Check your account email address ×

****Official Jimmy Snacks Racing 2023 Nascar Extravaganza Thread****

Starting to remind me of Indy 2008 when the tires would only last 8 to 12 laps and blow by lap 15.  Worked that race. 

I hope good year brought enough tires.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Doug said:

Starting to remind me of Indy 2008 when the tires would only last 8 to 12 laps and blow by lap 15.  Worked that race. 

I hope good year brought enough tires.

They are giving each team one more set…don’t think that’s enough.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They are giving each team one more set…don’t think that’s enough.

Since cup runs a different tire now Goodyear does not bring as many tires. 

Champion which is the transportation company for Nascar takes all the used tires and rims back to Goodyear where they are dismounted and new tires for the next race are mounted and Champion brings them back to the track.  The teams do no transporting of their tires.  That's why they showed the shot of the Goodyear guys changing tires at the track for the extra set.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Since cup runs a different tire now Goodyear does not bring as many tires. 

Champion which is the transportation company for Nascar takes all the used tires and rims back to Goodyear where they are dismounted and new tires for the next race are mounted and Champion brings them back to the track.  The teams do no transporting of their tires.  That's why they showed the shot of the Goodyear guys changing tires at the track for the extra set.

I wish I didn't have to mount and haul tires all over the place.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I wish I didn't have to mount and haul tires all over the place.

And that special swimming pool tire treatment :lol2:

16 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Nah, I don't do that shit.  Isn't worth my health to mess with that stuff.

Finally watch dirt track daily and got caught up on the tire doping and O'Neal leaving the house car.

Mike Mullen is going to concentrate on late model this year with his car owner sold the stock car and the mod is for sale.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Eesshhh…rough week…16th, 21st and 25th.

I didn't fair much better. I dumped Berry for Blaney last minute so 5th, 16th, 22nd.

Busch looked real good at the start.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Doug said:

Finally watch dirt track daily and got caught up on the tire doping and O'Neal leaving the house car.

Mike Mullen is going to concentrate on late model this year with his car owner sold the stock car and the mod is for sale.

Not sure what is up with Hudson high-tailing it out of there.

I like how everyone rips the tire testing labs apart when the drivers are failing, but the thousands and thousands of samples that pass, then they are fine with them.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Screenshot_20240320_213345_Facebook.jpg

Carl Fisher was also the one responsible for the Lincoln Highway, the first coast to coast highway. He was very good friends with Barney Oldfield. Just saw an interesting show on the Lincoln Highway.

• Like 2

From a Facebook page that covers the local tracks we went to.  This is a 1958 chevy and if you look close at the vavle covers has a 348 motor

Screenshot_20240322_181702_Facebook.jpg

Little Hitler is pulling his crap already.  Was supposed to go to Cota to learn the new software.  Flights were booked to leave Thursday afternoon and come home Monday.  Texted me yes Texted me Wednesday morning that I don't need to go and he'll do the training online.  Texted him back for confirmation but received no response.

Sunoco travel arranged the flights and motel so not a big deal as far as I know.  The text exchange will be saved if I'm questioned.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Little Hitler is pulling his crap already.  Was supposed to go to Cota to learn the new software.  Flights were booked to leave Thursday afternoon and come home Monday.  Texted me yes Texted me Wednesday morning that I don't need to go and he'll do the training online.  Texted him back for confirmation but received no response.

Sunoco travel arranged the flights and motel so not a big deal as far as I know.  The text exchange will be saved if I'm questioned.  

Good luck :thumbsup:

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Elliot, Gibbs, SVG

SVG was rather gressive but it was for the win.  Hill was good with his post race interview even though he was understandable pissed.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

The cars we race have never been safer, yet we sometimes have a long ways to go. 

Dallon Murty took a cage hit to the fence, followed by another cage hit from another car.  Was cut out and stayed the night, but is ok.

If you don't know who Dallon is, he really should be on a fast track to race NASCAR if he wants to.  One of the most talented drivers in the country.

May be an image of text

• Sad 1

Well after many years and a couple repairs the inside liner cracked on my Wiston Cup mug and it's going to mug heaven.  Had many of adult beverages in it.  Was autographed by Mike Joy, Robert Pemberton and Buddy Baker. :(

20240329_112655.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Doug said:

Well after many years and a couple repairs the inside liner cracked on my Wiston Cup mug and it's going to mug heaven.  Had many of adult beverages in it.  Was autographed by Mike Joy, Robert Pemberton and Buddy Baker. :(

20240329_112655.jpg

Cool mug with a cool history. Sucks that it broke.

30 minutes ago, Doug said:

20240329_112655.jpg

It deserves a place on the shelf at least.

• Like 2