Check your account email address ×

A New Holiday Classic

37 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Is that the shitty XLT with the worst Doo triple ever a 98 700? Two pieces of junk

98’s we’re junk 

they did some updates to the outer PTO bearing in 99+ that helped a lot 

Just now, Rod said:

98’s we’re junk 

You're giving me flashbacks.  Thankfully those were my gloriouse SRX 700 years.  Couple buddies had them though.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Rod said:

98’s we’re junk 

My dealer put three new cranks in my 98 when it was new. Drilled the PTO oiling hole on the third one and said I'm on my own now according to BRP. 99 they went to ISO and added a seal on the PTO side  :bc:  

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

You're giving me flashbacks.  Thankfully those were my gloriouse SRX 700 years.  Couple buddies had them though.

Yeah my 700 had troubles with those damn things back then  :sad: Just seen a nice one on FakeBook for sale...beautiful machine!

Just now, Skidooski said:

My dealer put three new cranks in my 98 when it was new. Drilled the PTO oiling hole on the third one and said I'm on my own now according to BRP. 99 they went to ISO and added a seal on the PTO side  :bc:  

Yeah. 97 and down the PTO bearings were just pressed against each other and the outer scavenged oil from the inner and they were decent 

98 they lengthened them crank and spaced the PTO bearings about 1/2” apart for stability, but then the outer bearing got zero lube at all and would constantly squeak itself 

the 99+ with the updated seal and ISO actually lasted pretty good 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Loved my SRX…of course my back could handle it back in the day.😂🥴

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Man those things can rail a corner 

but their suspension makes my 96 Mach look good lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Oooff.  Sure were nice out on the lake though.  Damn those things had some top end.  My uncle was huge into Yamahas back then and a clutching guru.  Shaved those things down to give an overdrive, notched weights, thing felt like it was a power shifting 3 speed.  122 mph on radar.  His hit 126 with a stock motor.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Damn....it sold in one day with a listing price of $3800

Product photo of 2000 Yamaha SRX 700

Now I had movement.  Damn that thing looks factory fresh. It might hold its value if he keeps it in mothballs.  Is that a 2000+?  They were hugely improved over the 98-99s

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

Now I had movement.  Damn that thing looks factory fresh. It might hold its value if he keeps it in mothballs.

I almost PM'd the guy to try and buy it. She's a beaut! 

Just now, Skidooski said:

I almost PM'd the guy to try and buy it. She's a beaut! 

I still love the sound of those things.  An old riding buddy who got out of the sport, gave me his 2000 SXr that had literally just been sitting in his shed for 15 years.  I went through it, new reeds, carb boots, etc., got it running good.   I thought it would be a good beater to keep around for the farm fields or bring north for cruising around the ice shacks.  But i got tired of roping it and not having reverse and selling it for a grand.  Got spoiled on the new iron.  Kind of wished I'd held onto it now.

16711642_10212408556638987_314684101040448674_n.jpg

• Like 3

I still love the sound of those things.  An old riding buddy who got out of the sport, gave me his 2000 SXr that had literally just been sitting in his shed for 15 years.  I went through it, new reeds, carb boots, etc., got it running good.   I thought it would be a good beater to keep around for the farm fields or bring north for cruising around the ice shacks.  But i got tired of roping it and not having reverse and selling it for a grand.  Got spoiled on the new iron.  Kind of wished I'd held onto it now.

16711642_10212408556638987_314684101040448674_n.jpg

I was doing a saddle bag trip, 2000 I think it was, a day or two riding north of lake Superior and threw out my back trying to get my sled out of the barn. That sucked but still good memories because I could ride just couldn't walk  :lol:

Electronic reverse and electric start really helped my back after that

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Now I had movement.  Damn that thing looks factory fresh. It might hold its value if he keeps it in mothballs.  Is that a 2000+?  They were hugely improved over the 98-99s

Think only the 2000’s were all blue and they were the best ones