Check your account email address ×

****Official Jimmy Snacks Racing 2024 Nascar Extravaganza Thread****

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Good job cause I noticed you were still outside the top 10 a week ago, 14th or so?

I ended up 36th which is better than I've done in a long time. I see Jimmy 9 spots ahead of me. The wife had a great pool season last year. This year she sank to the bottom early then missed a couple races and never recouped, 68th.

I see there were only 78 entries this year. It was over 100 a couple years ago.

I watched about 10 laps yesterday. Glad to see Harvick had a good final race. But Blaney winning does nothing for me. He had an up and down season but got good when it counted. I would have preferred Byron to win it.

Pretty sure this is the best I’ve done and as John said the 50 bucks is well worth it…my problem is that once football season starts I don’t watch much unless it happens to be a night race. Glad to see Chastain become the first non final 4 driver to win the finale.🍉🍉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Good job cause I noticed you were still outside the top 10 a week ago, 14th or so?

I ended up 36th which is better than I've done in a long time. I see Jimmy 9 spots ahead of me. The wife had a great pool season last year. This year she sank to the bottom early then missed a couple races and never recouped, 68th.

I see there were only 78 entries this year. It was over 100 a couple years ago.

I watched about 10 laps yesterday. Glad to see Harvick had a good final race. But Blaney winning does nothing for me. He had an up and down season but got good when it counted. I would have preferred Byron to win it.

Thanks!

I was pulling for Larson or Byron. Blaney has paid his dues starting out in the Wood Brothers car and working his way up to a contender.

Agreed on Happy having a good run. It would have been nice to see him end his career with a walk off win, but at least he was still competitive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Pretty sure this is the best I’ve done and as John said the 50 bucks is well worth it…my problem is that once football season starts I don’t watch much unless it happens to be a night race. Glad to see Chastain become the first non final 4 driver to win the finale.🍉🍉

I haven't really been into football since TB12 moved south. Even then I usually watched the race first and then football on the DVR.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 3:20 PM, ckf said:

I haven't really been into football since TB12 moved south. Even then I usually watched the race first and then football on the DVR.

I don't watch much football either but watch it after Nascar and before the snowmobile season starts.  We're invited to a Packer party Sunday and they're playing like crap.  Going to be a lot of Tito's to drink there.

On a Nascar note North Wilkesboro is done with the repave.

https://www.northwilkesborospeedway.com/media/north-wilkesboro-speedway-repaved-ahead-2024-nascar-all-star-race-week.html#:~:text=The resurfacing process included milling,of banking in the corners.

• Like 2

BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) - Vermont broadcast legend Ken Squier died Wednesday night, according to WDEV management. He was 88.

Squier started broadcasting races in Morrisville at age 14. He worked as a pit reporter for his first NASCAR race in 1971. He went on to serve as the voice of NASCAR on CBS and TBS for nearly 20 years.

The Waterbury native owned Radio Vermont, was the founder of Thunder Road, an acclaimed NASCAR announcer, and a NASCAR Hall of Famer.

Squier had been put on hospice after his health had taken a turn for the worse in recent days.

Gov. Phil Scott in a statement Thursday said that he and many others are mourning the loss of a “true Vermont legend.”

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ckf said:

RIP :(

UPDATE: SiriusXM Radio’s Dave Moody reports that Ken Squier passed away Wednesday evening surrounded by family

That to bad but it sounds like he's been having health issues for a while.

Use to like the throwback weekend at Darlington when they would bring some of the old announcers back for part of the race.  They never missed a beat.

• Like 2

Riley Herbst and his father Troy Herbst were victorious in this year’s SCORE Baja 1000, which spanned from La Paz to Ensenada, totaling 1,310 miles.

The Herbsts have strong family lineage in off-road trucking, led by Terrible Herbst Motorsports’ patriarch, Jerry Herbst in the 1970s. Jerry’s first Baja 1000 start came in 1970.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Who is the best stock car driver in equal equipment? Modern era, not back to when senior won his 7.

Gordon. Johnson, Larson or Kyle Bush?

Larson, Gordon KB and Johnson.

Edited by Steve753

17 minutes ago, ckf said:

Who is the best stock car driver in equal equipment? Modern era, not back to when senior won his 7.

Larson

• Like 1

I'd have to agree with Larson. If he would have been in better equipment in his early days he would probably have at least one more championship and a lot more wins. I think that I would have KB in second.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

Larson, Kyle Bush and Bell.  Think the guys with dirt experience have better car control and can search around on the track for a line even though Bush doesn't any dirt experience.

• Like 2

Just now, Doug said:

Larson, Kyle Bush and Bell.  Think the guys with dirt experience have better car control and can search around on the track for a line even though Bush doesn't any dirt experience.

Like Tony Stewart, Kyle would have a lot more wins if they weren't such mental midgets at times during their careers.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'd have to agree with Larson. If he would have been in better equipment in his early days he would probably have at least one more championship and a lot more wins. I think that I would have KB in second.

I was at this race and I wish Larson would have held on for the win.  Now with some dirt late model experience wonder it he would had held on.

• Like 1