Check your account email address ×

Giuliani Ordered to Pay $148 Million to Election Workers He Defamed

Giuliani Ordered to Pay $148 Million to Election Workers He Defamed

Source: Rolling Stone

Rudy Giuliani has been ordered to pay two Georgia election workers a total of $148 million for spreading defamatory conspiracy theories about them in the aftermath of the 2020 election.

The eight person jury reached the decision unanimously on Friday after deliberating for two days. The jury found Giuliani owes Wandrea ArShaye “Shaye” Moss and her mother Ruby Freeman $16,998,000 and $16,171,000, respectively, for defamation; $20 million a piece for emotional distress; and $75 million total in punitive damages. The payout totals over $148 million.

Moss and Freeman sued Giuliani in December of last year, alleging that the attorney had falsely accused them of manipulating the 2020 presidential vote in Georgia. In August, Giuliani was found liable for spreading false claims about Moss and Freeman. This week’s trial focused solely on the amount of money the former New York mayor and Trump attorney owed the two women. 

During the trial, both women testified about the extent to which the conspiracies spread by Giuliani upended their lives and endangered their safety. On Tuesday, Moss described running to her hairdresser and begging her to help change her appearance after realizing that she’d become the target of a right-wing mob egged on by Giuliani. She told the court that the threats and harassment caused her to fear for her life. 

Read more: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/rudy-giuliani-148-million-defamed-election-workers-1234930268/

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, hayward said:

Hey, next time, he can gladly blame me.  I'll take any type of threats for a pay day like that!

$148 million worth of reparations!  Who comes up with this shit? :lol:

Fuck you….you're a complete ignorant fuck for missing the point 

48 minutes ago, hayward said:

Hey, next time, he can gladly blame me.  I'll take any type of threats for a pay day like that!

$148 million worth of reparations!  Who comes up with this shit? :lol:

Yep. Who the fuck comes up with those values for a butt hurt?

What do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the sea?

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

You might be enough proof yourself ! :thumb:

:lol:

I'm an Irish immigrant :owned: About as much Canadian blood as all them evil folks crossing your puny weak pathetic border. Canada doesn't have that issue either.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, HSR said:

I'm an Irish immigrant :owned: About as much Canadian blood as all them evil folks crossing your puny weak pathetic border. Canada doesn't have that issue either.

No wonder you are so angry, bitter and emotional .

• Haha 1