Check your account email address ×

Delusional

Former President Donald Trump is being driven further and further into insanity by resentment over "public humiliation," psychiatrist Dr. Mark Goulston told Salon's Chauncey DeVega in an interview compilation released on Thursday.

This comes as the former president raises alarm from experts over his increasingly authoritarian-sounding schemes for the U.S., including reshaping the entire federal government in his image and using the DOJ to attack political enemies — to the point he was not even able to deny planning a dictatorship when asked by Fox News' Sean Hannity.

Goulston, not having interviewed Trump directly, isn't in a position to diagnose him formally — but, he told DeVega, he has the clear signs of narcissistic rage, which, per Medical News Today, "stems from a deep-seated fear of exposure as inadequate or not living up to an ideal self-image that the individual projects."

"What is relevant about the above is that the greater the sense of humiliation, the greater the rage," said Goulston. "And if not winning the 2020 election wasn't humiliating enough, the thought of losing to Joe Biden may have been so much of a public humiliation as to push Trump over into a delusional state of mind. If that is so, it is not enough to just claim the election was stolen, but he may now be seeking to expunge it from the record and history books. Trump's latest rants are consistent with this."

Things could worsen still further as Trump spirals, Goulston speculated — for instance, people should watch for him claiming his actions were ordained by God.

As for how to protect the public, he concluded, "Perhaps we could reach out to his base and ask them if they can remember anyone from their high school or college days who in the face of utter public humiliation went off the deep end with destructive behavior. I can certainly remember a few."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-loser-2666471228/

reminds me of some on here... 9_9

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You’re a con man enabler. :thumbsup:

does that touch a nerve? 

fuse-delicate.gif

are you voting for Trump in the primary so can get your dream match up of Trump vs Biden 2.0 ?

you should be careful what you wish for... ;)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

does that touch a nerve? 

fuse-delicate.gif

are you voting for Trump in the primary so get get your dream match up of Trump vs Biden 2.0 ?

you should be careful what you wish for... ;)

I vote for people not against someone :thumbsup:  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, old indy said:

Still tryna push the dictator lie huh??  why am i not surprised.  what a hack pc...             my take of that pile of shit is they are scared shitless Trump is going to win.  

The fear makes no sense. A Trump presidency would have zero effect on my life or anyone else’s for that matter. Same as a second Biden presidency. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

I prefer our democracy over the alternative.  Keep pouting and watch it slip away :snack: 

democracy is one party rule? 

interesting... 

1 minute ago, old indy said:

Still tryna push the dictator lie huh??  why am i not surprised.  what a hack pc...             my take of that pile of shit is they are scared shitless Trump is going to win.  

of course... he's been an authoritarian his entire life.  what makes you think otherwise? 

he will win if @SnowRider gets his way.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The fear makes no sense. A Trump presidency would have zero effect on my life or anyone else’s for that matter. Same as a second Biden presidency. 

either you start toying with people's emotions here or stay out of my TDS threads... 

:roflcrying:

3 minutes ago, old indy said:

You seriously dont think having a weak, senile, failing old man in office effects your life?

Not on the fucking least. And of yours has then you’re a cunt. There’s just no other way to look at it. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Dictatorship would never work in the US. The country is hanging together by a thin thread as it is. A dictatorship would put the major cities into a gigantic riot scene that would literally collapse commerce. 

I think a lot of American's would accept a dictatorship given they agreed on the issues and way they governed.  Big cities especially.  Acceptance of the COVID lockdowns and mandates made that very clear. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I think a lot of American's would accept a dictatorship given they agreed on the issues and way they governed.  Big cities especially.  Acceptance of the COVID lockdowns and mandates made that very clear. 

Nonsense. Americans are too fickle. Always changing their minds and going for the next big fad. Dictatorships are the imposition of a static atmosphere. Never work. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Nonsense. Americans are too fickle. Always changing their minds and going for the next big fad. Dictatorships are the imposition of a static atmosphere. Never work. 

I don't doubt for a second that most liberals would accept a dictatorship that gave "free" healthcare, "free" daycare, "free" college, state run energy, elimination of all personally owned firearms, unlimited abortion, mandatory confiscation of 100% of any income above a certain threshold.   

Not saying some conservatives would accept it for the opposite.   That's a lot of Americans.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I don't doubt for a second that most liberals would accept a dictatorship that gave "free" healthcare, "free" daycare, "free" college, state run energy, elimination of all personally owned firearms, unlimited abortion, mandatory confiscation of 100% of any income above a certain threshold.   

Not saying some conservatives would accept it for the opposite.   That's a lot of Americans.   

You’re right. Conservatives would accept a right wing dictator that told them all hospitals would be closed because they don’t deserve medical care according to god. :lol: