Check your account email address ×

Extended forecast for Northeast looks bleak

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

Cool! Are you staying in the same general area?

How's the new job going? Do you miss being on the road?

Yep, moving in with my girlfriend, she lives in Baldwinsville I'm in East Syracuse it's about 15 miles west of where I'm at now.

New job is great, little slow this time of the year for us, not many people driving exotics in the winter up here..lol.. But we have project cars to work on to keep busy. We are LS swapping a Porsche 914 currently and a Rover we are doing a motor on. Then my car is coming in for a new motor sometime in February when the motor is done being built. Definitely not missing being on the road anymore. I was in a funk with that job of not wanting to go do things on the weekends cuz I was always on the go during the week. I couldn't stand being in a car on my days off..But I've gotten that want back to get out and do things.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yep, moving in with my girlfriend, she lives in Baldwinsville I'm in East Syracuse it's about 15 miles west of where I'm at now.

New job is great, little slow this time of the year for us, not many people driving exotics in the winter up here..lol.. But we have project cars to work on to keep busy. We are LS swapping a Porsche 914 currently and a Rover we are doing a motor on. Then my car is coming in for a new motor sometime in February when the motor is done being built. Definitely not missing being on the road anymore. I was in a funk with that job of not wanting to go do things on the weekends cuz I was always on the go during the week. I couldn't stand being in a car on my days off..But I've gotten that want back to get out and do things.

That's awesome Tony! Glad to hear that things are going well. :bc:

• Thanks 1

Just now, ckf said:

That's awesome Tony! Glad to hear that things are going well. :bc:

Thanks John, been really happy with life the past year and a half..:bc:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Thanks John, been really happy with life the past year and a half..:bc:

You deserve it my friend. You've worked your ass off to get where you are :bc:

• Thanks 1

Just now, ckf said:

You deserve it my friend. You've worked your ass off to get where you are :bc:

Thank you Sir! Means a lot

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 11:05 AM, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Always on the borderline of snow and rain where I live. When we do get snow here it is often big with a Noreaster. But looks to be mostly rain this time.....maybe an inch or two before changeover. Snowblower will sit again and wasn't running too good anyway....think I have some carb issues with old gas.

21 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Ah gotta run em dry for storage. 

Just threw some fresh 93 in my old Girl lol, took about 10 pulls sputted for a little but running good now. Be nice to throw some snow for a change. 

3D697783-3BDC-4D88-8E0C-EC38A9911690.jpeg

Try running some mechanic in a bottle in them, JMO good stuff.

Amazon.com: B3C Fuel Solutions Mechanic in A Bottle, 24 oz : Automotive

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Try running some mechanic in a bottle in them, JMO good stuff.

Amazon.com: B3C Fuel Solutions Mechanic in A Bottle, 24 oz : Automotive

Thnx... Just got done.... Seems the more I used it the better it ran so maybe the dirt worked its way through..... Did okay considering it's nothing but slush for the most part got stuck in the shoot a few times but got the job done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Kids rode around for a little bit earlier. I might go out later and blow the fluff off and till the lawn 😂.IMG_4864.thumb.jpeg.106902fb15d3dc49d2899b686329270c.jpegIMG_4861.thumb.jpeg.5294c5eb4c34df6f3088253057d97279.jpeg

That's awesome!  :bc:

• Like 2

Just now, Mainecat said:

Comin down an inch an hour now.

We've gotten more than I expected. It looks like 4 to 5 inches so far. The forecast for Wednesday has been trending cooler. Now they are calling for 4" of snow before warming to about 40⁰ and a half of an inch of rain. Maybe there will be a little bit of base on the trails when it cools down after.

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

We've gotten more than I expected. It looks like 4 to 5 inches so far. The forecast for Wednesday has been trending cooler. Now they are calling for 4" of snow before warming to about 40⁰ and a half of an inch of rain. Maybe there will be a little bit of base on the trails when it cools down after.

55 here Wednesday 

:wtf:

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

55 here Wednesday 

:wtf:

On a positive note we are saving on heating costs. We haven't been below zero here yet and the 10 looks to be fairly mild :dunno:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ckf said:

On a positive note we are saving on heating costs. We haven't been below zero here yet and the 10 looks to be fairly mild :dunno:

Yup that’s great!

Just updated the snowfall to 16”

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yup that’s great!

Just updated the snowfall to 16”

I just got topped off with kerosene last week. It was 4.20 a gallon.  That's a stoner price for sure :lol:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just got topped off with kerosene last week. It was 4.20 a gallon.  That's a stoner price for sure :lol:

How much Kero you go through in a winter?? I get by with one 250gal tank since I got the propane fireplace. Before the fireplace it was 750gal a winter

Edited by Rigid1
Add some info

16 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

How much Kero you go through in a winter?? I get by with one 250gal tank since I got the propane fireplace. Before the fireplace it was 750gal a winter

Probably around 350 - 400 gallons if it is a cold winter. I expect the 275 gallons that we have now to get us through the rest of the winter. At least it isn't close to $6 a gallon anymore.

We do close of a lot of area that we don't use.  We don't even use the small monitor in the dining area unless we have family over for dinner. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Probably around 350 - 400 gallons if it is a cold winter. I expect the 275 gallons that we have now to get us through the rest of the winter. At least it isn't close to $6 a gallon anymore.

We do close of a lot of area that we don't use.  We don't even use the small monitor in the dining area unless we have family over for dinner. 

That's not bad at all John.

Agree, when it was $6/gal my bank account felt like I was back to burning 750 gallons a season..:mc:

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

That's not bad at all John.

Agree, when it was $6/gal my bank account felt like I was back to burning 750 gallons a season..:mc:

We keep it on the cool side and dress appropriately. Most of the time the furnace and other Monitor are set to 66⁰ at the highest during the day. 

Nice seeing snow in the trees finally, now that's it's settled we definitely got a solid 10"

IMG_20240107_155847292_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Nice seeing snow in the trees finally, now that's it's settled we definitely got a solid 10"

IMG_20240107_155847292_HDR.jpg

Your forcast isn't to promising for it sticking around. :sad:

• Sad 1

We don't usually get much from the big east coast storms. A lot of ours comes a couple of inches every few days. Most of the time it doesn't even show up on the radar.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ckf said:

We don't usually get much from the big east coast storms. A lot of ours comes a couple of inches every few days. Most of the time it doesn't even show up on the radar.

It's snowing lightly right now and the radar is showing nothing. 

Screenshot_20240107-162338.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1