Check your account email address ×

Oh..Not until 2029…Phew!

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I would have a gas stove but the wife forbids it since one caused a fire that killed her 17 year old brother.

Can't get past that. Otherwise I would have one.

The Wolf induction unit destroys any normal gas stove.  Does better than the 25k burners I have on high and the low is obviously way better.  More responsive to change although there is no dial.  Only induction with a dial right now is the gaggenau and I don't like their burner layout.

17 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Get everything to run off electricity then have the ability to shut it off remotely at any time 🤷‍♂️

Natural gas can get shut off.

Ask the Poo Tin.

Buy a generator. Have lots of gasoline.

13 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Who here is truly bound up and wound tight on what power their home appliances such as dishwashers, AC’s, microwaves, cook stoves, and washing machines?

I am.

Cost per BTU is many times more for electricity than natural gas.

Roughly 4X more.

Furnace, stove, hot water, dryer. 

The big four of BTU's. 

Massive savings on natural gas vs electricity.

Edited by Voodoo

8 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I am.

Cost per BTU is many times more for electricity than natural gas.

Roughly 4X more.

Furnace, stove, hot water, dryer. 

The big four of BTU's. 

Massive savings on natural gas vs electricity.

Which is another stellar reason to be pissed as shit.  Government requiring more expense and less efficiency.  Stupidity at it's finest.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Which is another stellar reason to be pissed as shit.  Government requiring more expense and less efficiency.  Stupidity at it's finest.

Which party supports this?  Remember that during election time.

• Platinum Contributing Member

The country is about to overcorrect to the right. Heads will explode.vocal members here will disappear, and I will laugh. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Shifty said:

The country is about to overcorrect to the right. Heads will explode.vocal members here will disappear, and I will laugh. 

:haha:

5 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Even if that happens, they still have to get rid of these regulations

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

The Republican controlled house passed it.  Either way, I won't vote for Trump or Biden.

LOL.  It's republicans now that want to do this?  Stop lying!!!

Water heaters could soon be subject to much more stringent efficiency requirements if a recent Department of Energy proposal that has been criticized by Republican lawmakers goes into effect.

In a draft rule unveiled Friday, the Biden administration is seeking to compel most electric water heaters to deploy heat pump technology and gas-fired ones to use condensing technology.

It comes months after the Biden administration ignited a firestorm over feared stove top regulations, after Albany lawmakers enacted a controversial first-in-the-nation gas stove ban in New York.

And Remember, there are other races during this next election.  Vote accordingly.

Edited by racer254

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

LOL.  It's republicans now that want to do this?  Stop lying!!!

Water heaters could soon be subject to much more stringent efficiency requirements if a recent Department of Energy proposal that has been criticized by Republican lawmakers goes into effect.

In a draft rule unveiled Friday, the Biden administration is seeking to compel most electric water heaters to deploy heat pump technology and gas-fired ones to use condensing technology.

It comes months after the Biden administration ignited a firestorm over feared stove top regulations, after Albany lawmakers enacted a controversial first-in-the-nation gas stove ban in New York.

And Remember, there are other races during this next election.  Vote accordingly.

And what’s wrong with the above?  

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

If the electricity is generated by wind, solar, nuke etc, there is a significant decrease in carbon output.

Electric is incredibly efficient.

Problem is there is not enough of it, or the ability to deliver.

if I swapped my shops gas boiler, my gas fireplace, gas dryer, gas stove and gas water heater, I’d destroy the transformer at the road feeding my place.

A little math.

in a perfect world 1 kw of electricity is 3400 btus.

120,000 boiler 

60,000 water heater

20,000 dryer

15,000 stove.

215,000 btu total.

Divide that by 3400 and that’s 64 kw.

Divide that by 240v and that’s 260 amps at 240 volts.

My demand alone would probably trip the limits of the transformer feeding me, and the two other people on that same transformer.

The people that come up with these ideas are either mad, stupid or some combination of both.

I didn’t include my 30,000 btu fireplace..I can wear a sweater and burn wood in the old school fireplace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

And what’s wrong with the above?  

Heat can be moved, effectively..that’s how an air conditioner works.

However, heat can not be generated so easily.

Read up on it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Heat can be moved, effectively..that’s how an air conditioner works.

However, heat can not be generated so easily.

Read up on it.

The guy is a full blown liberal idiot.  He doesn't understand anything, only D vs R.