Check your account email address ×

so, wtf has 'big oil' been doing with all of their record profits?

9 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Tell that to the wife....she down over 100k since Biden.    So it's kinda doubtful she will be voting for Biden:lol: 

well, peak market was November 2021 before the first interest rate hike everyone knew was coming.  I know several boomers who cashed out and moved $ into fixed interest before the end of 2021.

in the picture attached, were people dumb enough to believe the markets would continue on the trajectory they were on... forever?  maybe people who don't know Jack shit about the markets or had just grown accustomed to the fed induced low interest frenzy.  Look at the years from Reagan through Bush2 and show me a trajectory line like during the years of the Federal Reserve Bubble...

8 hours ago, racer254 said:

Why are you constantly defending and voting for democrats?

you're hilarious in your assertions. 

Screenshot_20220514-051632.png

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

He meant your whatever not so eloquently said that you have no fucking clue what you are talking about .

Oh really ?.....thanks for clearing that up oh Wizard:bc:

8 hours ago, EvilBird said:

You actually voted for Biden :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lmao:

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Pretty much sums it up.:lol:

He's just trying to justify his vote by pretending the stock market is somehow good under Biden.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

well, peak market was November 2021 before the first interest rate hike everyone knew was coming.  I know several boomers who cashed out and moved $ into fixed interest before the end of 2021.

in the picture attached, were people dumb enough to believe the markets would continue on the trajectory they were on... forever?  maybe people who don't know Jack shit about the markets or had just grown accustomed to the fed induced low interest frenzy.  Look at the years from Reagan through Bush2 and show me a trajectory line like during the years of the Federal Reserve Bubble...

you're hilarious in your assertions. 

Screenshot_20220514-051632.png

Hey what can I tell you, she has a huge nest egg in her 401 and will let it ride through thick or thin ..she has no intentions of taking the money out. But I've never heard her complaining the way she has lately.

Is she exaggerating her wins or losses Trump style? ... Don't know, but like I said she has a good amount in there, so it wouldn't take much to knock it down 100K

She also has a ton of Exxon Mobil stock that was passed down to her from her mother.  I've told her several times to take some off the table especially when it was over $115 recently...... But she won't do it, her reasoning is she does not want to pay taxes on the profit:lol:.... So sure enough we've seen Exxon dip below 100 several times over the years but she doesn't care as long as she doesn't have to pay taxes.   She will never get to enjoy any of that money on her own and will just pass it down to her kids and grandkids... I know I won't see a penny of it :thumbsup:but I'm okay with that she can do what she wants.    

But yeah getting back to the original point the stock market sucks under Biden compared to Trump.... I've left it long ago... Not sure if I will ever return.  I'm having more fun with the cash on hand now And I'm not getting any younger. I think my investment days are over.  May just do some day trading on a few stocks once I retire and can keep it close eye on them for fun.

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Hey what can I tell you, she has a huge nest egg in her 401 and will let it ride through thick or thin ..she has no intentions of taking the money out. But I've never heard her complaining the way she has lately.

Is she exaggerating her wins or losses Trump style? ... Don't know, but like I said she has a good amount in there, so it wouldn't take much to knock it down 100K

She also has a ton of Exxon Mobil stock that was passed down to her from her mother.  I've told her several times to take some off the table especially when it was over $115 recently...... But she won't do it, her reasoning is she does not want to pay taxes on the profit:lol:.... So sure enough we've seen Exxon dip below 100 several times over the years but she doesn't care as long as she doesn't have to pay taxes.   She will never get to enjoy any of that money on her own and will just pass it down to her kids and grandkids... I know I won't see a penny of it :thumbsup:but I'm okay with that she can do what she wants.    

But yeah getting back to the original point the stock market sucks under Biden compared to Trump.... I've left it long ago... Not sure if I will ever return.  I'm having more fun with the cash on hand now And I'm not getting any younger. I think my investment days are over.  May just do some day trading on a few stocks once I retire and can keep it close eye on them for fun.

she doesn't have to 'take it out' of a 401k but if she's concerned about further losses there's typically options within the 401k to move funds around into safer harbors.  she might want to speak to a financial planner or even look or talk to someone within the managing company. 

so as previously stated market peak was November 2021 before the interest rates went up.  I'll assume she's in high risk if she's down $100k so again, examine the risk ratio she's likely invested in as mentioned.  

pretty sure XOM pays a healthy dividend but I never make or give thoughts on individual stocks to anyone, ever.  risk/reward. 

the markets would likely be doing the exact same thing if Trump were currently POTUS and the Federal Reserve was doing what they've been doing since January of 2022.  as mentioned, look at the markets prior to 2009, the bubble was created and bubbles eventually burst.  

maybe @DriftBusta will put his two cents in here? 

Oil companies (like Trump) know how to appeal to the terminally stupid.  

When the liberal government put a 2 cent carbon tax on, the price at the pump jumped 12 cents. Instead of pointing the finger at oil company greed Poilievre make cheap political points and did what the oil companies wanted. Blamed the gas prices on the carbon tax.  When oil companies decided a little war profiteering would work well, the conservatives once again put all the blame on liberal policies. 

and the dumb fuckers believed them. 

• Like 1

Also who are the dumb fuckers calling the lowest unemployment figures in decades a poor economy.  What percentage of the American people benefit from a rise in the Dow Vs a full time job?  
Biden bringing jobs back to North America is pissing off the rich because they have to pay living wages. 

Industrial land has become prime real estate in Canada as well. The electric vehicle industry you hate so much is building to take advantage of Biden tax incentives.

Beats the fuck out of Trump pretending to be tough on China so his daughter can make backroom deals. 

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Also who are the dumb fuckers calling the lowest unemployment figures in decades a poor economy.  

When inflation exceeds wage increases everyone should be upset.  When it does it by an order of magnitude in things that matter for daily life you should be downright pissed off.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

When inflation exceeds wage increases everyone should be upset.  When it does it by an order of magnitude in things that matter for daily life you should be downright pissed off.

Inflation is a worldwide problem. Our dumb as shit conservative was pointing the finger at Trudeau’s policies even though we had one of the lowest rates in the g20. The US wasn’t much worse than us and yet the dumb as shit conservatives were placing the blame on Democrats. 

I looked up some figures. About 58% of Americans has retirement savings. Median 30,000. Average 65,000.  So getting an extra few percent per year in that Vs $2.00 an hour and a full time job with benefits is far better.  

Fox News hosts won’t like it and neither with chief twit Elon musk but the average American will. 

25 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Oil companies (like Trump) know how to appeal to the terminally stupid.  

When the liberal government put a 2 cent carbon tax on, the price at the pump jumped 12 cents. Instead of pointing the finger at oil company greed Poilievre make cheap political points and did what the oil companies wanted. Blamed the gas prices on the carbon tax.  When oil companies decided a little war profiteering would work well, the conservatives once again put all the blame on liberal policies. 

and the dumb fuckers believed them. 

correct :thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Also who are the dumb fuckers calling the lowest unemployment figures in decades a poor economy.  What percentage of the American people benefit from a rise in the Dow Vs a full time job?  
Biden bringing jobs back to North America is pissing off the rich because they have to pay living wages. 

Industrial land has become prime real estate in Canada as well. The electric vehicle industry you hate so much is building to take advantage of Biden tax incentives.

Beats the fuck out of Trump pretending to be tough on China so his daughter can make backroom deals. 

Trump promised to bring back all those jobs AMERICAN CORPORATIONS outsourced back from China.   Cause/Effect

If Americans had been intelligent in 1992 we would have elected Perot... who was far more right than wrong and an actual billionaire businessesman 

12 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

we have a math problem

Corporate America is winning currently