll out. Meaning if 2035 is the full ban then they’re starting by 2026 or something. So you can still buy one but they’ll sell out by February or some junk 

it’s absolutely stupidity but that’s what I mean by how this carbon passport seems like insanity but it’s also Not without precedence