Check your account email address ×

IEA: Renewables Installations In 2023 Soar To Levels We’ve Never Seen

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

China l adding the way accounting for 55% of new renewable installations in 2023.  Enough new renewables coming online this year to power all of Germany and Spain.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/IEA-Renewables-Installations-In-2023-Soar-To-Levels-Weve-Never-Seen.html

Until the sun goes down and the wind quits. Solar is a joke as it takes up so much space and wind fails more than it works.

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Until the sun goes down and the wind quits. Solar is a joke as it takes up so much space and wind fails more than it works.

Just crossed over 40 mwh of electricity generated on my roof over 2 years 1 month and 6 days.  Eliminated the need to burn over 40,000 lbs of coal as it takes about 1 pound of coal to generate 1kwh of electricity.  Or about 294,000 cubic feet of natural gas as it takes around 7.36 cubic feet of natural gas to make a kwh.

all from my roof so it’s not taking up any space that isn’t already taken by just shingles.

IMG_2804.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Just crossed over 40 mwh of electricity generated on my roof over 2 years 1 month and 6 days.  Eliminated the need to burn over 40,000 lbs of coal as it takes about 1 pound of coal to generate 1kwh of electricity.  Or about 294,000 cubic feet of natural gas as it takes around 7.36 cubic feet of natural gas to make a kwh.

all from my roof so it’s not taking up any space that isn’t already taken by just shingles.

IMG_2804.jpeg

What would happen if you weren't connected to the grid.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

What would happen if you weren't connected to the grid.

Such a retarded question

what would happen if you weren’t connected to the grid?

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Such a retarded question

what would happen if you weren’t connected to the grid?

It would be funny as fuck to see your solar taken out by a hail storm and you weren't connected. One can only hope!

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

It would be funny as fuck to see your solar taken out by a hail storm and you weren't connected. One can only hope!

I don’t live in an area that hail happens.  I guess panels are designed to take some hail 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

I don’t live in an area that hail happens.  I guess panels are designed to take some hail 

Climate change remember.  You're doomed!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nope..  75-90 minutes from there.  Treasure valley 

That makes more sense, EV's work much better in Metro areas, I just couldn't see your obsession in McCall. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, airflite1 said:

That makes more sense, EV's work much better in Metro areas, I just couldn't see your obsession in McCall. 

My EV is rarely used in my state.  It’s all road tripes for me out west.  Typically 400+ miles on my trips.  No issues.

Just now, BOHICA said:

My EV is rarely used in my state.  It’s all road tripes for me out west.  Typically 400+ miles on my trips.  No issues.

So I'm assuming you're one of the Transplants from California that have taken over the area.

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

So I'm assuming you're one of the Transplants from California that have taken over the area.

South Dakota then Texas then Alaska then Washington and finally Idaho 16 year ago.  

but speaking on Californians most I have meet are the conservatives fleeing.  We are a bunch of white supremacist in Idaho.  Liberals aren’t fleeing california in great numbers.  Mostly conservatives show up from california in my area and I welcome them as they bring shit loads of money and pay into the state funds.  The Californians coming to my state are definetly conservatives and it is shoring up our conservative base.

Edited by BOHICA

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

South Dakota then Texas then Alaska then Washington and finally Idaho 16 year ago.  

but speaking on Californians most I have meet are the conservatives fleeing.  We are a bunch of white supremacist in Idaho.  Liberals aren’t fleeing california in great numbers.  Mostly conservatives show up from california in my area and I welcome them as they bring shit loads of money and pay into the state funds.  The Californians coming to my state are definetly conservatives and it is shoring up our conservative base.

I sure haven't seen that in the Boise area, Boise is kinda liberal, and almost all of the people I've meet fleeing California, Portland and Seattle are pushing for liberal policies like they're fleeing, No powered watercraft on lakes, anti-hunting, despise off road vehicles, and (God forbid on a snowmobile forum), Snowmobiles. 

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I sure haven't seen that in the Boise area, Boise is kinda liberal, and almost all of the people I've meet fleeing California, Portland and Seattle are pushing for liberal policies like they're fleeing, No powered watercraft on lakes, anti-hunting, despise off road vehicles, and (God forbid on a snowmobile forum), Snowmobiles. 

While Boise leans liberal the treasure valley isn’t.  Liberals can’t afford green living.  It’s only conservatives  buying EV’s and producing their own power as conservatives in my state are the only ones that pay enough in taxes to take advantage of it.  

Edited by BOHICA

While Boise leans liberal the treasure valley isn’t. 

Well Boise is the bulk of the population of the Treasure Valley, From Ontario to Mt. Home, and up to McCall the liberals are pushing for their Ideals. That pretty much covers the Treasure Valley.

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

While Boise leans liberal the treasure valley isn’t.  Liberals can’t afford green living.  It’s only conservatives  buying EV’s and producing their own power as conservatives in my state are the only ones that pay enough in taxes to take advantage of it.  

I see you did an edit there, are you sure you live in the Treasure Valley, Liberals have been buying up all the homes driving prices up to the point locals can't afford them, many come from the tech industry and have sold their homes for stupid money, so houses in Idaho seem ridiculously cheap for them. I see the same thing happening in Southern Texas. (example: a friend in McCall had a small 800 square foot A-Frame cabin she paid $105 thousand dollars for, 3 years later she sold it $280 thousand to a couple that work at Amazon's headquarters in Seattle. But if you think it's conservatives moving to the Treasure Valley, all the locals I know will disagree with you.

• Gold Member
50 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I see you did an edit there, are you sure you live in the Treasure Valley, Liberals have been buying up all the homes driving prices up to the point locals can't afford them, many come from the tech industry and have sold their homes for stupid money, so houses in Idaho seem ridiculously cheap for them. I see the same thing happening in Southern Texas. (example: a friend in McCall had a small 800 square foot A-Frame cabin she paid $105 thousand dollars for, 3 years later she sold it $280 thousand to a couple that work at Amazon's headquarters in Seattle. But if you think it's conservatives moving to the Treasure Valley, all the locals I know will disagree with you.

Mccall is a resort community and not part of the treasure valley.  Haven’t met any liberals moving here.  It’s just all conservatives fleeing California and other places.  Conservative’s love tax credits that allow them to keep more of their own money.  Lived here for a bit and only see it get more conservative with all the implants.  Property values have sky rocketed, yes they have.  Lots of business owners, and just over all wealthy conservatives moving here fleeing higher tax areas.  

Mccall is a resort community and not part of the treasure valley.  Haven’t met any liberals moving here.  It’s just all conservatives fleeing California and other places.  Conservative’s love tax credits that allow them to keep more of their own money.  Lived here for a bit and only see it get more conservative with all the implants.  Property values have sky rocketed, yes they have.  Lots of business owners, and just over all wealthy conservatives moving here fleeing higher tax areas.  

As I said from Ontario to Mountain Home (where I've worked for 12 years) and McCall for 5, the locals I know will disagree with you. 

• Gold Member
29 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

As I said from Ontario to Mountain Home (where I've worked for 12 years) and McCall for 5, the locals I know will disagree with you. 

They can disagree all they want.  They just hate implants cause of preconceived notions run wild in this state.  We will charge people with drug possession in my area for having Hemp rope.

As a member of the Republican Party I can assure you these implants are really locking up the Conservative Party.  Our voter roles have grown huge.  Public information you can share with your ill informed friends.

Call Ada county and Canyon county as the treasure valley….  About the only democrat county in this state is county Sun Valley resides in.  Nez pearce will swing liberal as well cause Indians 

jan 2020 register voter roles

IMG_2811.thumb.png.20ba725e07cbc184b2202fa5e7e50888.png

May of 2023 voter roles

IMG_2810.thumb.png.7c6040c22778ec9399d82a4c41ec763f.png

Republican Party has gained 40,000 members since Jan 2020 and libs have gain in 6,000 in the same time frame in Ada county.  Canyon county(treasure valley) has gained 17-18k Republican voters and Dems have gained like 2,000 voters in that 3 year time frame.  Conservatives blew this area up with the ingress from california!!   It’s awesome as they bring big money with them!

Dont believe what a bunch of Ammon Bundy Twitter followers tell you…  see the data and feel free to send it to your buddies….  They are so uninformed it’s pathetic to see other republicans so fucking stupid in my state as our state is attracting conservatives like 10-1 and just becoming more and more conservative!  All this influx we have experienced is pretty much conservative values.

https://sos.idaho.gov/elections-division/voter-registration-totals/

Edited by BOHICA

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They can disagree all they want.  They just hate implants cause of preconceived notions run wild in this state.  We will charge people with drug possession in my area for having Hemp rope.

As a member of the Republican Party I can assure you these implants are really locking up the Conservative Party.  Our voter roles have grown huge.  Public information you can share with your ill informed friends.

Call Ada county and Canyon county as the treasure valley….  About the only democrat county in this state is county Sun Valley resides in.  Nez pearce will swing liberal as well cause Indians 

jan 2020 register voter roles

IMG_2811.thumb.png.20ba725e07cbc184b2202fa5e7e50888.png

May of 2023 voter roles

IMG_2810.thumb.png.7c6040c22778ec9399d82a4c41ec763f.png

Republican Party has game 40,000 members since Jan 2020 and libs have gain in 6,000 in the same time frame.

Dont believe what a bunch of Ammon Bundy Twitter followers tell you…  see the data and feel free to send it to your buddies….  They are so uninformed it’s pathetic to see other republicans so fucking stupid in my state.

https://sos.idaho.gov/elections-division/voter-registration-totals/

I wonder how many of the 100 thousand unaffiliated are transplant liberals, and drug use in ada county (Boise) is getting out of hand. Arrested for Hemp. 😂, cross the border into Ontario and see all the Idaho plates buying Pot there, If I remember right there are 9 Marijuana stores that are huge, if you think the small town of Ontario is supporting that you're crazy. Almost all my friends are Forrest Service, BLM, or IDL employees, and of course people from the airports. Nobody talks twitter.