Check your account email address ×

Rolling Coal, you get a ticket

4 minutes ago, Winterman said:

You fags need to drive a "tuned" diesel before you go on whining about smoke. The amount of torque they produce is epic. When you lower the pedal you'll think you were rear ended by a small planet. 

I know there are plenty of dbags doing it for no reason, but they are the sledders with cans closing trails. 

bingo.  On all of it.

my 03 dodge didn't have all that emissions bullshit, so the MTO can suck my purple headed warrior. i run a straight pipe of the turbo 

10 minutes ago, Winterman said:

You fags need to drive a "tuned" diesel before you go on whining about smoke. The amount of torque they produce is epic. When you lower the pedal you'll think you were rear ended by a small planet. 

I know there are plenty of dbags doing it for no reason, but they are the sledders with cans closing trails. 

Ever been to Haydays? 

More misinformed bullshit spewed by grabdicks10....simply adding a tune to a deisel will not make it roll coal...nor will removing the pollution control....

1 minute ago, toslow said:

my 03 dodge didn't have all that emissions bullshit, so the MTO can suck my purple headed warrior. i run a straight pipe of the turbo 

I have an 03 too, 4" MBRP exhaust with 2 of their mufflers and a different intake tube not running a programmer now as I'm not pulling the horse trailer any more and even when I did only turned it up 75 hp it never really smoked that bad anyway, I had an e 350 Quigley van with a 7.3 turned up 75 hp that would smoke pretty hard when you first hit hard but then cleared up pretty well.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

I have an 03 too, 4" MBRP exhaust with 2 of their mufflers and a different intake tube not running a programmer now as I'm not pulling the horse trailer any more and even when I did only turned it up 75 hp it never really smoked that bad anyway, I had an e 350 Quigley van with a 7.3 turned up 75 hp that would smoke pretty hard when you first hit hard but then cleared up pretty well.

i run an edge tuner always stays in light tow mode even when not pulling my 5ver. the truck never see over 2000rpm so it has a pretty easylife. never winter driven.

5 minutes ago, toslow said:

i run an edge tuner always stays in light tow mode even when not pulling my 5ver. the truck never see over 2000rpm so it has a pretty easylife. never winter driven.

I had an edge in my 7.3 I have a bullydog  now but I took it out when diesel was 4.99 a gallon, my 03 has 142,000 miles now, still pretty nice shape we use on trips mostly not much hard work for it now just my clamshell once in a while.

1 hour ago, hwytohell said:

If a person wants to blow black smoke from the tail pipe, just go out and find a well used early 80's GM- Oldsmobile 5.7 rattle can an have at it . They always smoked, smelled , leaked an put the driver to foot more often than a DUI judge.

I remember the  olds wagon with the 5.7 diesel. .fuck me,what was point of that

• Like 1

Bro has a 03 powerstroke with a six pack bully dog tune.  Fuckin awesome, no rolling doucheness, just pure powah. The kind that enables you to have a 35 ft 5th wheel hooked up and still smoke a grand am gt at a light :lol:

My 96 7.3 is stock and I'm fine with that.  I'm a big douche myself . I don't need the truck advertising that

9 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I remember the  olds wagon with the 5.7 diesel. .fuck me,what was point of that

worst leaking POS that the general ever built

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I don't know if it is true but rumor is if you get stopped for a fuel check and you modified the diesel truck emissions it's a 10,000 dollar fine and they red tag the truck and it gets towed.

My buddy's nephew got pinched 2 years ago in his '12 Cummins. Deletes , Tuner, etc. I'm told the fine was $3000, vehicle was towed to a Ministry yard, his mechanic had to swap the stock parts back in before they would allow it to leave. 

Second story I heard was on Facebook. Guy said he got $1500 in fines and they took his plates. He had to have it towed, restored to stock then inspected at a Ministry yard before he could put it back on the road.

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, Dave said:

More misinformed bullshit spewed by grabdicks10....simply adding a tune to a deisel will not make it roll coal...nor will removing the pollution control....

I drive diesels daily and have owned many.  My new one has no soot in the tail pipe.  If it's tuned or the owner hasn't kept the emissions in appropriate working order it is guaranteed to be black in there.  If it's black in the pipe it needs be ticketed IMO.  It would be an easy check for the law....  if it's black in the pipe in diesels it is in violation....  if a tuner keeps the pipe clean it wouldn't have any issue to worry about on getting ticketed. IMG_0336.thumb.JPG.d01eb96802c3b3e9ac9a03bfb8287457.JPGIMG_0335.thumb.JPG.fee0fba0b92b3c682de189e5eda6e077.JPG

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, Dave said:

I had a '13 F350 6.7 a couple years ago. Deleted with a Minimax tuner. If you stomped it off the line it would puff out a cloud then clean up.

From what I've read you have to put your tuner in performance mode and put the trans in a high gear so when you stomp on the throttle it loads the motor with fuel and makes the big smoke. Never tried it myself.

Its a shame what DPF's have done to the performance of diesels. Delete them and you get big power gains, better fuel economy, better reliability and reduced maintenance/repair costs.

32 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I drive diesels daily and have owned many.  My new one has no soot in the tail pipe.  If it's tuned or the owner hasn't kept the emissions in appropriate working order it is guaranteed to be black in there.  If it's black in the pipe it needs be ticketed IMO.  It would be an easy check for the law....  if it's black in the pipe in diesels it is in violation....  if a tuner keeps the pipe clean it wouldn't have any issue to worry about on getting ticketed. IMG_0336.thumb.JPG.d01eb96802c3b3e9ac9a03bfb8287457.JPGIMG_0335.thumb.JPG.fee0fba0b92b3c682de189e5eda6e077.JPG

You sir dont have a fucking clue.... :lol:

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Dave said:

You sir dont have a fucking clue.... :lol:

soot in pipe they are tuned or the emission systems need repair.  It will soon be a simple thing Law Enforcement will hopefully use to bring some money into the police department for office catered events and parties.  I would full support them ticketing sooted tailpipes on diesels and encourage them to do it.

Edited by BOHICA

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I had a '13 F350 6.7 a couple years ago. Deleted with a Minimax tuner. If you stomped it off the line it would puff out a cloud then clean up.

From what I've read you have to put your tuner in performance mode and put the trans in a high gear so when you stomp on the throttle it loads the motor with fuel and makes the big smoke. Never tried it myself.

Its a shame what DPF's have done to the performance of diesels. Delete them and you get big power gains, better fuel economy, better reliability and reduced maintenance/repair costs.

Smoke switch.

Having a little cloud of black smoke when stepping on it is not rolling coal.

Edited by Dave

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

soot in pipe they are tuned or the emission systems need repair.  It will soon be a simple thing Law Enforcement will hopefully use to bring some money into the police department for office catered events and parties.  I would full support them ticketing sooted tailpipes on diesels and encourage them to do it.

:lol:

• Gold Member

I do know these Fords are a much better Diesel then the Ram diesel it replaced.  You can tell the craftsmanship and design is alot better in the ford.  This ford will be alot tighter after 100,000 miles then the ram was at 50,000.  Things on the ram just fall apart after a days work.  You had to beat on the interior door panel on the ram to get the window switches to function. to tansmission issues, Transfer cases scattering their guts all over the freeway, Fuck seats that resembled a church pew among many other issues that would come up once a month give or take.

10 hours ago, Winterman said:

Unless you're pullin for a livin you don't need that much torque. Most of these young guys with diesel trucks are wanna-be transport drivers but don't have the skill to drive any more than 4 wheels at a time.

HEY , look at me, I make smoke. FUCK OFF !!!!!11111111

Edited by 2strokemerc

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

My buddy's nephew got pinched 2 years ago in his '12 Cummins. Deletes , Tuner, etc. I'm told the fine was $3000, vehicle was towed to a Ministry yard, his mechanic had to swap the stock parts back in before they would allow it to leave. 

Second story I heard was on Facebook. Guy said he got $1500 in fines and they took his plates. He had to have it towed, restored to stock then inspected at a Ministry yard before he could put it back on the road.

This is USA and I believe it's the ATF that enforces the rules.