Check your account email address ×

The slow demise of green energy?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Someone put Bohica on suicide watch.  :lol:  

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/slow-demise-green-energy

According to BloombergNEF, at least half of U.S. wind contracts have or are at risk of being terminated.  The causes are typically due to skyrocketing inflation, high interest rates, choked supply chains and financial troubles. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Same thing is happening with the small, modular nuclear reactors that were scheduled to come online 2029. Canceled. Plans for gas fired power plants are also being ditched due to a loss in government subsidies. 

So our energy needs are growing almost exponentially and most energy production facility projects are not moving forward.   Brilliant country we live in. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So our energy needs are growing almost exponentially and most energy production facility projects are not moving forward.   Brilliant country we live in. 

I cooked breakfast from solar and lithium this morning. Didn’t cost me a dime. Heated my house with .3 gallons of gasoline last night. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

I cooked breakfast from solar and lithium this morning. Didn’t cost me a dime. Heated my house with .3 gallons of gasoline last night. 

I may eventually do the Tesla solar roof when it comes time for needing new shingles. 

Not much savings for me for heating my home since I'm on Geothermal.  I heat a lot of cubic ft of air for not much over what you spent.

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I cooked breakfast from solar and lithium this morning. Didn’t cost me a dime. Heated my house with .3 gallons of gasoline last night

Genny? Honda 2000?

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Webasto Airtop. Last Christmas I stayed warm at -15F. About the size of a loaf of bread. Draws gasoline directly out of the van’s fuel tank. 

https://www.webasto-comfort.com/en-us/heating-solutions/marine/air-heaters/

Oh nice. Do you carry a genny with you just in case?

Edited by Steve753

• Gold Member

Just crossed over 50 mwhs of production yesterday in about 2.5 years.  Haven’t had to buy gas for vehicles for months now and have not had to buy electricity at home for 2.5 years now.  

IMG_3849.png

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Someone put Bohica on suicide watch.  :lol:  

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/slow-demise-green-energy

According to BloombergNEF, at least half of U.S. wind contracts have or are at risk of being terminated.  The causes are typically due to skyrocketing inflation, high interest rates, choked supply chains and financial troubles. 

So much losing, it's all Democrats do is lose, lose, lose. :lmao:

Just now, Steve753 said:

They beat Trump.

:lol:

:bc:

......and America lost. Democrat voters are way too emotional and extremely stupid. It was hard for Trump to compete against the big fat lie of student loan forgiveness. That lie alone brought out the youth and their parents to the booth like never before. Women also, way too stupid to see his policies were working but they hated the man so much because of his personality.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

......and America lost. Democrat voters are way too emotional and extremely stupid. It was hard for Trump to compete against the big fat lie of student loan forgiveness. That lie alone brought out the youth and their parents to the booth like never before. Women also, way too stupid to see his policies were working but they hated the man so much because of his personality.

I dont think loan forgiveness was on the table in 2020. That was a mid term thing.

12 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I dont think loan forgiveness was on the table in 2020. That was a mid term thing.

Dead wrong, he campaigned on that subject well before the 2020 election and leading up to it.

2020 presidential candidates on student loan debt

Student loan Debt

Democratic candidates

Joe Biden

Joe Biden wrote in a Medium post, "I propose to forgive all undergraduate tuition-related federal student debt from two- and four-year public colleges and universities for debt-holders earning up to $125,000, with appropriate phase-outs to avoid a cliff. The federal government would pay the monthly payment in lieu of the borrower until the forgivable portion of the loan was paid off. This benefit would also apply to individuals holding federal student loans for tuition from private HBCUs and MSIs."

He listed the following additional proposals: "Immediately cancel a minimum of $10,000 of student debt per person, as proposed by Senator Warren in the midst of the coronavirus crisis. Those earning less than $25,000 per year will not have to make monthly payments and will accrue no interest Those earning more than $25,000 per year will pay no more than 5% of discretionary income toward payments After 20 years, the remainder of federal student loans will be forgiven without any tax burden Those who participate in public service will be eligible for additional federal loan forgiveness, including $10,000 per year of forgiveness for up to five years." [source]

Edited by snoughnut
  • Like 2

Biden’s apocalyptic green fantasies will bankrupt us all

Carla Sands
4 min read

Nuclear war would                                 be less bad than global warming above                                 1.5 degrees, says Joe Biden

Nuclear war would be less bad than global warming above 1.5 degrees, says Joe Biden - AP

At the G20 conference this month, President Biden stated that “the only existential threat humanity faces even more frightening than a – than a nuclear war is global warming going above 1.5 degrees in the next 20 – 10 years. We’re – that’d be real trouble.”

This isn’t the first time President Biden has made this concerning comparison. However, the “real trouble” is the Biden Administration’s commitment to using this apocalyptic narrative to justify its ongoing war on American energy, which jeopardizes our national security.

Cries of “existential threat” work to drown out dissenting voices, as these prophets of doom are beset by contradictions – both in their extreme premise and radical policy prescriptions. Take President Biden’s warning that, somewhere in the 10- to 20-year range, the world will be set to be obliterated in a manner worse than nuclear war. He followed with an assertion that those who don’t see “the light” on global warming are “lying, dog-faced pony soldiers.”

Yet, despite pushing a rapid end to fossil fuels based on this narrative, President Biden himself acknowledged in February that America will “need oil for at least another decade … and beyond that.” Even the head of the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, famous for its dire predictions, has admitted that “the world won’t end if it warms by more than 1.5 degrees.”

However, “emergency” remains a convenient way to justify expansion of government control and policies that fail cost-benefit analysis. Unfortunately, climate myopia has produced policies so ill-considered that they fail to pass muster even if one fully accepts the apocalyptic premise. It is no wonder that former Biden Administration climate advisor Gina McCarthy hoped that tech companies would “jump in” to stifle all debate, decrying criticism of climate change policy prescriptions as “equally dangerous to denial because we have to move fast.”

Take electric vehicles. Not content with limiting consumer choice with massive taxpayer subsidies and job-killing de facto EV mandates for civilians, the Biden Administration continues to push electrification for the US military. This follows President Biden’s pledge that the US will spend “billions of dollars” to ensure “every vehicle in the United States military” is “climate-friendly.” Meanwhile, the US Energy Secretary recently faced charging issues on a short trip in an EV from Charlotte to Memphis.

Instead of prioritizing military readiness or market-driven innovation, billions of dollars fall into politically connected pockets as American families face inflation and increasing regulatory intrusions into their daily lives. Unfortunately, these intrusions now range from cars to water heaters – all while policies consistently fail to meet climate goals. One would laugh at the absurdity if our futures weren’t at stake.

Or take energy leasing. Earlier this month, the Biden Administration announced the cancellation of all remaining oil and gas leases issued in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and moved to ban any new oil drilling on 10.6 million acres of the National Petroleum Reserve. This comes as Russia pursues ambitious plans for drilling in the Arctic and OPEC+ promises production cuts.

Now a barrel of oil heads toward $100, and Americans face gas prices nearing $4. And with policies discouraging US production, America is ill-positioned to respond. Today, our Nation remains well below projected production had it retained the last administration’s pro-energy policies. As prices rise and Putin lines his pockets, Americans and our allies are deprived of the economic benefits of American energy.

Further, the Biden Administration’s promised transition to EVs and mineral-heavy renewables is pushing the US into further dependence on Chinese-dominated supply chains and accompanying human rights and environmental abuses. China’s greenhouse gas emissions exceed the developed world combined and continue to rise.

Instead of real environmental progress, much less stopping the promised apocalypse, the war on American energy is driving reliance on foreign nations that refuse to adopt our commitment to self-inflicted energy wounds.

We must end the war on American energy and make best use of our nation’s vast resources. We must enable all energy sources to compete on a level playing field, allowing the market to drive innovation. We have the blueprint for success: the pro-growth policies of the last administration built on the technological advances of the shale revolution, which made the US a net energy exporter while leading the world in carbon emission reductions.

Abundant, affordable American energy can power a prosperous future, drive innovation and environmental progress, bolster our national security, and strengthen our allies. It’s time to ditch the apocalyptic posturing and embrace American energy as foundational to a brighter, more secure future for generations to come.

41 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Wrong..

It baited my daughter in. She was a college student. Now that she is paying taxes and working, she is morphing her political views to the right.

• Thanks 1