Check your account email address ×

Moderate Republican says he’d vote to remove 8 colleagues from GOP conference who supported McCarthy ouster

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

So your against the only real fiscal conservatives in the house?  :lol:  

EVERYTHING they were demanding was good for the American people. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They pouted because the government wasn’t shut down. :lol:  

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The vote was brought to the floor by Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), but seven other Republican members joined Gaetz and every Democratic member to remove McCarthy from his post in a 216-210 vote.  

so, you're okay with the gang of eight working with the democrats to make the Republican party look more stupid than they already did? 

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The vote was brought to the floor by Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), but seven other Republican members joined Gaetz and every Democratic member to remove McCarthy from his post in a 216-210 vote.  

so, you're okay with the gang of eight working with the democrats to make the Republican party look more stupid than they already did? 

I'm ok with anyone not making deals with Biden to give money to Ukraine.   I'm ok with anyone demanding single issue pieces of legislation.   I'm ok with anyone or any method to stop all the continuing resolutions and omnibus spending bullshit that has put us $33 trillion in debt.  I'm ok with anyone allowing for more time for legislators to read massive spending bills.   

Do you even know what they had a deal with McCarthy for and how he was breaking promises that allowed him to be speaker?

I applaud anyone for standing up for less spending even if it means going against your own party or the uni-party we now have in DC. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

So you just want more spending?  

Everything this group of legislators wants should be applauded by any American concerned with how things are being done in DC and getting a grip on spending. 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I'm ok with anyone not making deals with Biden to give money to Ukraine.   I'm ok with anyone demanding single issue pieces of legislation.   I'm ok with anyone or any method to stop all the continuing resolutions and omnibus spending bullshit that has put us $33 trillion in debt.  I'm ok with anyone allowing for more time for legislators to read massive spending bills.   

Do you even know what they had a deal with McCarthy for and how he was breaking promises that allowed him to be speaker?

I applaud anyone for standing up for less spending even if it means going against your own party or the uni-party we now have in DC. 

sure, but this wasn't a way to accomplish anything and will bite them in the ass.  8 R's... 

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

So you just want more spending?  

wtf do you think?  this stunt will ultimately backfire on them.  mark this post.

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

sure, but this wasn't a way to accomplish anything and will bite them in the ass.  8 R's..

wtf do you think?  this stunt will ultimately backfire on them.  mark this post.

How? :pc:

48 minutes ago, Highmark said:

How? :pc:

a consensus within the majority party (the R's in this case) can often accomplish a set goal.  there's clearly no unity in the R party currently to accomplish anything. 

so where was the bills and the votes?  :pc:

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

a consensus within the majority party (the R's in this case) can often accomplish a set goal.  there's clearly no unity in the R party currently to accomplish anything. 

so where was the bills and the votes?  :pc:

Well when the "consensus" within the "majority party" aligns more with the opposition someone has to have the balls to put a stop to it when they can.   :bc:

Just now, Highmark said:

Well when the "consensus" within the "majority party" aligns more with the opposition someone has to have the balls to put a stop to it when they can.   :bc:

which in this instance was eight 'republicans' and the democrats.  hell, not even the entire Freedumb caucus went along with it... why not?

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

which in this instance was eight 'republicans' and the democrats.  hell, not even the entire Freedumb caucus went along with it... why not?

Dude the democrats would have voted against anyone once it was available to them for optics alone.   They mean nothing.

Because even some in the party have more allegiance to the party than to doing whats right for the country.

For a self proclaimed deficit hawk, anti party and person who claims not to vote R very much your stance on this is hypocritical.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude the democrats would have voted against anyone once it was available to them for optics alone.   They mean nothing.

Because even some in the party have more allegiance to the party than to doing whats right for the country.  

221 Republicans

212 Democrats

8 Republican dissenters... so the other 213 Republicans are what precisely? 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

221 Republicans

212 Democrats

8 Republican dissenters... so the other 213 Republicans are what precisely? 

Not all are completely bad and obviously have their reasons for voting the way they did.   Same goes for the 8 so called dissenters.   I respect them for standing up for things I believe are good for the country and that the former speaker promised the entire Republican caucus.  McCarthy brought this on himself.  

The GOP majority in the house is slim but its still a majority and McCarthy was doing little with it to get things done in a fiscally conservative manner. 

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

For a self proclaimed deficit hawk, anti party and person who claims not to vote R very much your stance on this is hypocritical.  

I see you added on... and I'm in favor of reigning in spending and having balanced budgets as much as you or anyone else.

explain to me how these eight people could logically accomplish any of the goals you laid out without consensus within their own party? 

they played a losers game and this stunt will not likely accomplish anything other than burning down their own house.

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I see you added on... and I'm in favor of reigning in spending and having balanced budgets as much as you or anyone else.

explain to me how these eight people could logically accomplish any of the goals you laid out without consensus within their own party? 

they played a losers game and this stunt will not likely accomplish anything other than burning down their own house.

You are claiming they will not have any consensus once a new speaker is put in place.   I think there is more support for moving forward with these items than the votes showed.   Its two different things agreeing with and taking the drastic step of removing the speaker and not showing unity.

Again McCarthy brought this on himself when he continuously lied to the people who put him in power.   If they didn't do anything they would look weak and the fool.

I'm sure there was a lot of "I agree with you but maybe this isn't the best path" discussions going on.   Now that it has been done lets move forward.  

I didn't fully oppose McCarthy as speaker but he became deceitful and lacked conservative fiscal values once there.  Good riddance.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You are claiming they will not have any consensus once a new speaker is put in place.   I think there is more support for moving forward with these items than the votes showed.   Its two different things agreeing with and taking the drastic step of removing the speaker and not showing unity.

Again McCarthy brought this on himself when he continuously lied to the people who put him in power.   If they didn't do anything they would look weak and the fool.

I'm sure there was a lot of "I agree with you but maybe this isn't the best path" discussions going on.   Now that it has been done lets move forward.  

I didn't fully oppose McCarthy as speaker but he became deceitful and lacked conservative fiscal values once there.  Good riddance.  

so in your opinion was this scenario well played by the Democrats? 

23 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Fucking Karen still doesnt get it :lol:

Then next week he will complain about our Nations debt and nobody doing anything about it.  :lol:

show me how Matt's burn it all down strategy (which isn't a strategy) would or could work when he doesn't have consensus.  :news: