Check your account email address ×

Motherfucker....sump pump fun.

How big is the pipe? Hire an irigation company to pull in a new line, no need to dig. There are also set ups that go on the front of skid steers that can pull 4". Farmers no longer trench or dig for a drain tile. If the pipe is also a soil line then you need to trench in a PVC pipe.  

mot many in my parts can have a finished basement and not have to deal with the consequence from time to time .

Hell I have a crack in my floor and when it rains for a few days straight I get a nice little 3 in fountain in the center of the room lol

I just have 2 beads of calk running to the floor drain . fuck it my whole basement is sport court and will never be finished . my neighbors house is like 11 yrs old and has flooded and fucked his carpet and shitty mdf base and casing like 4 times . he is thinking real hard about sport  court and aria rugs now . only kids rooms and kids tv/room any way

19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

mot many in my parts can have a finished basement and not have to deal with the consequence from time to time .

Hell I have a crack in my floor and when it rains for a few days straight I get a nice little 3 in fountain in the center of the room lol

I just have 2 beads of calk running to the floor drain . fuck it my whole basement is sport court and will never be finished . my neighbors house is like 11 yrs old and has flooded and fucked his carpet and shitty mdf base and casing like 4 times . he is thinking real hard about sport  court and aria rugs now . only kids rooms and kids tv/room any way

That's why we never finished the basement at our old place. We had yearly water main breaks in winter that washed away the earth beside and underneath our house. The basement wall eventually cracked inwards and cost me 7k to fix. Then the north side of the yard kept sinking and sinking.  Gave up with patio pavers and switched to crushed gravel. Eventually Gabe up after 8 years of bs ,sold it and moved to the sticks. Gota dirt crawl space now,and couldn't be happier 

Mines been running non-stop. I have a battery back up,  a spare, plumed and ready to go in. Bastard always wants to fail at the worst time.  Came home from vacation after driving a 1000 mi . The primary had burned itself up due to a faulty switch and back up had depleted the battery.  Suppose to rain for another 2 days straight.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Mines been running non-stop. I have a battery back up,  a spare, plumed and ready to go in. Bastard always wants to fail at the worst time.  Came home from vacation after driving a 1000 mi . The primary had burned itself up due to a faulty switch and back up had depleted the battery.  Suppose to rain for another 2 days straight.

What you should do is add another pit elsewhere in the basement or next to your existing pit so you have 2 primary pumps splitting the water load. That way if one burns out the you still have one working, the pumps don't work as hard because you're splitting the load.

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

if u are on city water look in to the water powered pumps for a back up. they are small and work well. most of the batter powered ones people have the battery is shot and will not hold up to a overnight power loss . it is crazy they spend the money for the system then never bring in the battery for a check

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

What you should do is add another pit elsewhere in the basement or next to your existing pit so you have 2 primary pumps splitting the water load. That way if one burns out the you still have one working, the pumps don't work as hard because you're splitting the load.

I have 1 property we deal with has a old clay pit and old clay pipe. so shallow and small a pump hardly fits . things last 2 yrs max then floods . on then off for 20 seconds then on it is ridiculous. 

17 hours ago, Boered said:

So, my sump was running pretty much non stop. Go out side to have a look where it comes out of the basement. There is a t coming up to the surface and the top is blown off, water is being pumped not out to the ditch but out the top of the tee against the side of the house. Dig it up, make a trench to direct the flow and fine byond the tee the pipe is clogged full of something... The pipe runs about 140 feet down to where it discharges at the ditch. Now the fun begins dig it up and find the clog....or go get a mini excavator and dig a new trnch and lay new pipe, which I already have about 80 feet of. Fucking should have bought a condo.

Rent a trencher, it's a cleaner and causes less damage than a mini- backhoe.

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Not a bad idea.....never thought of that. :bc:

We have had a lot of rain this spring, I don't even think it ran last year.

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

if u are on city water look in to the water powered pumps for a back up. they are small and work well. most of the batter powered ones people have the battery is shot and will not hold up to a overnight power loss . it is crazy they spend the money for the system then never bring in the battery for a check

Well.

Yup, one of those things you never think about until it is too late. I'm good for thinking I just replaced something, only to find out I did it 3-4 years ago. :lol: 

We have two pumps at different levels in the hole and the 1st pump is running pretty steady with all the rain we've been getting. We have two new ones in boxes waiting for the call of duty lol. We have a standby genny if we lose power

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

We have two pumps at different levels in the hole and the 1st pump is running pretty steady with all the rain we've been getting. We have two new ones in boxes waiting for the call of duty lol. We have a standby genny if we lose power

I have a generator, and am doing what you have, a second pump just above the primary pump.