Check your account email address ×

Chris Cornell won't be down for breakfast

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Soundgarden and audioslave were both bands that rocked. Never saw either live but liked their music. RIP

Got a chance to see Audioslaves first live show with Rob and Ed in Dallas. Small venue, pretty good show.

Soundgarden was one of a kind however. I had planned on going to last nights show but forgot about it. Huge bummer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

they opened for NIN when i saw them. truthfully, while good, they weren't even close to renzor's band. 

I like NIN , but they're no where near close to being as good as Soundgarden or Audioslave 

3 hours ago, Doos said:

Got a chance to see Audioslaves first live show with Rob and Ed in Dallas. Small venue, pretty good show.

Soundgarden was one of a kind however. I had planned on going to last nights show but forgot about it. Huge bummer.

Wife's aunt and uncle went. Was talking to them about it Sunday at Mother's Day dinner.  Wish I would have went 

Watched a video from last night on YT.  Something wasn't right.  He timing was way off.  Talked to a guy I work with who was there last night. Said there was definitely something wrong and he wasn't the same 

27 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Rip

My favorite Audioslave song :bc:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cold War said:

Wife told a friend to go check on him, and apparently he hung himself

my guess would be a Michael Hutchence auto erotic thing gone bad , his bud/manager what ever found him pulled his pants on before calling . why was he on the ground with a belt around his neck? would he still not be dangling? cant blame his bud for not wanting him remembered like the INEX dead masturbator.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Ez ryder said:

my guess would be a Michael Hutchence auto erotic thing gone bad , his bud/manager what ever found him pulled his pants on before calling . why was he on the ground with a belt around his neck? would he still not be dangling? cant blame his bud for not wanting him remembered like the INEX dead masturbator.  

Why in the Fuck would you say something like that....my guess is that you're a dipshit.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Ez ryder said:

but then he was in Detroit who would not want to kill them self after spending a few days in that shit show

Wow another one...fuck you're an idiot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

but then he was in Detroit who would not want to kill them self after spending a few days in that shit show

Thats funny, I made the same tounge in cheek joke to my wife today. Truth is, the DT area where he was is pretty fucking awesome these days.

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

crazy thought....what's worse? auto erotic asphyxiation or suicide for the family. does suicide even make sense here? i donno? 

dude had the world by the balls ....I guess its tough to comprehend depression when you have never experienced it. 

18 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

crazy thought....what's worse? auto erotic asphyxiation or suicide for the family. does suicide even make sense here? i donno? 

Wife is saying no on the sucide.  talked to  him hour before found and he was not depressed.  Slurring and wasted on perscribed anti- anxiety meds.

24 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Wife is saying no on the sucide.  talked to  him hour before found and he was not depressed.  Slurring and wasted on perscribed anti- anxiety meds.

One of the side affects of the med he was on is suicidal thoughts.  Told her on the phone he took an extra one.  That's not good 

The 52 year-old Soundgarden frontman had a prescription for Ativan, the family said, and may have taken a higher dosage. Attorney Kirk Pasich noted that Ativan can cause paranoid or suicidal thoughts, slurred speech and impaired judgement.

Ativan is a tranquilizer and anti-anxiety medication that is sometimes used as a sleeping aid.

His death was ruled a suicide by hanging by the local medical examiner, but Cornell’s family called the mentions of suicide “disturbing.”

“When we spoke after the show, I noticed he was slurring his words; he was different,” his wife added. “When he told me he may have taken an extra Ativan or two, I contacted security and asked that they check on him.”

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

One of the side affects of the med he was on is suicidal thoughts.  Told her on the phone he took an extra one.  That's not good 

so what drugs? prob Clonazepam or some other hard core bennzo . if so those can have suicidal thoughts attached but from what I gather that is in the first weeks of taking and only in certain people if those thoughts do not pop up during introduction to the drug very unlikely to ever pop up . unless U suddenly stop taking them and that is deff not the case here from what the wife says .

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Losing some one to suicide is tough.  Anything feels better than they took their own life.  I lost a real good friend to suicide, talked to him hours before he killed himself. I was in complete denial for weeks that he killed himself.  Just couldn't accept that we were laughing and joking, while he had  planned  to kill himself later.

yeah  Ativan is in the LORAZEPAM family benzos . so again if he had not had suicidal tendency's on it before unlikely they just came on . and if his prescriber knew he was having those thoughts and kept giving it is prob a crime .

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Losing some one to suicide is tough.  Anything feels better than they took their own life.  I lost a real good friend to suicide, talked to him hours before he killed himself. I was in complete denial for weeks that he killed himself.  Just couldn't accept that we were laughing and joking, while he had  planned  to kill himself later.

That shit it just trippy.  We knew a friend that had a brother that struggled with depression.  One night after dinner with his family, he went out and hung himself in the woods.  Left a wife and two children   Wife said he seemed fine at dinner and went for his regular walk afterwords.  The children found him when she sent them to go get him.  Fucking tragic.  It's hard not to hate the selfishness to it all...REALLY HARD.  But you have to realize it's not all their fault.  Their shit is just wired wrong.