Check your account email address ×

IEA: Renewables Installations In 2023 Soar To Levels We’ve Never Seen

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I wonder how many of the 100 thousand unaffiliated are transplant liberals, and drug use in ada county (Boise) is getting out of hand. Arrested for Hemp. 😂, cross the border into Ontario and see all the Idaho plates buying Pot there, If I remember right there are 9 Marijuana stores that are huge, if you think the small town of Ontario is supporting that you're crazy. Almost all my friends are Forrest Service, BLM, or IDL employees, and of course people from the airports. Nobody talks twitter.

yes it’s a lot of republicans and Idaho shops for pot in Ontario.  Lots of “jack” Mormon types in this area.  Will get crazy wild when not around other Mormons.

Unaffiliated voter roles dropped since January 2020 in the treasure Valley….  Conservative voting base is really shored up by the influx of migrants in this state. 

we lock truck drivers up for hemp in this state.

https://www.ktvb.com/amp/article/news/crime/truck-drivers-sentenced-for-transporting-hemp-through-ada-county-idaho/277-48d9ec07-b224-4623-b556-2291f5bcdf3b

And yet Drug use in Idaho is above the National average.

In the most recent Survey, 9.36 percent of Idaho residents reported using illicit drugs in the past month. The national average was 8.82 percent. Additionally, 3.71 percent of Idaho residents reported using an illicit drug other than marijuana in the past month (the national average was 3.33 percent).

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

And yet Drug use in Idaho is above the National average.

In the most recent Survey, 9.36 percent of Idaho residents reported using illicit drugs in the past month. The national average was 8.82 percent. Additionally, 3.71 percent of Idaho residents reported using an illicit drug other than marijuana in the past month (the national average was 3.33 percent).

We do have a lot of meth heads.  They really don’t vote though.

but like I said our wealthy implants, that are forcing less fortunate locals out, are mostly conservatives that are bring big money in…. It’s why long time washed up locals try and blame Californian liberals…. Gots to blame somebody else for your own situation.  But the Republican Party has never been stronger in Idaho and only getting stronger as more Californians move in.  Conservatives are fleeing california at a record pace and moving to places like Idaho, Texas and such.

14 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I don’t live in an area that hail happens.  I guess panels are designed to take some hail 

550 watts of solar on the roof of my van. Hail hasn't damaged any panels yet. 

3 hours ago, airflite1 said:

I sure haven't seen that in the Boise area, Boise is kinda liberal, and almost all of the people I've meet fleeing California, Portland and Seattle are pushing for liberal policies like they're fleeing, No powered watercraft on lakes, anti-hunting, despise off road vehicles, and (God forbid on a snowmobile forum), Snowmobiles. 

Good!! Boise needs some intelligence. Way too inbred for the longest amount of time. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

550 watts of solar on the roof of my van. Hail hasn't damaged any panels yet. 

Have you been in a hail storm with it?

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Two rather serious storms and handful of pea size hail storms. I have Rich solar panels. They’re tough. 

Ya pea sized won't damage anything. Golf ball sized and up will decimate your panels every time since you can't angle them.

• Gold Member

Solar panels have design criteria and certification.  Most will take up to inch diameter hail as that is what they are certified too in most cases.

In fact, most manufacturers test and certify their solar panels to withstand hail up to one inch in diameter falling at 50 miles per hour. Today's solar panels are also extremely resilient against high winds and heavy rain.

The National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) in Golden, Colorado, can attest to the resilience of solar panels against extreme weather. NREL is home to an enormous solar energy system consisting of 3,168 rooftop- and ground-mounted solar panels. In 2017, a severe hail storm  hit the greater Denver area and the NREL campus.

Despite hailstones up to 2.75 inches in diameter being reported in the area — and the countless cars and windows that were damaged — only one of the facility’s 3,168 solar panels sustained damage. That’s a major testament to the resilience of solar panel systems.

https://blog.namastesolar.com/hail-solar-panels-how-much-hail-can-solar-panels-handle#:~:text=In fact%2C most manufacturers test,high winds and heavy rain.